Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Event Rules Question...

Go down 
+6
Zane
slob212
lonesniper24
Lone Wolf
iliveforthis99
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Corporal
Corporal

Event Rules Question... Empty
PostSubject: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:26 am

This has been in my mind since i've been wanting to get a m120 spring upgrade.....

Since most OP's and events have a FPS limit of 400, and the m120 upgrade makes my gun go from 380 FPS to 420 FPS
would they allow it if the FPS on my gun went 410 FPS?
cause theres no way i can make it shoot a certain speed... (to an extent)

The gun origanlly went 350-380 FPS (but most people say it went 380-390)
should i even bother getting the upgrade? besides the fact taht it upgrades the bushings?
Back to top Go down
http://creatorsunite.webs.com/
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:53 am

This is why i don't at regulated fields.

It'll probably depend on the field but i wouldn't be surprised at all if they said you couldn't play. If they have a tech service on site they could just cut the spring down for you to bring it under the limit but that'll cost you most likely. Personally though, if you're gun is shooting around 380 already i wouldn't bother upgrading the spring. You won't see a huge difference and you don't risk being over the FPS limit for most outdoor fields.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:05 am

95 wrote:
This has been in my mind since i've been wanting to get a m120 spring upgrade.....

Since most OP's and events have a FPS limit of 400, and the m120 upgrade makes my gun go from 380 FPS to 420 FPS

should i even bother getting the upgrade? besides the fact taht it upgrades the bushings?

You could safely put a M110 in there, but a M120 would put you above the delicate 400 margin. Is there any specific reason you want the spring, other than just making your shots hurt more?
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:07 am

use higher weight bbs this will lower the power and work at these ops as for feild you can use reg weight
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:14 am

lonesniper24 wrote:
use higher weight bbs this will lower the power and work at these ops as for feild you can use reg weight

It never lowers the power. The bb just has more mass so there is more inertia. A .25 will hurt noticeably more as a .2 traveling at the same FPS. Because the .25 requires more energy to move.
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:39 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
95 wrote:

You could safely put a M110 in there, but a M120 would put you above the delicate 400 margin. Is there any specific reason you want the spring, other than just making your shots hurt more?

I havn't looked at the M110 yet.... i'm going to right now

Only reason i want the M120 is because i want more range.... I play open field like areas most of the time, but when i start playing mid-sim games at "BIG" events i want to be able to play

EDIT: if i get the M110 upgrade, what speed would i get? (since it said i could get 350-390FPS)
like is there a greater chance i would be right on 400FPS if it took the M120?
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:44 am

oh nevermind then i got confused
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:48 am

Lolz should i make it more simplefed?
But it will be till tomorrow till i can get back on
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 am

@95,

You may want to look at either installing a PDI 150% or a TOP POWER 170% spring, both will bring you close to your target FPS ( 395-399 FPS ).

Even with an FPS limit of 400FPS, you can achieve fantastic results in Range and Accuracy, a good TB inner barrel, Hop-Up Buckling help considerably but the best way to improve the performance of the gun is to use Quality BB´s, most players overlook the impact this has on their AS Replicas.

@lonesniper24

Upping the weight will drop the FPS, but since most Events and serious Fields require that the Gun be measured with .20g BB´s, dialing in your gun to come in under 400 with .23 or .25g BB´s defeats the purpose. If an Event or Field is on the Honor System, and you get called out for proofing, it´s going to look real bad when your gun measures way over the FPS Limit.
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:17 pm

@slop212

I don't want to install the spring and bushings in myself (since i thing theres a chance of me messing the internals up)
I don't really care if the FPS is like 380 FPS or around that spot... its just i don't want it to go slow and not make the range in need it for

Is there a BB brand you would prefer? (I don't want any .20 gram BB's... since i know there too light for a 400FPS gun. so i was thinking of .25's or .27's)
I was thinking of getting this stuff>>http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=28397
but i don't have much experience with BB's other than not to buy them from like the "CHEAP CHEAP" companies, like "AFTER MATH" and crossman and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Admin has a great article on BB's..ill post it below.

Quote :
Picking the right BB for you and your rifle
Written by: Ryan kemper

What size BB is best for my gun? Does it matter what brand it is? For the experienced airsoft sniper or designated marksman, you may already know what ammo make, model, and size is best for your particular gun. For the new sniper, this article will prove to be very important! There are many factors that come in to play when it comes to being a successful sniper - picking the right ammo for your gun is one of them. There are many common mistakes people make when choosing a BB. For example, it is a well spread rumor that the heavier the BB, the shorter your effective range. This isn't the case. In fact, the key to your success is finding the heaviest BB your gun can handle without its reducing effective range. You can have the nicest rifle with the most advanced upgrades available for it, but your gun is only going to be as good as the ammo you're using!

First let's go over the recommended BB weights/sizes:

BBs come in many different weights, from .12 grams all the way to .43 grams! So which is best for your gun? I can't answer that without knowing the specs of your gun, but I can give you an idea of where to start. First of all, never use a weight below .25g. Many snipers (most elitists) will say that even this weight is too light. I say that's debatable. However, I do personally recommend .28g-.30g to start off with. Unless your gun is upgraded internally, I also wouldn't recommend going too much over .30 gram BBs, as you actually will start sacrificing effective range for accuracy.

I also want to mention the various manufacturing sizes of BBs. Believe it or not, not all BBs are the same size, and even the slighest variance in size can damage your gun and/or ruin your day! It's good to first know the diameter of your inner barrel. If you're serious about sniping you've hopefully purchased a precision barrel (only cost $30-$60) which will range between 6.00mm to 6.04mm. This is why it's so important to check the diameter of your BBs, along with the given variance. For example, let's say you have a 6.01mm inner barrel in your Maruzen L96. Now let's say you decided to try out .28g Airsoft Elites as your BB of choice. You read in the description located on the website you purchase your BBs through that the BBs are manufactured to be 5.98mm in diameter with a +/- .01mm variance. This means each BB will most likely be 5.97mm to 5.99mm in diameter. Since this is smaller than your 6.01mm inner barrel, you should be fine. However, let's say you get a BB with a diameter of 5.99mm +/- .01mm and your rifle has a 6.01mm inner barrel, well now we may have problems. There's a good chance you'll eventually come across a BB that slipped through the sorting and has a +.02mm variance from the 5.99mm the BBs stated. Try firing a 6.01mm BB down a 6.01mm barrel and you have yourself a jammed gun. This is a pain to deal with on the field and could have easily been prevented. So know your barrel size, know your BB size with variance, and choose a quality manufacturer for your BBs. Speaking of that....

Now let's take a look at the different recommended brands of BBs:

Pick a BB manufacturer that's proven itself as a producer of quality goods! Do not skimp on BBs - you'll eventually pay for it! If you're serious about sniping and care about your gun you'll pay the extra couple dollars to get a quality bag/box of BBs. Here are some recommended brands, but don't take this list as the only quality BBs out there - look around yourself and read reviews - there are more and more BB manufacturers coming out as time goes on, so pay attention and find yourself a good one!

* Tokyo Marui
* KSC
* Excel
* Matrix
* Airsoft Elite (AE)
* Systema
* AIM
* SRC
* Stealth
* Maruzen

*The higher-end BBs like these stated are shaped to better standards than other makers and polished more thoroughly, which in return means less jamming and more accuracy!

The truth is there's no clear cut way for me to tell you exactly which type of BB would be best for you and your gun. The type of BB you should choose depends on many factors like what gun you'll be using, what (if any) parts are upgraded, what is the weather like most often where you play, and what distances are you most often shooting from, just to name a few. The best advice is to buy a few small bags of the recommended brands and sizes I mentioned above, and try them out yourself! Sight your scope in and adjust your hop-up with each brand and size of BB, making sure to fire off many rounds with each to get a clear idea of the individual performances. Find which BB works best with your needs and your gun's abilities and go with it! This process takes a small investment and possibly a good bit of time, but it's well worth it. Having the right BB for you and your gun can make a serious difference in your game.
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:54 pm

@Zane

Thanks man

But the Matrix .25's say there size is from 5.98mm~6mm
and my tightbore barrel (original barrel) for my G&G GR16 say the inner barrel's size is 6.04mm, then are the BB's to small?
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:54 pm

With the M120 or M110 upgrade, would i need to upgrade my spring guide and other stuff? or should the gun be able to handle it without ware and tear?
this is the gun i want to get the upgrades for -> http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=28321
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:58 pm

For any G&G AR, my advice for a first upgrade would be barrel, bucking, and metal hopup. Very easy to replace, and it should radically improve your range and accuracy when coupled with heavy, high quality BBs.
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Um can Evike put all taht in my gun? or is it simple to install myself?
I tried looking for better barrels but the one on the GR16 R4 was already a 6.04mm TB barrel
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 am

On the G&G GR16 series, all you need to do is pop out the front pin (it doesn't come out all the way, just use a hammer and allen wrench to pound it as far as it will go), slide the upper receiver straight forward off the lower, and pull the hop unit straight back, taking the bucking and barrel with it. Simplest thing in the world. I could do this and put it back together in less than a minute.

I think this model would suit your needs better. Remember that ASGI has free shipping standard on any order over $100, and their 10% off coupon code can be used on top of that. ASGI and Evike are both very close in price and GI has much, much better customer service which is important if anything is damaged (which it's more likely to be damaged if it comes from Evike).

The 6.04 barrel is OK, but I find I need something tighter. I'm also moving up from .23g to .25g BBs, but I may need something even heavier than that. The plastic hopup is also a problem, my friend's hopup broke within a couple weeks. The bucking could be replaced to get an extra few fps and that way you won't have to take apart the stock barrel-bucking-hop assembly; just put together the new 3 parts and swap the entire thing.

Just so I don't understate this: on this gun, replacing the barrel, bucking, and/or hopup is easy. But if you get stuck, YouTube it.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:07 am

6.04mm is standard in most AEGs, they get much much smaller, down to 6.01. Try at least a 6.03 or lower.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:10 am

Omega Lambda wrote:
On the G&G GR16 series, all you need to do is pop out the front pin (it doesn't come out all the way, just use a hammer and allen wrench to pound it as far as it will go), slide the upper receiver straight forward off the lower, and pull the hop unit straight back, taking the bucking and barrel with it. Simplest thing in the world. I could do this and put it back together in less than a minute.

I think this model would suit your needs better. Remember that ASGI has free shipping standard on any order over $100, and their 10% off coupon code can be used on top of that. ASGI and Evike are both very close in price and GI has much, much better customer service which is important if anything is damaged (which it's more likely to be damaged if it comes from Evike).

The 6.04 barrel is OK, but I find I need something tighter. I'm also moving up from .23g to .25g BBs, but I may need something even heavier than that. The plastic hopup is also a problem, my friend's hopup broke within a couple weeks. The bucking could be replaced to get an extra few fps and that way you won't have to take apart the stock barrel-bucking-hop assembly; just put together the new 3 parts and swap the entire thing.

Just so I don't understate this: on this gun, replacing the barrel, bucking, and/or hopup is easy. But if you get stuck, YouTube it.

Go with a 6.03 stainless. A metal hop up isn't a absolute must if your staying within 400 fps and at a reasonable RoF below 25 rps. If you were to get one I would get the prometheus NEO line. They are really nice. And you shouldn't need to replace the bucking either. The soft purple one that goes with the NEO hop up will work fine.
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:36 am

Ok thanks guys....

@Lambda

Is the gun the same thing? internal wise though?
and do you have a battery you would recomend for the crane-stock?

But looks awsome just like i was hoping!
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:40 am

Internally, all of G&G's GR16s are the same. Mine runs quieter, faster, and hotter than my friend's though because he got a 2009 model and I got a 2010 model. You can probably contact the site before you buy to see if what they're listing is the newest model. As far as batteries go, you'll want an 8.4v crane stock battery with the right balance of mAh vs. price for you. And if you don't already have one, you'll need to pick up a smart charger.

It's your lucky day, I found you a better deal on the same gun. This one still comes with the vertical grip and two rail covers, but doesn't come with the cruddy battery, charger, and BBs, thus leaving you an extra $30 towards choosing better ones. As far as which ones to go with, a 3000mAh battery would probably be sufficient, any smart charger will do, and I'd recommend .25g bio BBs from G&G.

That and the barrel Lone Wolf suggested, and maybe a hopup later on if it gives you trouble, and you'll be getting nice, tight groupings at a good range.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:23 am

I have a couple of issues with some of the things being said...8.4v bat..eh at 400fps your going to need a 9.6v or your just going to damage your rifle. (9.6v 1500mah is plenty)

I did a simular upgrade on my SL8 and this is what I did
# Systema m120S Spring
# Area 1000 Cylinder
# Guarder Polycarb Piston
# Polycarb Piston Head with Bearing
# Spring Guide Rod with Bearing

Also don't buy your batterys from the airsoft stores..thier just jacking you on the prices..Ill see if I can find the site I used..the nice thing is if you buy over 100 and you do a review on the product they give you a $50 discount on your next purchase..not sure if thier still doing it tho.
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 am

@Zane

I think i decided to get the M110 upgrade (which is just a spring and steel bushings)
so should i get a new piston and so on with it? or will it be fine?

@Lambda

I looked at the reviews for the guns.... and people had alot more problems witht the gun you just posted than the other one, so i don't really know if its the same guns
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:38 am

eh go ahead and get the new piston..it can only help you
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Zane wrote:
eh go ahead and get the new piston..it can only help you
Only a new piston or should upgrade more? (I just want the gun to perform well, and not break)
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:12 pm

Zane wrote:

# Systema m120S Spring
# Area 1000 Cylinder
# Guarder Polycarb Piston
# Polycarb Piston Head with Bearing
# Spring Guide Rod with Bearing

For best performance thats what I recomend..you fdont have to use the brand names I use but those are the things I recomend you upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event Rules Question...   Event Rules Question... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Event Rules Question...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next