Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

*Important* Misuse of forum

Go down 
+7
slob212
gapairsoft
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Insane Mercc
M14 double-taps
Spl. Durkee
Admin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

*Important* Misuse of forum Empty
PostSubject: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:32 pm

Hello members. I thought I'd make a quick announcement to warn everyone of some recent changes to the forum - not so much physical changes as moderating changes. As you all know Airsoft Forum 2.0 has been growing at a fast rate, and I don't think that it'll be slowing down anytime soon. This means more and more messages are being posted every day by our members (new and old). Unfortunately many of these messages are still breaking forum rules whether it be poor grammar, off-topic conversations, pointless or short posts, or any of our other forum rules.

Please take the time to review our forum rules here:
https://airsoftforum.darkbb.com/site-news-f5/read-before-posting-rules-regulations-t13.htm
https://airsoftforum.darkbb.com/site-news-f5/new-punctuation-grammar-spelling-policy-t292.htm

Due to a lack of time coupled with myself along with the moderators getting sick of constantly having to remind people to fix their posts, we will continue to hand out warnings to members who repeatedly disregard our rules. Things don't have to be perfect, but you have to show you're making real attempts at posting professional, helpful posts. This includes capitalization, full sentences, more than a three word reply, you get the idea. On top of these warnings, as stated in our forum rules, we will be deleting individual posts along with entire threads that do not abide by our rules.

On a similar note, if you're starting a thread, please make sure it has real value for other members (not strictly enforced in the Lounge, however). For example, don't start a thread talking about how great you were at an event. No offense, but most of the other members don't care and it's a waste of web-space.

Earlier today I was on another airsoft forum (to remain unnamed) and the mods/admins almost seemed brutal to their members. It was almost like they didn't care whether their members felt pleased with the forum or not. This is not how I mean to come off to you guys. We're no different than you, we just keep the site running properly and try to prevent it from failing its members. This is not an attack, just a friendly reminder of the rules Cool

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you.

Admin
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:22 pm

Just a question, do you keep track of "strikes" against people? My previous forum got out of hand because the admin/mods were too scared of removing members, even if they were causign problems repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:09 pm

I'm very glad this has been posted. I'm disapponted that it had to be, but it was neccesary. I've been taking it as light as possible with some members who constantly break rules, but now that this is out I feel safe to be a little more concise on dealing with the problems some members are creating. Like ADMIN stated, we try to set ourselves apart from your regular AS forum by being more laid back and understanding, but at the same time getting the job done. Efficiently. But when I see the productivity levels of such a great Forum drop like they have, you bet I'm going to crack down a bit. Here's to AA and all it's members!!

See you all in the threads!!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:29 pm

Ya thats kinda the elephant in the room. Thanks for having the guts to bring it up Zulu. Hopefully we get a response.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Well first off, in ADMINs behalf I'm sorry if he doesn't get to you ASAP- he's VERY busy at the moment, as am I and the other MODS. I've been out of the loop for a bit and missed whatever it was he did. I'll answer your question win a question. Have you seen any posts by him lately? I'm not sure what happened to him but if he's not around here or causing us grief I say we forget it, and move on.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:21 pm

I have seen a few posts in the past week from ncis so hes still around....but I feel he should be either made example of by banning or severly punished by being muted for awhile. of course thats all up to ADMIN but its just my opinion and im not alone on this. jocolor
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Im glad to see that im finnaly on a forum that cares for its members (a while ago I was on an Xbox forum and get banned randomly with no explantion, turns out I miss spelled a couple words). Everyone trys there best to be helpful and make a good point to help others. Im not one to name names. I haven't been on the forum for a while (It was summer guys... what can I say? Cool Very Happy ) But I recently got back and have noticed threads with useless comments and double posts. Im not one to complain and never will just thought i'd bring it up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
gapairsoft
Sergeant
Sergeant
gapairsoft

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:21 pm

well if i do something wrong just PM me, i will try to fix it.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:55 am

Not to turn this into an `` Open ´´ discussion or an ongoing thread,

I would like everyone to know that I personaly do keep track of the problem cases, thank goodness the list is small. Most times our jobs as MODS gets done by the other memebers here, weather it is a small correction, bit of advice, or a friendly tip to be cautious, be that as it may, there are always those few individuals that feel it is proper to abuse the good will and intentions of others, to attempt to push the boundries of tollerance or just downright make an ass of themselves at the expense of others.

I would like to take this time to Openly and before the entire Forum membership ask ADMIN to increase the MOD Capabilities to include Temporary or Permenant Banning of the few individuals that can´t seem to conform to the Norms of this Forum.

Personaly I would like to see this capability be given to all MODS here, how it is used could and would be discussed per PM, but I think that a Majority Rules would work just fine and ADMIN could be the final decider in the case of a Tie.

@The duel sex, and up until now, the only Transvestite Airsoft Player that I know of, Changing your name, Profile Picture and sex does not hide who you really are, you know who you are and the only reason I am not stating it know, is to give you the chance to be a man and correct the problem. This Forum is extremly tolerant, sometimes almost to the point of being a kindergarten, and we like it that way ( Most of the time ), but there are limits.
Back to top Go down
june1
Private
Private

PostSubject: my   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:32 am

good post cheers
Back to top Go down
http://iresearchpapers.com/
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:48 pm

June-
Hi, welcome to AA! If you haven\'t done so, please post an introduction in the intrioduce yourself section.
Just to let you know, this thread is about two years old, so theres really no point in posting here.
When you wish to contribute to a topic, make sure ots not a Sticky (permanent threads at the top of each section) amd thats. Its not out dated. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:55 pm

M14 double-taps wrote:
June-
Hi, welcome to AA! If you haven\'t done so, please post an introduction in the intrioduce yourself section.
Just to let you know, this thread is about two years old, so theres really no point in posting here.
When you wish to contribute to a topic, make sure ots not a Sticky (permanent threads at the top of each section) amd thats. Its not out dated. Thanks!!
...or I will find you.
Back to top Go down
june1
Private
Private

PostSubject: my   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:10 am

good post cheers
Back to top Go down
http://iresearchpapers.com/
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Dude I'm going to find you and unplug you.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:12 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Dude I'm going to find you and unplug you.

too late, i already found him, his decapitated head is sitting right next to me.

good post Very Happy
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Banned that dicktip.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:15 pm

M14 double-taps wrote:
Banned that dicktip.
The proper term for the tip of the penis is "Glans".

This has been a lesson in male anatomy, brought to you by Spl. Durkee.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:21 pm

good post cheers

LOL I like how all this is going on in the "misuse of forum" threat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Important* Misuse of forum   *Important* Misuse of forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Important* Misuse of forum
Page 1 of 1