Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun?

Go down 
+2
Alabama_Sniper
AssultPwner
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun? Empty
PostSubject: is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun?   is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:50 pm

well i have always judged a gun by it's fps, if its metal, and of course, the price. are these the main things to look for?
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun?   is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:55 pm

Well actually there are more . The basic things to look for in a airsoft gun should be fps , accuracy , durability , and price . But thats just what I look for . All airsofters look for something different really so it just depends . But yeah most of the time those are most of the things that I look for . But again thats just me .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun?   is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:15 pm

What I like to do before I get a gun is, look at a few things

FPS, Construction, Accuracy, possible upgrades, and future spendings with it.

For example, I always look to see if its made of either plastic or metal, i like to know what the fps is for the occasion, how far does it shoot, if i can upgrade it, and how much will a good scope/mags cost me.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun?   is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:23 pm

I look for name brands. I compare FPS against price, ie if a gun costs $100 and supposedly shoots 450FPS I am going to pass on that gun and probably the site too. I also try to look past the whole "full metal" and try to look for a gun with good internal construction as well as good external construction. If I can't find that I go for a good balance with the style of gun that I like.

I am pretty fortunate when it comes to choosing new guns, as I get to handle and shoot allot of different guns. For example I recently chose to purchase an echo 1 MTC, its a g36C with a new magwell and M4 stock. It takes what I hate most about the G36 series and changes it. Had I not had the privilege of upgrading and shooting a CA G36 before I got my new gun I probably would have gone with the normal G36C. IMO the gun thats best for you is the gun that feels the best and can meet your standards as far as performance goes. Ie, I wouldn't advise you get an Mp5 if you want to play as your squads DM. I also wouldn't advise you use a full length G3 if you plan on doing CQB work(in a MOUT or even in the normal tight spaces of woodland/desert). You primary should fit your style of play. Personally I still haven't fully become accustomed to a smaller CQC style weapon, sure I can use it but its a different style of play that I am still working on.

Basically just choose the gun that fits your style of play best/looks the best. Some guns internally can outperform others but unless you already know the difference it wont matter. I would look for guns with FPS of 350 or lower and a nice brand name to start out with.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun?   is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 6:41 am

To add a little to the above posts things to do before buying a gun,

Narrow down the field of what it is that you want, we can't own all the AS Gun models on the market´( even tho some of us try ) Wink .

Do the research on the gun that you want, Example G36C, But from WHO ?
TM, CA, Echo 1, VFC, STAR, JG and so on......

First decide which maker fits into your Budget,
Decide what role you are going to be using the gun for, VSR for Assault, mmmmm NOT !!!
Visit other Forums, read their reviews on the makes and model you are looking for, don´t trust `` Buyer Comments ´´ from Dealers.
Spare and Replacement part availability, some makes and models on the market, have almost no replacement or spare parts available, so if you choose wrong and your gun breaks, you are going to be buying another, paying twice for 1 mistake.

FPS is not the deciding factor when Purchasing a gun, just a small part of the decision making process.
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun?   is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:00 pm

ok thanx that really helps.
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun?   is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:31 pm

i look for QUALITY I hated my A&K M4 S-System which was really cheap plastic and not well put together and it doesn't matter if it's metal if its a durable plastic it's fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun?   is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is the fps one of the most important things when looking for a gun?
Page 1 of 1