Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns

Go down 
+5
alexkmmll
Spl. Durkee
ROTCkid
SnoSnipe
DrummerBoyz95
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Empty
PostSubject: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:13 am

http://www.examiner.com/x-1417-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m3d9-Why-is-ATF-ducking-questions-about-toy-gun-seizure
Read the article and watch the video.

That is soooooooooooo stupid. The reporter states the ATF agent said a machine gun is "something that can fire multiple rounds"..... What the f***... Any far-from-decent gun should be able to shoot more than one round in its lifetime. Heck, a slingshot can fire multiple projectiles. Is that a machine gun? She didn't say anything about caliber, fully automatic capabilities, rate of fire... Just wow.

Apparently the "legal" definition of a rifle is a weapon made to be fired from the shoulder and fires a single round with a single trigger pull... So if you have one of those full-stock Lugers people have been chatting about, is that a rifle? Once you fire it in automatic it's "legally" a machine gun? That's stupid.

EDIT: From another KOIN6Local article,
Quote :
The ATF plans to destroy the entire $12,000 shipment.
Mad Mad Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sources
http://www.examiner.com/x-1417-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m3d9-Why-is-ATF-ducking-questions-about-toy-gun-seizure
http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local/story/ATF-toy-gun-seizure-was-it-justified/o95XLGPuqEaEHV30WwlAMQ.cspx

Since these guys are going to lose $12,000, I suggest you support their store at http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 am

What the "Watch your language" is wrong with them? This seriously makes me angry.
Back to top Go down
ROTCkid
Corporal
Corporal
ROTCkid

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:45 am

wow, really, so those electric nerf guns that fire multiple rounds is a machine gun? smart move ATF.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:54 am

The good thing is that the media seems to be on our side.
The articles kinda showed a bitterness and refered to alot of ATF's actions in satirical ways. Hopefully that will help our cause a bit.

Great suggestion, Drummer. I'm sure every member of this forum would be open to signing a petition, getting involved, or just supporting that store because of unjustified actions.

This has already gotten personal for me, as the ATF seized my AIRSOFT REPLICA while it was LEGALLY SHIPPED from my location to New Mexico. Nearly cost me $100 and could have resulted in legal action taken by the [supposed to be recieving] party.

As these stories hit the headlines more and more, now more than ever we need to step up our game. From this point on, I see no excuse for making our sport look bad. (IE: Refering to it as "war" or "battle" or using terms like "weapon"...sharing stories about outlaw airsofting or injuries...etc....). I think our forum needs to do its part. Sign all the petitions you can get your hands on. Watch your tongues. Help the newbies learn propper airsoft.
And just plan R-E-P-R-E-S-E-N-T!!!

As a writer for a magazine that reaches a few thousand people, I'm FOR SURE going to write something about this...because our side needs to be heard. Gotta gives props to the Examiner and David Codrea for at least making an attempt.

I understand they're doing their jobs...but come on. Its plastic or low quality metal. Has an orange tip. OBVIOUSLY does not have a propper firearm action....so once you figure that out, send it on its way!!!

I can bet that there are going to be alot more seizures in the near future. It'll be the ATF's way of trying to get out of looking like fools. They're gunna try and send a message that "they'll stand by their previous actions and continue their same methods."

Want to share this comment on one of the articles:
RightWingGal says:
Quote :
Why stop with toy guns? You know, a metal pipe can be "easily" and with "minimal work" converted into a pipe bomb, so I guess all of the hardware stores and plumbing companies should expect to be raided next.

And then there's the alternate use of fertilizer...you know, like Timothy McVeigh used it. (Remember, McVeigh's the military veteran that apparently makes the government suspect all veterans as being potential terrorists.) I guess the lawn and garden stores and landscaping companies will be on the ATF's hit list as well.

And, oh, don't forget glass bottles. They can be used for Molotov cocktails. So the bottle companies will be next on the list...and then the gasoline companies, because gasoline can be used to make those Molotov cocktails as well. And then there's the cloth to stick in the end of the gas-filled bottles...add textile companies to the list.

Play hard. Play often. Play safe.

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:07 am

This is just stupid. Im going to be sending a report into my Cities paper and seeing if they will publish it... I just can't stand this... "They Can be easily Converted into real firearms" Bull S**t... No airsoft gun could ever be Converted into a real firearm... Just not the right parts... This is oviously everywhere and the ATF seem to be in a bit of trouble, so I think we should just get the word out, do everything we need to to get the Public on our side, and watch the ATF crash and burn...
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:15 am

Screw the ATF.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:26 am

@Chris
PLEASE write an article on this. May the call for justice echo to the ends of the Earth.

+1 to SnoSnipe, ROTCkid, durkee, RightWingGal, Alex, iliveforthis99, the writers and reporters of the articles and video, the staff at Airsoft Outlet NW, and all the others who have their back.
Back to top Go down
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:34 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
@Chris
+1 to SnoSnipe, ROTCkid, durkee, RightWingGal, Alex, iliveforthis99, the writers and reporters of the articles and video, the staff at Airsoft Outlet NW, and all the others who have their back.

AKA +1 to everyone but the f-ing ATF... Mad

I'm going to sleeps now. Goodbye AA! Sleep
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:38 am

I just sent an E-Mail to the State-Journal... States newspaper... Sports section, I thought that would a a fitting place for that... It was a pretty convincing letter, hopefully they will publish the story...
Back to top Go down
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:12 am

alexkmmll wrote:
I just sent an E-Mail to the State-Journal... States newspaper... Sports section, I thought that would a a fitting place for that... It was a pretty convincing letter, hopefully they will publish the story...

Tell us if they do! When do you think you'll know if they published it?
Back to top Go down
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:12 pm

Just a little tidbit of info here. I was playing the other day and was then walking home (in plain clothes), with my pistol in a holster INSIDE a gun bag, which was inside a backpack, and i was also carrying my L96 in a gun-bag. A bicycle cop (lmao) stopped me and for no apparent reason asked to see what was in my gunbag (no clue why). I coopereated, told him that i was just coming home from, an airsoft GAME and he said, and i qoute

"I like seeing your WEAPON in a gun bag, most people don't have the common sense. Did you hear about the ATF seizing the replica shipment worth 12000 dollars? I think they made a major mistake on that one."

I realize that the popo have nothing to do with the siezing of the shipment (at least my local PD) and found it interesting that the police were criticizing the ATF. (The cop went on to call them dumb@$$'s and then left)
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:53 pm

That's awesome. It's great when the police act like that.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:46 pm

br55ftw wrote:
alexkmmll wrote:

Tell us if they do! When do you think you'll know if they published it?

Soon I hope, I sent it at like 12 last night though so... Ill go check my email but otherwise it might be a few days...
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Undertaker wrote:
Just a little tidbit of info here. I was playing the other day and was then walking home (in plain clothes), with my pistol in a holster INSIDE a gun bag, which was inside a backpack, and i was also carrying my L96 in a gun-bag. A bicycle cop (lmao) stopped me and for no apparent reason asked to see what was in my gunbag (no clue why). I coopereated, told him that i was just coming home from, an airsoft GAME and he said, and i qoute

"I like seeing your WEAPON in a gun bag, most people don't have the common sense. Did you hear about the ATF seizing the replica shipment worth 12000 dollars? I think they made a major mistake on that one."

I realize that the popo have nothing to do with the siezing of the shipment (at least my local PD) and found it interesting that the police were criticizing the ATF. (The cop went on to call them dumb@$$'s and then left)

See, that's why I LIKE the police. Most of them are good-hearted and know what they're doing. And it's also friggin' wonderful to hear that even cops think they messed up.
Back to top Go down
SCcrusaders
Private
Private
SCcrusaders

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Okay How is the H*** can the ATF think that airsoft guns can be used as real guns?!?!?! I mean the only bullet that could POSSIBLY fit is a small .22 round! Maybe even smaller ones!!! BUT THOSE CAN ONLY KILL A SQUIREL AND ONLY HURT ANYTHING BIGGER! The only arguement that the ATF have is that the guns COULD be gutted and have REAL parts put into them buy why in the h*** would u destroy a real gun and put it in an airsoft gun when the only diff between a gutted airsoft gun and a gutted real gun is the orange nozzle!

The ATF just want to be put in the news so they can say "look at us. We are big n bad and if u even think about doing this to airsoft guns we will be on your ass quicker then a heartbeat."... They are just doing this to flex their dang power...

Its BS but... From what ive scene on other Forums is that more people (non-airsofters) want to airsoft now so thats a big plus! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns   Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on ATF-seized airsoft guns
Page 1 of 1