Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

choosing a sniper rifle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Accordion man
Corporal
Corporal
Accordion man

choosing a sniper rifle Empty
PostSubject: choosing a sniper rifle   choosing a sniper rifle Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:27 am

hello, this is Accordion Man.

I've been looking at airsoft sniper rifles lately and I've decided I want to see if I have what it takes to be a sniper.

so I was thinking of either the:
JG BAR 10, as it has good FPS and is also upgradeable (Note: I have never upgraded before but if I get a gun that is easy to upgrade such as this one I might try my hand at it.)
I was also thinking of getting, please don't laugh at me, a Barrett M99, which means if I decide I'm not a good sniper I could just mount on my wall.
I've also been looking at a L96 (sorry not sure which manufacturer)

By the way, just to clarify evike would probably be where I would get the Barrett and Airsoft Megastore probably the BAR 10, I'm sorry if this isn't the place for it but are these good quality sources?
I have already ordered a gun from Airsoft Megastore and its very nice...

well I guess I'll see you later...Cyberspace Style!
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: choosing a sniper rifle   choosing a sniper rifle Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:06 am

Alright...multi-part question requires a multi-part answer...

Accordion man wrote:
JG BAR 10, as it has good FPS and is also upgradeable (Note: I have never upgraded before but if I get a gun that is easy to upgrade such as this one I might try my hand at it.)
If you an get your hands on one...get it. They are quickly going off the market and they will soon be gone forever. The Bar-10 is THE go-to-gun.

Accordion man wrote:

I was also thinking of getting, please don't laugh at me, a Barrett M99, which means if I decide I'm not a good sniper I could just mount on my wall.
Cool gun...stupifyingly heavy. You said you're a younger lad, so that will not work for you. Quality is lacking, also. Just not a good choice.

Accordion man wrote:

I've also been looking at a L96 (sorry not sure which manufacturer)
I've heard great things about the UTG L96...may want to check that out if you can't find a Bar-10.

Accordion man wrote:
By the way, just to clarify evike would probably be where I would get the Barrett and Airsoft Megastore probably the BAR 10, I'm sorry if this isn't the place for it but are these good quality sources?
Yes, I place Evike at #2 on my list of quality sites. Right behind Airsoft GI. haven't heard many good things about Airsoft Megastore...I try and stay away from anything that has "superstore" or "megastore" or "warehouse" in the title. But if they treated you right, go ahead and post a review of them in the "Online Store Reviews" section.

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: choosing a sniper rifle   choosing a sniper rifle Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 am

Get a BAR-10 or a UTG L96. Do not get the Barrett M99. It is bad quality, and will not last you long. It also does not look good enough for a wall decoration in my opinion. I owned a UTG L96, and it was great!
Back to top Go down
Accordion man
Corporal
Corporal
Accordion man

PostSubject: Re: choosing a sniper rifle   choosing a sniper rifle Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:58 pm

well I'm currently looking for a BAR 10 and I can Pre-Order from Evike so maybe I'll get that.
If not maybe the UTG L96 as it can be uprgaded as well I heard
Back to top Go down
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: choosing a sniper rifle   choosing a sniper rifle Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:43 pm

You might also look into the WELL l96. That is my primary, with my G&G EXTREME .45 as my backup. hehe i sell hard!
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: choosing a sniper rifle   choosing a sniper rifle Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:56 pm

the G&G Extreame 45 sucks IMHO...

get a JG BAR10 (proud owner of an upgraded one...300ft head shots FTW)

OR

A TSD L96. the UTG is a hit or miss (quality wise, no pun intended) but the TSD's are great. they take 99% of Type 96 upgrades.

PS: if you upgrade go PDI! their parts are the best. Also, if you need any help PM me. i would also be willing to put the upgrades in for you, for a price of course.....PM me if you need ANYTHING on sniper rifles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: choosing a sniper rifle   choosing a sniper rifle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

choosing a sniper rifle
Page 1 of 1