Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?

Go down 
+2
Seabass_9000
Ace
6 posters

Which do you prefer?
Iron Sights
Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Vote_lcap6%Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Scope
Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Vote_lcap76%Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Vote_rcap
 76% [ 13 ]
Red/Green Dot
Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Vote_lcap12%Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Holosight
Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Vote_lcap6%Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Laser Sight
Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Vote_lcap0%Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:36 pm

Thought I would see what everyone prefers.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 1:01 pm

In my opinion, it really depends on your role. I have an M14 that is sort of a DMR setup and has a scope on it, which works great for a marksman style rifle. It also helps you spot enemies from longer range. My CA36c has a red/green dot on it and it is perfect for anything within 40-50yards. Easy to get it on targets quick and is extremely accurate. Then my AK has a hollow sight, which works awesome for close range stuff. Also with it being more "open" it allows you to see around it quite nicely and you have more periphreal vision. So it is extremely easy to get quick accurate shots off with.

Out of the 3 I own, I would say the most versatile is the red/green dot, but the other 2 are great for what they are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 1:41 pm

i would say scope because unless your working in a CQC environment(MOUNT excluded) you WILL benefit from a zoom of some sort. im not saying that everyone has to have a 3-9X scope on their gun, but a normal rifleman will benefit from something like an ACOG, or a magnifier. in Iraq Marines were getting so many head shots that an investigative team was called in to see if they were executing hostages, the team found that they were not but instead the ACOG Battle sight that they used on top of their M4/M16 rifles allowed them to hit the only body part that an insurgent usually shows, their heads.

just what i think

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 5:45 pm

^^^^^^Wow thats awesome and mean to think its awesome at the same time...

IRT:

Sniping obviously uses a scope, but on a mp5 i would use either iron sights or just blind fire Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Man I am getting outnumbered big time here. I guess I must be surrounded by sniper's or DMR's. Very Happy

Sticks did you see the thing about the head hits/investigation on the Military Channel? I saw it on there the other day, that is why I am asking. Love the Military Channel. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Ye i saw it Smile
Military channel FTW!

did you see top sniper on the military channel.... i think its been on 2-3 times.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:18 pm

Yeah actually I did catch it a couple of times. Very cool... for some reason I just love when they bust out the .50 cal Barrett. I wish there was an airsoft version that cost about $300 and didnt weigh more than 10 lbs. (which would make it nothing like a real Barrett Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:03 pm

gotta say it depends on your role... I really liked using the one scope I did use, it worked well meaning you knew it would hit what you were looking at.
I have to say though, even when I had the scope I found my self point shooting. I think it is a very functional part of any soldiers tactics, and rightfully so. If you are approached with a quick decision, the last thing you want to do is take the time to aim through a schope, or any sights for that matter. In a situation requiring a quick shot I tend to rely on point shooting... in ANY situation where I can aim without risking getting shot at, I will.
Please note this in my opinion, not really backed by any facts. Actually, this could explain why I get shot some much instead of shooting other people. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:51 pm

It really would depend on what your style / weapon is. I think if you are using a 300-350fps AEG you probably dont want a scope on it, but if you have one shooting 450fps + then it may be the best option. As far as bolt actions go, I would think most of them should have scopes due to the accuracy being more important for longer range shots.
Back to top Go down
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:23 am

Whats a Holosight?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 2:41 pm

its a red dot that instead of having a closed tube (like a reddot does) it has an open one, which in turn enables it to operate without a battery. Some say it also provides a better system for the 2 eye method (2 eyes open instead of just one). if they weren't so ugly on 90% of the armalites out there i would of had one... they look good on AK's, well better than most red dots.

if you have no idea what i just said its the red dot from COD4 when you customize your guns online.

sticks
Back to top Go down
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 6:38 pm

thanks! oh, i thought thoughs were called Reflex scopes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?   Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which aiming/targeting device do you prefer?
Page 1 of 1