Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

You are being attacked in a dark alley...

Go down 
+11
Creed769
AFU
Reaper
Omega Lambda
white wolf
DrummerBoyz95
Zane
Jarhead999 76 65
iliveforthis99
Spl. Durkee
Insane Mercc
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AFU
AFU

You are being attacked in a dark alley... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You are being attacked in a dark alley...   You are being attacked in a dark alley... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:34 pm

I beg to differ. Yeah, it's true that a lot of Martial Arts moves are too complicated to preform in a fight the same way you do during practice. But years of practice can give you the reflexes to perform a lot of the proper techniques during a fight.

One of my friends got in a fight with a black belt once and guess who won. I guarantee you my friend didn't fight fair, but he lost anyway. And a lot of Martial Arts classes don't need to be belt factories. In the class I am taking, when it is time for a test, you pass based on knowing the Material. If you don't pass, you still owe the testing fees. Therefore a belt factory would benefit more from not passing you, so that you have to pay for the same test various times.

Muay Thai would be a very good Martial arts to use for a fight, add some striking classes and some grappling classes. The UFC has proven that it is effective. Also, the Gracie family has proven that Brazilian Jui Jutsu is more effective in a fight than karate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: You are being attacked in a dark alley...   You are being attacked in a dark alley... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:09 pm

In a simple street fight simple blocking and deflection moves would do good as a defense and you could also throw in a punch or elbow or even just lock up there legs and trip them then run......but lets get back on topic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: You are being attacked in a dark alley...   You are being attacked in a dark alley... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:31 am

i am a pretty big person and am only bit on the heavy side. so i think i could put up a decent fight seeing im broad and grew up wrestling with older brothers. but the best back up person i could think of would be steven seagal because he is just bad-a
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: You are being attacked in a dark alley...   You are being attacked in a dark alley... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:04 am

I think there should be some more background on this scenario. How many people are attacking us? Are they armed? Is there an escape route? How close are they when we perceive them as an immediate threat? Why are they attacking us? Do they appear to be on any kind of drug? Are they threatening anyone besides myself and my wingman?

I just started a Karate class today, and from what I can tell it's going to be mostly practical blocks, strikes, and counters. Along with that comes the inevitable strength/flexibility/discipline building exercises. I'm taking this as a college PE class, so it will be a somewhat different experience than what most martial arts students get.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: You are being attacked in a dark alley...   You are being attacked in a dark alley... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:00 am

Mhm I think I still disagree with you there...of course let me point out i am mainly refering to tae kwan do here...better known as toy kwon do. I had a fight with some dude doing this once..he tried to kick me, grapped his foot- dumped him on the ground and laughed at him. Suposedly he was a 2nd dan black.

Agian i supose I should have clarified that i was mainly refering to toy kwon do here..they pop up all over the place, and while im sure there are some good ones most or junk. (For fighitng, for the discipline and the chance to majorly increase flexibility they are excellent)
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: You are being attacked in a dark alley...   You are being attacked in a dark alley... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:05 pm

The trick to finding any good karate class is to find a teacher who is passionate about the style.

It doesn't matter if he is your best friend, or if he hates your guts. If he is passionate about karate, any style, he will teach you CORRECTLY. This is because his goal is not to make money off you, it's not to be your friend. It is simply to teach you karate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You are being attacked in a dark alley...   You are being attacked in a dark alley... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You are being attacked in a dark alley...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2