Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Sony Handycam into web cam...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

Sony Handycam into web cam... Empty
PostSubject: Sony Handycam into web cam...   Sony Handycam into web cam... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:58 am

i was woundering if there was a program the would let me use this camera as a webcam when plugged into a computer. if so that would allow our airsoft web show to be in better quality. we currently use an older Sony handycam as a web cam but can't figure this one out.

thanks for your support
kkoerber study
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Sony Handycam into web cam...   Sony Handycam into web cam... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:37 am

Heres an article that may help you...

http://chris.pirillo.com/how-to-use-a-camcorder-as-a-webcam/

From what it sounds like you need a driver software of somekind for it.
You're on a Mac, correct?
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Sony Handycam into web cam...   Sony Handycam into web cam... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 6:37 pm

we have access to both so it doesnt matter if its mac or pc
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Sony Handycam into web cam...   Sony Handycam into web cam... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Do you still have the software that came with the camera? Install that.
Then plug it into your computer and go!

Make sure you enable "pictbridge" once you connect it. Then switch back to the recording mode.
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Sony Handycam into web cam...   Sony Handycam into web cam... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:40 pm

its not that simple. we installed the software but when i plug it in all it ask for is if we want to see the memory card or the built in memory. i don't know what pictbridge is
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Sony Handycam into web cam...   Sony Handycam into web cam... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:47 pm

Oh duh, load a USB driver...
http://download.css.ap.sony.com/downloads/electronics/SW/USBDRVEN.EXE

^^^
Thats the one that was recommended in this

You could also buy the 1394 Fire Wire and the Fire Wire PCI Card for about $32 each...
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Sony Handycam into web cam...   Sony Handycam into web cam... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:14 am

i will try it but i already have the drivers the camera came with on the computer. and i can already access the pictures and videos. im just looking for the live feed, but i don't think that this camera has that kind of capabilities
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Sony Handycam into web cam...   Sony Handycam into web cam... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:38 am

kkoerber wrote:
i will try it but i already have the drivers the camera came with on the computer. and i can already access the pictures and videos. im just looking for the live feed, but i don't think that this camera has that kind of capabilities

It does. Alot of people on Ustream use Handycams...quite sure you can with yours too.
And I've seen alot of forum discussions on it while searching for that driver that I posted above.

Dunno though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Handycam into web cam...   Sony Handycam into web cam... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Handycam into web cam...
Page 1 of 1