Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Need a better rifle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nova
Private
Private

Need a better rifle Empty
PostSubject: Need a better rifle   Need a better rifle Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi, I'm new to these forums and was wondering if I could get some advice on a new sniper rifle. Yes I know it's hard to give advice on what kind of gun to get, so I will try to provide as much detail as possible.

I currently have an AGM VSR10. I first bought it because it was cheap (only $60), and because it had a high fps. I went around to different websites reading and watching reviews, and overall it seemed like a pretty solid gun. Now that I actually have it, I would say it has held up to the standard of most of those reviews. My main problem with it is it's accuracy. Yeah, the fps is nice, but I can't seem to get an accurate shot past about 25-30 yards (I'm not the best and estimating distances btw) or so (I'm using .25g bb's). Another one of my concerns is the noise. I'm able to get into a good position often, but too many times I've had to spend too much time adjusting because it doesn't have a reliable enough range, and as soon as I take a shot I give off my position. And then there is the defect with the loose cocking handle/bolt, but that doesn't actually affect performance. I'm assuming that's what I get for paying $60 lol.

So basically what I'm looking for is a relatively quiet sniper with some decent range (preferably at least 40 yards or more). My budget is somewhat limited, as I have money but wouldn't like to go spending all of it on a single rifle. Oh and I already have a nice scope (3x9x40 leapers), so really all I need is a solid rifle.

Now, onto the conditions in which I airsoft. I play up on a hill with a mediocre amount of cover (say a tree or two every 10-15 yards) yet this frequency can vary over a small amount of space; there's all kinds of terrain where I airsoft. I will on average get a clear line of sight anywhere from 40-100 feet, the average of that being about 50 (this is taking into consideration that I am set up where I want to be). As for the level of noise, this hill is right by a freeway, only about 100 yards away. When I move around I do have something to mask my steps, as the ground is usually covered in dead leaves. So for the sniper I don't need something dead quiet, but quiet enough so it cannot be heard over a lot of cars. My friend has a WELL MB03 which I like the level of volume of, so I'm looking for something around that.

Lastly, when I play we generally have a group of 6-10 guys, and we set up even team matches. So I'm usually going up against 3-5 guys, at a usually range of about 40-65 feet on average. I just thought I'd throw that in there if it helps any.

Sorry for all the writing, but I figured when asking for advice the more circumstancial detail the better. If there is anything else that would be useful to list, let me know and I can add it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Need a better rifle   Need a better rifle Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Very common rifle, the L96.
You can get great deals on these, as just about every company makes them Laughing Some even come with scopes.
It's very quiet. If you're looking for a quiet sniper rifle, this is the one.
It's a real hard shooter, and accuracy can be pin-point with enough work.
If I'm not mistaken, the L96 is the same thing as a WELL MB03 except just made by a different company.

Welcome to our forums, Hope you're here to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Need a better rifle   Need a better rifle Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:24 pm

JG BAR10. > L96

It's much less bulky. i have owned both (currently have the upgraded VSR) and love it much more.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Need a better rifle   Need a better rifle Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:54 pm

How quiet is the JG BAR10? And do you think you could link me to both snipers from reliable sites so I could take a look at them?
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Need a better rifle   Need a better rifle Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:28 am

It's pretty "Watch your language" quiet, but I used to have a UTG L96. IT IS SILENT. I am dead serious. It makes no noise at all (exaggerated)! It never broke, but i eventually sold it because I lost interest in sniping (because it's boring if you do it right)
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Need a better rifle   Need a better rifle Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:40 am

SnoSnipe wrote:
It's pretty "Watch your language" quiet, but I used to have a UTG L96. IT IS SILENT. I am dead serious. It makes no noise at all (exaggerated)! It never broke, but i eventually sold it because I lost interest in sniping (because it's boring if you do it right)
That's why I suggested it, it really is silent.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Nova
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Need a better rifle   Need a better rifle Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:35 pm

What's a reliable website to buy the UTG L96 from? I bought my last gun from airsplat but I know there is tons of other sites out there that may be better/cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

PostSubject: Re: Need a better rifle   Need a better rifle Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a better rifle   Need a better rifle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a better rifle
Page 1 of 1