Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Looking for new rifle/smg

Go down 
+2
SnoSnipe
Sgt. Pepper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

Looking for new rifle/smg Empty
PostSubject: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:36 pm

For a while now, i have been considering upgrading from my rather modest current load out. To start off, i have been trying to find a good rifle for around $120-$150. I would appreciate any suggestions that you might have.
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 pm

Get $50 more, and buy my tokyo marui MP7
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:34 pm

All of the following are my personal suggestions. All are from reputable companies and are decent replicas.

Whether you'll want a shorter or longer gun is dependent on your playing area/style.

If you play in close quarters go for the JG MP5 SD6 or similar gun. Several other variations of the MP5 available on JG's lineup too. Also check out this little number. Really nice gun by CYMA.

If you play in medium engagement distances or in a mix of open field and close quarters, these are good:
CYMA AKS-47 (or any other CYMA or DBOYS AK)
or
Combat Machine M4 - great platform, also comes in tan. These and pretty much any other JG, Echo 1, CM, DBOY, etc M4 or M16 will fill this role nicely.
or
JG G36C / G36K.

If you play mainly in a large open field with a lot of space and not too much tight spaces, you might want a longer gun like the CYMA M14, available in OD green, black, and faux wood. Or the shorter SOCOM version if you'd like a shorter gun.

Of course all of these are simply examples; there are hundreds of different styles of airsoft guns out there and I'd recommend researching all of your options before you make a purchase. As much as I'd like to list them all it's not possible.

Out of all the replicas I listed, my personal top choice would probably be the Combat Machine M4 simply because it is the most customizable, effective, durable, and simple replica in your price range. The AR15 is probably the best platform to build on because you can put almost anything on it. Rail systems, stocks, grips, metal body, optics, accessories, paint, etc will make yours unique. Some people dislike and avoid M4/M16 airsoft guns only because everyone and their mother has one. Its popularity obviously speaks for its ability.

Oh and one more thing. I only used Airsoft GI's catalog because it's the simplest one to navigate. Other sites will sell have items in stock, sell at a lower price (Weapon Blender), etc.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:41 pm

SnoSnipe wrote:
Get $50 more, and buy my tokyo marui MP7

i have enough for it, im just not looking to spend too much right now.
Especially considering how much use im realistically going to get out of it.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:44 pm

and that combat machine m4 looks like it would be nice, except for the fact that the reciever is plastic. I also think that m4s are used by waayyy too many airsofters.
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Nobody uses an MP7 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 pm

I've been looking at this for a while. Would that be a good choice?

I've also had this one in mind for quite a while. Found it a long time ago...
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:58 pm

The combat machine receiver is not ABS plastic, its some polymer thats sturdier and just feels nicer. If you want an Ak, go with the ones drummer suggested, CYMA beats JG in my book.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:05 pm

well im not specifically looking for an ak. Itd be nice to have something with a long barrel and a little more weight to it, like this.
But of course, just like every other halfway-decent gun on that site; its out of stock...
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:30 am

...Dude.. That has a plastic receiver too. The funny thing? THE PLASTIC IS WAY SHITTIER THAN COMBAT MACHINE POLYMER. Smile

Believe me.... Combat Machine receivers will be the sturdiest "plastic" you've seen on an airsoft gun. Yeah, they flex a little. That doesn't mean they will break.

I find it silly when you say that M4s are over-popular and then you go looking at M16s Very Happy But honestly the CM M4 is amazing. It has 5/5 star reviews. And it's in stock. Buuuuuuuuut whatever
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:12 am

well hey, you don\'t see as many people with m16s as you do with m4s...
and i kinda figured there would be something wrong with the gun i picked... there always is...
Thats why i came here. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:19 am

the thing is, i just don\'t wanna spend too much because the nearest airsoft place is around 2 hours away from my house, and is only open for airsoft on sundays...
But i also don\'t wanna end up buying a piece of crap...
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 am

Well the best thing you get cheap would be a CM.028, with freeshipping and 10%off from ASGI then it comes $100 flat then all you need are some bbs.
Back to top Go down
russki308
Private
Private
russki308

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:19 pm

anyone have a sniper rifle that they would:
1)be willing to sell
2)has all of its parts intact
3)still works
4)the person would be willing to pay S&H?

especially if the "someone" has decided to change their class and weapon loadout, and they just need to stop looking at the "eyesore that cost them the game" in their closet.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:59 pm

ok, well, im still rather undecided on this matter. Though i have started to seriously consider the combat machine m4. I also am thinking about this, but if im right, someone is going to end up telling me everything wrong with that gun and i'll end up dissapointed once more...
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Between the two, the combat machine will outperform and outlast.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:17 pm

the only issue i have with the combat machine is that m4's are so very common... Though i may very well end up choosing it when i finally decide to get a new one. My main concern is that i don\'t want to spend too much money, because the nearest paintball place that allows airsoft is over 2 hours away, and only open for walk-in airsofting on sundays...
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
the only issue i have with the combat machine is that m4's are so very common... Though i may very well end up choosing it when i finally decide to get a new one. My main concern is that i don't want to spend too much money, because the nearest paintball place that allows airsoft is over 2 hours away, and only open for walk-in airsofting on sundays...
Well the upside to an M4 being so common is the readily available and constantly growing part, accessory, and mod market...plus magazine compatibility with other M4/16 users.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Do you have any specific reccomendations for which magazines to use the combat machine m4?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
Do you have any specific reccomendations for which magazines to use the combat machine m4?
I personally use all MAG brand magazines...work great for me.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:46 pm

another thing is that the gun does not come with a battery, or a charger, and adding a battery and smart charger to that package is going to run me $200...
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Just warning you, DO NOT buy off airrattle. Also I run 6-100 rd MAG mids a game in my combat machine
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:04 pm

what kind of battery would you reccomend for it?
oh yea, and MAG m4/m16 magazines have a 1 star rating on airsoft gi...
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:03 pm

These are the mags I use. Personally, I don\'t mind a not so great rate of fire, and even with an 8.4, its decent, so I use an 8.4v 1600mah mini that will easily last a full day at the field (for a budget its also cheaper). But if you want a little more firepower (and are willing to spend a little more), this is also a good battery, plus itll fit in a crane stock if you ever wire it to rear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new rifle/smg   Looking for new rifle/smg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for new rifle/smg
Page 1 of 1