Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

tips for a newb

Go down 
+4
bboy.snow
white wolf
Insane Mercc
A. sniper
8 posters
AuthorMessage
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:50 pm

any tips for a sniper newb? one thing I really want to know is, should I use a gun rag or paint my gun?
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 3:03 am

For a new player.....gun rag all the way...
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:32 am

gun rag

I paint many guns, and the first dozen come out looking too bright, too dark, or too hard of colors

I'd get one of the gun camo netting things..... if I can find one I'll post a link
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:26 am

If you can get your hands on some burlap it works just and good as a speacial camo rag....also they make Camo Burlap!
Back to top Go down
bboy.snow
Private
Private

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:27 am

for a newb...... gun rag..
because if you paint your gun you will probally not be happy with it when your done.
if you don't mind me asking... what gun do you have..

happy spl. Durkee..

Last edited by bboy.snow on Fri May 21, 2010 2:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:30 am

bboy.snow wrote:
for a noob...... gun rag..

Ya...thats not a word we use around here in the negative...
Edit your post and give some facts/experiences to actually help tips for a newb Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
bboy.snow wrote:
for a noob...... gun rag..

Ya...thats not a word we use around here in the negative...
Edit your post and give some facts/experiences to actually help tips for a newb Icon_wink
I don't think he meant it negatively. that's common internet lingo. and in answer to bboy's question, I got a well l96. couldn't afford maruzen. Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
ghilliesniper
Private
Private
ghilliesniper

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:02 pm

Gun Rag.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Heres some tips.

When you are walking and you are trying to be stealthy, walk with your heel first, feel around the ground to see if it is going to crack, or make noise under your step.

When you are looking through your scope, hold your breath it will steady your aim. If your not breathing then your chest isn't moving because of the inhale exhale factor.

Shoot in the prone position when possible. This will also increase your steadiness during the shot, plus it will relax your body so your can only think of the shot.

In stead of a jerk on your trigger squeeze it, when you don't know your going to fire then you don't think about the shot, you only think about hitting your target.I know it's hard if you don't have a zero trigger but still try.

Gun camos, I don't recommend it unless you really only play at one place that has a pretty even color tone, if you play at a whole bunch of fields I say go with wraps so you can change them up. Painting like people said you really need to have some experience with it. I recommend you buy like a cheap M4 from Wal-Mart thats like 30 dollars, then practice on that until you get that touch you need.

Always know your surroundings before you make a shot, taking 5 minutes to make one shot is worth it if you think your going to be attacked during the shot. I assume you don't have anything more then just a pistol for a side arm so think about things.

Give information as much as possible to your squad/team. You have to realize being a sniper isn't all about getting all the "kills" of the game it's about giving information so your squad/team can work people out.

If you have a boonie hat it should have webbing going around that, if you don't have a Ghillie suit add vegetation to that webbing to help cut down on visibility.

If you need any more tips you can PM me, I don't want to take up to much more space in this post trying to go over all the sniping tips I know.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:56 pm

lonesniper24 wrote:

In stead of a jerk on your trigger squeeze it, when you don't know your going to fire then you don't think about the shot, you only think about hitting your target.I know it's hard if you don't have a zero trigger but still try.
I already do that. my gun won't shoot worth a "watch your language" if I don't. I would love a zero trigger, but it costs more than my gun did!
Back to top Go down
k5colorado
Private
Private
k5colorado

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:45 am

gun rag diffidently it does exactly what a ghillie suit does....it breaks up the outline of your gun.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:35 pm

A. sniper wrote:
lonesniper24 wrote:

I already do that. my gun won't shoot worth a "watch your language" if I don't. I would love a zero trigger, but it costs more than my gun did!

I know what you mean, I'm going to add one to my Bar when I can get an income again. I figure if I have a rifle thats not being manufactured and is soo popular, if I ever have to sell it I'm going to be making my monies worth.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Sponsored content

tips for a newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for a newb   tips for a newb Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tips for a newb
Page 1 of 1