Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face Empty
PostSubject: Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face   Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:39 pm

I've had one for a few months now and I don't actually use it very much. During a game, nobody can understand me if I try to talk. Forget using a radio. I don't know if a throat mic and headphones would make it any better.

It IS very flexible, and you can put your cheek right up against your stock. It makes breathing a tad harder and louder, but not too much so. Water seems to like to condense on the mask more than my goggles, so the inside of the mask will be wet before the goggles start to fog. Not sure if that's a pro or a con. It does keep your face a bit warmer, which is usually a con and leads to fogging.

If you wear it with a helmet and goggles and you pull it down to talk or eat or whatever, you'll need to take your helmet off to get the thing back on. It IS possible to wear it with a MICH 2000 and FlakJak goggles. Presumably other helmet/goggle combos that work for you. If the goggles fit your face well normally, then they should fit just as well with the mask.

I haven't tried it for an extended period with goggles and no helmet.

Overall, it may be worth it for CQB if you like your teeth. For woods, some other form of mouth protection would be more practical.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face   Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Just what I needed to hear.

Was thinking of getting one, but I have enough problems with condensation as it is. Thats a bummer, seemed like a cool design (litterally).

And the fact that its hard to talk would kill me as the company radio operator XD
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face   Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:20 pm

I only use mine in CQB cause i can't talk with it that much my but its so nice to have in CQB
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face   Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:14 pm

Does it come with paddying on the insaide at all......also im the 3000 post on this section! Yay Me
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face   Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:52 pm

Thanks for posting this. I thought everyone could have learned from this information. I think I am going to buy one from somewhere... unless you wanted to sell yours Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face   Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of the Hakkotsu Iron Face
Page 1 of 1