Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Modifing my Cross draw

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Modifing my Cross draw Empty
PostSubject: Modifing my Cross draw   Modifing my Cross draw Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:22 pm

After I field tested my cross draw for more then a couple hours I learned it it very comfortable. I was going to sell it but I think I am going to keep it and modify it so it can hold more then it does now.

Here is what it looks like now
Modifing my Cross draw 51FRRKDdl2L_SL500_AA300_

First if you look at the picture you can see the MOLLE webbing is at a slant where the pistol holster is, I want to put some velcro there and put the MOLLE webbing horizontal. Then where my pistol is now I will make it slanted so it still is at an angle to pull out easier. (Is anybody getting me?)

Next I want to add the MOLLE webbing on the out side of the 3 M4 mags so I can put on 3 more to have up to 6 mag pouches (I am going to be running an AK-47 with mid caps)

The other reason I want to change the direction of the MOLLE webbing on the pistol side is because those 3 pistol mag pouches hold a speed loader, and a multi tooled knife.

Those are really the only things I can think of. right now and the only ones I think will work. So can anybody tell me if it's a good idea or what I should do? I know it would probably just be easier to go buy a new vest but my grandma owns a drapery workroom and she has all that stuff I need to do this.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Modifing my Cross draw   Modifing my Cross draw Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:51 pm

That will end up not being worth it. expensive for quality, LOTSSSSSSS of work (i have tried), and these vests are not of very high quality anyways, and will probably break pretty quickly. The mag pouches that you intend to mount? how would you do that? There is a flap that you need to lift, and you want that flap on a pouch like that. Just buy a MOLLE vest, and save yourself the sanity.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Modifing my Cross draw   Modifing my Cross draw Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:08 pm

Yeah thats whats got me stuck I think I am going to just drop that idea of putting webbing onto the pouches.

But I have been looking at the vest for a while now, and if I take the velcro and sew on the webbing now. Then sew the velcro over the webbing on the vest I will be able to keep it fine. I will just take the pistol holster off and buy a drop leg, for the moment I will move it down to the belt. Then I can add those three M4 pouches to the other side.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Modifing my Cross draw   Modifing my Cross draw Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:38 pm

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/45degreepanel.aspx
^That will reverse the effects of the slanted PALS webbing on the pistol side.

About the mag pouches... You may be SOL. Sewing MOLLE onto the pouches isn't impossible, however I don't know how usable the MOLLE would be.

My advice. Get the patch panel above. Attach "kangaroo-able" AK pouches to that side. Then run your pistol mags on that mag pouch.

Kangaroo pouch: http://www.tacticaltailor.com/762308singlemagpouch.aspx

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifing my Cross draw   Modifing my Cross draw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modifing my Cross draw
Page 1 of 1