Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Tactical vest?

Go down 
+3
AFU
Spl. Durkee
Wertuk
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:23 am

Is this vest half decent? I'm a cheap SOB and this seems like it would work for me, but am unsure if it would last a half year or so before i invest in a half decent plate carrier. I just went a little over my price range and got the g&g m4 sports-line, and don't care about fixed mag pouches. I am going to be using the MAG 100 rd tan midcaps. Thoughts?

Last edited by Wertuk on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:26 am

I'm really not a fan of OE tech's stuff...its real cheap design and construction.
I REALLY suggest looking into something else.

...and they're just plain ugly.
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:28 am

Alright then... hmm... got any suggestions? As of now though, I kinda need cheap with summer full of baseball and not much time to work.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:30 am

I bought this one: http://www.pyramidairsoft.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=1017&referer=500

and I like it; It is roughly the same price as the one you are looking at, and I have found it to be very durable. Obviously you already know of the downside, less customization, but if that isn't important to you, than these types of vest are good investments, in my opinion. Also, as a side note, I always buy from pyramidairsoft when I can. In terms of customer service they have always been very good to me.

~AFU
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:33 am

I'd rather not have a crossdraw, I like the extra mag storage, and im going to be using a shotgun anyway. But thanks
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:48 am

ehh I would also recomend a cross draw but by voodoo they seem to have a better made vest. I'm not sure really, Like you said you will be using 100 rd mids so that gives you 400 rounds I used about 350 rounds in an 8 hour event. But I don't know your playing style so yeah. If you want though you could take off the holster and fit a double m4 pouch there I mean they would be slanted but hey it may be easier to grab.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:04 am

If you're looking for cheap, you might consider a chest rig. If all you need is something to hold your mags and whatnot, seems like this is all you need. If you really want a tactical vest, the one you originally linked looks fine for your needs.
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:18 pm

What do you guys thing about this? It looks lightweight, and it comes with a hydration pack. But can anyone find it cheaper anywhere else? I found it a couple of places but I don't know about any of their reliability.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:17 am

Wertuk wrote:
What do you guys thing about this? It looks lightweight, and it comes with a hydration pack. But can anyone find it cheaper anywhere else? I found it a couple of places but I don't know about any of their reliability.

Ya looks good. Probably just the thing you need.
Someone brought up that site a few weeks ago...may want to look in the retailer review section.
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah, Jarhead brought it up, but its Canadian, so shipping is going to cost a good amount. The American based places I don't know about their reliability, and am looking for it in tan or MARPAT, and this is the only place that I can find MARPAT... But as I haven't gotten my BDU's yet from the local surplus store (gunna look their before I order anything) I guess I can just go ACU or plain woodland
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:45 am

OE tech hasn\'t broke on me, yes it is showing wear but it hasn\'t fallen apart, i've had both my rigs atleast a year or so(their MOD rig and plate carrier anyways) and I put my gear through alot during practice and OPs
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:53 am

I suck at communicating effectively through the internet Laughing I mean the reliability of this retailer.
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:56 am

have you considered looking on ebay?
i plan on getting a vest from ebay soon if so check this out...

fixed link

Last edited by kkoerber on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:57 am

kkoerber wrote:
have you considered looking on ebay? if so check this out...
i plan on getting a vest from ebay soon
Fixed broken link, will check in a second
EDIT: huh, still not working
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tactical vest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical vest?   Tactical vest? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tactical vest?
Page 1 of 1