Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Need some help finding goggles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Need some help finding goggles Empty
PostSubject: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:13 pm

ESS striker TurboFan Goggles- anybody use em? Know where I can get a pair?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:30 pm

I was looking to pick up some ESS goggles a while back and someone on Airsoft Pacific referred me here. After a lot of looking around I decided to go with some Revision Desert Locust goggles instead because they're available with thermal lenses.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Thanks omega. What are thermal lenses and what do they do??
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Helps with anti-fogging.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm

Instead of being a solid piece of plastic, they have 2 layers. This, as I am told, helps to reduce fogging. I believe ESS has firefighting goggles with thermal lenses.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Isn't that what the fan is for??
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:52 pm

In the Pacific Northwest? I use spray and a fan and still fog up. Next step is adding thermal lenses.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:39 am

Just ordered- I promise to give an extensive review and field report
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:40 am

Omega Lambda wrote:
In the Pacific Northwest? I use spray and a fan and still fog up. Next step is adding thermal lenses.
I just bought some goggles. spray works okay, but I can't really make it stop. They also don't make thermals for it. What should I do?
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:57 am

Control your persperation. I just wipe my forehead/hair frequently, or wear a tight tactical cap to keep it from going into my goggles/goggle foam.
Breathing steady helps.
I've found that once a tiny bit of persperation gets in, from there you're SOL. The spray does indeed help, though.
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:58 am

M14 double-taps wrote:
Control your persperation. I just wipe my forehead/hair frequently, or wear a tight tactical cap to keep it from going into my goggles/goggle foam.
Breathing steady helps.
I've found that once a tiny bit of persperation gets in, from there you're SOL. The spray does indeed help, though.
Alright. Is it possible to get a thermal lens custom made?
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:13 am

SnoSnipe wrote:
I just bought some goggles. spray works okay, but I can't really make it stop. They also don't make thermals for it. What should I do?
I have one of these and it works pretty well. Or you can make your own from electronics parts for much cheaper. With the G&G kit you only need to solder and wrap two wires. The kit doesn't come with any fasteners for the wires or battery compartment. I used electrical tape to stiffen the wires and duct tape (stuck to itself) to attach a loop to my battery compartment. My goggle strap goes through the loop.

DIY you'll need a (very) small fan, tiny zip-ties (or some other attachment method), some wire, shrink wrap and/or electrical tape, and a double AAA battery housing. You may need to get the fan online, but the rest can be had at Radio Shack, Ace, or Walmart. Not much you can f*** up. If you get the wires backwards, the fan will just pull air the other direction.

I have mine mounted under my left eye. There it can't interfere with my helmet or my cheek weld. Only problem is it clears the left side of my goggles first. Good for peripheral, but not for sighting-in.

Another thing you can do is put antiperspirant on your forehead. Be very sure to stay hydrated if you use any antiperspirant anywhere on your body while you play.

I clean my lenses with dish soap and warm water. Some people use dish soap to coat the inside of their lenses. They pour it on, let it dry, then rub it smooth with a microfiber cloth.

It's also a good idea to keep your face and neck well-ventilated. That means no shemagh, no balaclava, no turtleneck, no half-mask, etc.

Helmets look really cool, but they're also really hot. If it's still that bad after everything else, ditch the helmet.

And the #1 thing to do to keep your goggles clear: KEEP MOVING FORWARD! (original CoD4 reference ftw)
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:25 am

my goggles are the Wiley-X CQC Goggles, which are very low profile, and high field of vision. I also do not wear a helmet, and i wear a shemagh around my neck to keep myself warm (washington is too cold), and protect my teeth, but I will be willing to ditch it. This fan looks amazing, but I don't know if it will fit the small size of my goggles.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:08 am

Nono, keep that shemagh to protect those pearly whites. I wear a similar piece because I've seen wayy too many teeth lost during a game.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:48 am

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend going unprotected. I wear a mouthguard when I play. Half of my front tooth is acrylic (happened long before airsoft). Because of that, hearing about any mouth injuries gives me shivers. If the shemagh is all you have to protect your teeth, then by all means keep it.

Last edited by Omega Lambda on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help finding goggles   Need some help finding goggles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some help finding goggles
Page 1 of 1