Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Who shall I follow orders from?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Who shall I follow orders from? Empty
PostSubject: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:02 am

Event team break down goes like this.

Comander
2nd in Comand
Squads
Infantry.

The commander has thrown it on 2nd in comand's (lex) shoulders to give orders. Lex was a marine for and 18 years, and my squad lead (reaper) was in the army for 20. Anyways both are on the same team and I have to take orders from both. But the tactics, how do you say dis like each other. the final choice is up to me really but which branch has better tactics for which objective? Somthing that won't get me shot up to bad.

post!
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:14 am

*Coughs*

No idea what you just asked...but it sounded like you were asking for a comparison of the combat capabilities of two entirely different branches.
Which, mind you, cannot be done.

On the same note, you can be in the Army or Marines and not have seen any combat...or study tactics.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:19 am

+1 to Durkster Razz

When "Reaper" gives you an order, follow it. If "Lex" give you an order that contradicts Reaper's order, follow Lex's order because he is higher in command.

Dude this is airsoft, wtf.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:29 am

No no, I want to know which branch has better tactics for each assignment say Infultrating a bunker go with lex or reaper. or recon lex or reaper. they give the same orders but last event lex got a task force together to take down the enemy facilty idea was walk in the front gate when it wasn't occupied. it failed. I followed sombody that served in iraq (army) in and we went around the southern wall we sat there for 5 minutes longer then the others but it was only 2 of us against 27.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:40 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
+1 to Durkster Razz

When "Reaper" gives you an order, follow it. If "Lex" give you an order that contradicts Reaper's order, follow Lex's order because he is higher in command.

Dude this is airsoft, wtf.

If Reaper gives you an "order"...tell him to "f*ck off".
If Lex gives you an order that contradicts reaper's order...tell him to "f*ck off...b*tch"...because he is higher in command.

Play airsoft. Follow who you feel is a better leader.
If you're doing mil-sim or any other form of "high realism" play...follow your immediate CO's orders.

Meaning. If your squad leader tells you to jump off a cliff. Do it.

Look, you can't make a comparison of someone's leadership abilities based on their branch of service.
End of story. The individual person leads in his own way, nothing to do with where he served, how long he served, or the branch he served in.

Reword you question if I'm still not getting it.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:01 am

Orders are all the same sorry my mistake. The qustion is whos tactics should I follow. Like I said lex's tactic failed compared to the army's tactics. But army tactics fail compared to marine tacs.

What I'm trying to ask is Which scenerios would marines tactics over come armies and vise versa.

BTW this is a milsim event.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:09 am

I don't get what you mean by Army tactics and Marine tactics lol.
"Real life" tactics = whatever you do to not die.

Don't think either one has "better" tactics...or even "different" tactics.

Again, its the individual leader/commander that has the tactics in his mind.
I'm sure some Army CO's are better than some Marine CO's...and vice versa.

Chain of command:
You = follow your squad leader.
Squad leader = follow his superior (But you don't even think about this).

Someone do correct me if I'm somehow mistaken.

Every event that had a designated chain of command...I was basically told:
"See that guy? Follow him. Do what he says."

Then the game begins.

Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:18 am

So tactics don't really change from the branches just how people use them is the differance?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:24 am

Well...ya.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:27 am

okay hahaha that was quite abit of posting to get 10 characters haha.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:58 am

It's kind of obvious, so this didn't even need to happen ^-^
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Accept the tactics of your squad leader. If you see an obvious flaw in their plan, point it out. Durkee was right on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who shall I follow orders from?   Who shall I follow orders from? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who shall I follow orders from?
Page 1 of 1