Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Robert Rogers 19 standing orders

Go down 
+7
TheJim
killyouno5
M14 double-taps
Alabama_Sniper
slob212
sticks.13
p51dmustang
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Empty
PostSubject: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:19 pm

I read this in my special opperation command (SOCOM) book. I think these rules fit for airsoft too cheers

This man formed Roger's rangers during the French and Indian war and his band of men were some of the most feared men in the war

(anything in () will be things I added in to make it more airsoft related or to clear something up)

1. Don't forget nothing. (makes sense)

2. Have your musket (Any Weapon you may have) clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, sixty rounds powder and ball, and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

3. When you're on the march, act the way you would if you was sneaking up on a deer (SILENTLY Exclamation ). See the enemy first.

4. Tell the truth about what you see and do. There is an army depending on us for correct information. You can lie all you please when you tell other folks about the (Insert team name) Rangers, but don't never lie to a (Insert team name) Ranger or officer.

5. Don't never take a chance you don't have to.

6. When we're on the march we march single file, far enough apart so one shot can't go through two men.

7. If we strike swamps, or soft ground, we spread out abreast, so it's hard to track us.

8. When we march, we keep moving 'til dark, so as to give the enemy the least possible chance at us.

9. When we camp, half the party stays awake while the other half sleeps (maye just a sentry or 2).

10. If we take prisoners, we keep 'em separate 'til we have had time to examine them, so they can't cook up a story between 'em.

11. Don't ever march home (Base camp, etc...) the same way. Take a different route so you won't be ambushed.

12. No matter whether we travel in big parties or little ones, each party has to keep a scout 20 yards ahead, twenty yards on each flank and twenty yards in the rear, so the main body can't be surprised and wiped out.

13. Every night you'll be told where to meet if surrounded by a superior force.

14. Don't sit down to eat without posting sentries.

15. Don't sleep beyond dawn. Dawn's when the French and Indians attack (Sorry to anyone French or Indian, thats what it actualy said though).

16. Don't cross a river by a regular ford.

17. If somebody's trailing you, make a circle, come back onto your own tracks, and ambush the folks that aim to ambush you.

18. Don't stand up when the enemy's coming against you. Kneel down. Hide behind a tree.

19. Let the enemy come 'till he's almost close enough to touch. Then let him have it and jump out and finish him up with your hatchet (knife, and i don't think this one applies for Airsoft).

20. Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet (Knife).
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:28 pm

Sorry, i didnt mean to post this twice (i think I have a possesed computer Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad ) I publicly appologize, and hope that someone deletes one of my posts

Sorry agin
P51dmustang
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:45 pm

Its cool deleted the other.

Did you happen to find this out of the book "Shadow Warriors"?

It was about the history of the US army Rangers. Great book, lots of info about real missions and tactics used by the Rangers. I would recomend it to anyone, its a larger book though. Not for the faint hearted/slow reader.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:49 am

These are also in the Ranger Handbook, right after the Ranger Creed.

If you can get your hands on one, I highly reccomend that you use it, alot of the tactics can be real easily turned to AirSoft. Itīs small enough for a cargo pocket, and if you happen to take part in some large games or OPS, its real good to be able to wip it out, show the rest of the players what you want to do will simple easy directions and pics.
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Thanks for deleting the extra post

To awnser your question, No. My book is called U.S. Special Opertation Forces, and it has a section of Pre-Revolution Special operations, such as Roberts Rangers, King Phillips war, and other Special Operations forces before and during the Revolution
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:21 pm

Sounds cool. I'll have to check it out!

Slob I got a copy of my own, its a great reference for everything. I got my copy for a daunting $4.99. I'll take a pic later so everyone else knows what I'm talking about.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:43 am

For the people starting a team, or for new members joining your team, the handbook has pretty much everything that they need to know,

When starting a team you can use it for basic tactics, Movement in File, Wedge, Box formations, how to recognize/Cross danger areas, Ambush, counter Ambush, hand signals, Salute reports and so on.

Nothing makes a Game or Op run smoother than when everybody in your team is on the same page.

Later when you take part in larger events and you take on the responsibilites of a Leadership position, being able to give out a good Warning, Patrol, Op order, really knocks people back on thier heels, and they know that they are in for some good action.

@ Sticks,
4,99$, good deal, got mine for free, just had to make it through 105 days of pure misery Very Happy !!!
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Slob did you earn a Ranger tab? Being a Ranger has been one of my main goals in life ever since I researched the military and got beyond the whole L33t S33L teem 6! Phase.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:10 pm

The Tab Dosnīt make the Man
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:55 am

I also disagree with one and only one of the posts one there , well other than the lying all you want to the others , but the one about not taking unnessecary risks , because that Is what keeps the game exciting and real .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:20 am

Alabama_Sniper wrote:
I also disagree with one and only one of the posts one there , well other than the lying all you want to the others , but the one about not taking unnessecary risks , because that Is what keeps the game exciting and real .

A_S makes a good point. but This argument could obviously go either way. not taking unnessecary risks can seriously help your game. But then again thats very hard thing to do, and they help make the game interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:08 am

Quote :
5. Don't never take a chance you don't have to.

It means, Be Smart !!

Look, Listen, Evaluate, make a Plan, then Execute.

The same things we all do in a game, if we didnīt we would be spending all our time at the Re-Spawn point.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:20 pm

True , but to win wars you gotta take some chances , its just a fact of war , and the same just goes for airsoft .
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Right,

but you take Smart risks, maximize your chances for success, you donīt go running around looking for suicide missions.

You donīt go into a Hide, lay down your rifle, put the Headphones in and start jamming to Nickleback while you wait, bad example but a fun one Laughing

When you know you are near to you opponents position, you use every little thing to increase your chances of success, when setting up a defense, you stack heavy where you are positive your opponent is going to attack.

Much is left to chance, canīt argue there, but A-S, we have all seen the players that go running around without any plan, with absolutly no clue as to what is going on, and these are the players taking the wrong risks, not playing smart.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:01 pm

True enough , I didn't mean just run out there and say alright team we are gonna go out there and shoot as muchh bbs as we can , I meant like , well lets Take Nepolean for example , his risk by talking Waterloo , was a bad risk , but on the other hand whenever the first open heart surgey was performed , that was a good risk , we take risk every day , that is just one of the many things that makes life worth living .
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Good example A_S but there is a difference between a bad risk that ends bad and a bad risk that ends good. It really depends on how well you know how the enemy will react. Now of coarse you may be the guy that thinks he has a good plan and goes in to be shot down in a second but you may also be the guy who doesnt have to good of a plan and thinking he may take out a couple of guys before you get taken out but it ends up you take out 25 guys only because the enemy though that what you were doing would never work so thinking someone else would get you or as soon as you start you will get shot they ignore you and because everyone is think this they pay no attention when you storm in with gernades flying and guns blazing rambo style and take a whole area by yourself. So really it is based alot on luck and how you present yourself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:02 am

I'll stick to my SAS literature Wink
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:52 pm

You can play it safe and keep your head low or go wild , I like endangering my men , taking a bad risk , exposing our position , and relying more on luck than on skill , but only in stressing times .
Back to top Go down
got ambushed?
Corporal
Corporal
got ambushed?

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:27 am

yeah lol im kinda a risk taker but when im spotting for this guy i can't go with my instinkt or how ever you spell it. my instink normally makes me take a risk because thats just who i am.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:00 am

Yeah the same here , I mean hey , its just airsoft , now if I were in the real military and and officer at that , I would lead my men pretty precausiuos at times , but every now and then takes some risks , hey thats just who I am .
Back to top Go down
got ambushed?
Corporal
Corporal
got ambushed?

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:19 am

yeah its airsoft but when the real guns come out your playing with the big boys now and its deadly so don't take as much chances only when your down and need them most.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:59 am

I never take any chances. I do everything in a highly calculated manner, and whatever action I take is what I know that I can DEFINATELY achieve.
Back to top Go down
got ambushed?
Corporal
Corporal
got ambushed?

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:47 pm

yeah i love to take chances because i rarely fail and its just exciting trying to dodge bbs running and stuff
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Well that will happen no matter what , wheither you take risk or not , but anyway glad I could create some debate .
Back to top Go down
got ambushed?
Corporal
Corporal
got ambushed?

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:36 pm

yeah lol it was fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert Rogers 19 standing orders   Robert Rogers 19 standing orders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robert Rogers 19 standing orders
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next