Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Problems with G&G Combat machine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Problems with G&G Combat machine  Empty
PostSubject: Problems with G&G Combat machine    Problems with G&G Combat machine  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:58 pm

The Fps on my G&G combat machine m4 (standard) is suddenly very low. The first couple of times it chronoed at around 290-300 (.25s, what it should be. The last games its been at chronoed at around 230(.25s) then today it chronoed at 220 with .20s!!!1! Mad I feild stripped it, lubed the barrel, and tried everything I could think of without opening the mechbox. Help me please, I have an op next saturday.

Last edited by Wertuk on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Problems with G&G Combat machine    Problems with G&G Combat machine  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:11 pm

did you reset the spring after every game?
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Problems with G&G Combat machine    Problems with G&G Combat machine  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:52 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Problems with G&G Combat machine    Problems with G&G Combat machine  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:50 pm

hmm could be bad compression
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Problems with G&G Combat machine    Problems with G&G Combat machine  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:15 am

how could I fix this?, I gotta get it fixed before the op!!
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Problems with G&G Combat machine    Problems with G&G Combat machine  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:56 am

idk ill leave it up to someone else
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Problems with G&G Combat machine    Problems with G&G Combat machine  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:20 pm

If I already determined it was not the barrel, then I would go to the hop up. Any cracks should be a sign you need a new one. If the hop up rubber (bucking) is torn, or stretched get a new one.

If that fails, check the cylinder compression, and check the spring. If you have ever stored your gun compressed it could have lost coil length, and it just goes downhill from there. If your spring is any shorter, replace it and check the seal of your piston head and cylinder by pressing a finger into the airnozzle and manually pushing the piston into the cylinder. There should be a great deal of resistance and if it slides to easily. Seal around the cylinder head with teflon tape, check the o-ring tension (should be relatively loose around the piston head. It relies on friction to slide back and bring air into the cylinder, when the gun fires the o-ring is pushed back into the piston head, sealing it and allowing your gun to make the shot. Make sure it is lubed correctly and not caught).

Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Problems with G&G Combat machine    Problems with G&G Combat machine  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:06 pm

So I'm just putting this message for combat machine owners out there:
A local AS tech opened it up for me, I was planning to have a new spring put in. He found that the spring was fine, but the entire gearbox was bone dry, and there was NO seal at the O ring. He told me it was pretty common in the combat machines and that G&G puts barley enough lubrication to get it running. Now it is chronoing back at the desired fps of 320.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Problems with G&G Combat machine    Problems with G&G Combat machine  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:03 pm

No O-ring seal what what!?!?! doesn't sound like G&G are setting a good standard for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Problems with G&G Combat machine    Problems with G&G Combat machine  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:58 pm

When i order my GG Combat machine how would I lube it up without Effin the gun up....

BTW...Im back...for now..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with G&G Combat machine    Problems with G&G Combat machine  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with G&G Combat machine
Page 1 of 1