Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Tri shot or single shot?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Tri shot or single shot? Empty
PostSubject: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:27 am

So I'm looking into getting a shot gun for cqb or just to mess around you know. But I don't see the differance between tri's and singles. I know a tri shot has 3 shots at once but other then that nothing.

Reviews say the tri shot has a pretty close grouping as well so is there really a point to trishots other the more realistic? I can easily hit a close range target with 1 shot as well as 3 without wasting 2 shots.

are there any differances why eithers better?
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:33 am

Pretty much personal preference. Personally I'd rather hit someone with three BBs rather than one. Especially in CQB where people will be using 25+rps
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:42 am

I've used both.

Tri-shots are pretty cool, but I still have to say that the $10 no-brand 1-shot spring breach shotgun I got from Evike surpasses them in FPS and durability. I just threw it in with my order to bring me up to $100 for free shipping and I find myself using it all the time. It's a great looking piece, made of decent ABS plastic, and comes with a speed loader and some other goodies.

I've yet to meet an active player that has owned one of those $60 tri-shot shotguns for more than a few months before something breaks on it. They are not durable/reliable in the slightest...contradicting the reason many people buy spring replicas in the first place.

It's really hit and miss with them. The manufacture of them is really inconsistent, some people get them and the barrels (yes, there are actually 3 inner barrels) criss-cross the BB flight path and people have gotten them and they didn't even have 3 barrels hahaha. Maybe some guy in China or wherever it's made decided he wanted to f*ck with you?

I don't like any of the tri-shots on the market...or the prices.
You are better off paying a couple bucks and throwing it in with your order whenever you buy crap next.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:47 am

Oh yeah, one thing I hate about tri-shots is that they use shells...that's a pain.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:52 am

I know the 3 barrels and when cronoing they come out to 600 plus fps.

I got my bro a tsd shotty for xmas but he got it taken away but it's kinda busted up, it's a hella good gun but I got it for him I'll get myself one. I just wasn't sure if there was much of a differance. I mean a tri shot and single need to be cocked after every shot but tri shots use more ammo. I would much rather have 14 trys to hit somebody then 5 before a reload.

Now thats taken care of, how should I handle empty shells?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:54 am

What? I don't get it...
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:31 am

Uh...take it out, and put in a full one....?

lonesniper24 wrote:
hella good
LAWL
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:34 am

lonesniper24 wrote:
hella
Please don't do that...
I have owned a UTG M3 Tri-Shot, and it worked great until my friend threw it at my other friend's face, and took a piece of his ear along with it. It's still in my garage in two pieces, covered in blood.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:36 am

SnoSnipe wrote:
It's still in my garage in two pieces, covered in blood.
Yeah you might want to get rid of that....it's only a matter of time before the govt starts breaking the 4th Amendment Razz
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:01 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
SnoSnipe wrote:
It's still in my garage in two pieces, covered in blood.
Yeah you might want to get rid of that....it's only a matter of time before the govt starts breaking the 4th Amendment Razz
It's kind of cool though. It pretty much changed colour, and has a huge ABS plastic spike sticking out of the top.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:20 pm

So you're in possession of a potential assault weapon. Haha

Lonesniper I still don't get what you mean by "how should I handle empty shells"
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:34 am

Never mind the shells question stupidity on my part
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:09 am

Durkee is right on the quality. Had the UTG tri shot and loved it for five months then the velocity dropped and BBs went about 12 feet.
Now it just doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tri shot or single shot?   Tri shot or single shot? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tri shot or single shot?
Page 1 of 1