Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Silent_50._Cal
Private
Private
Silent_50._Cal

Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle Empty
PostSubject: Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle   Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:03 pm

Hello @ all! This is my first and probably most important post with several questions =D :

1. Is an airsoft sniper rifle comparable to an airrifle at a distance of 10 meters?

2. I shoot airrifles for quite a long time now, so I have targeting skills already, is it advisable to start with a sniper rifle? ( I've already read a few posts where total beginners were advised to start with AEG's, but as you read above I'm used to "sharpshooting")

3. I'd like to buy a Mauser SR ( L96 ) with a 6x32 scope and .25g BB's. Is it worthy? I've read that scopes should preferrably have a zoom of 3-4 times, what do you think?

Thx for your patience and pls. help me! =D
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle   Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:28 pm

First of all, thank you for taking the time to construct a well-written and well-thought out question. Second, welcome to the forum!

1. I'd say an airsoft sniper rifle (a nice one, anyway) is comparable to an airrifle at that distance. It may not be exact, but any distance around 30 feet is a good one for an airsoft rifle. I don't have a ton of experience with nice air-rifles, but I do know that airsoft rifles are very accurate at those short of distances.

2. It is NOT advised to start off with an airsoft sniper rifle. That doesn't mean you absolutely shouldn't, but I think you'll be much more rewarded with an AEG starting off. And just because you purchase an AEG doesn't mean you can't be a designated marksmen or even a sniper depending on the rifle and your style of play with it. It just means if you prefer to get in on the action like other airsofters you'll have that ability. Besides, AEGs have surprisingly good distance.

3. What exactly is the Mauser SR (L96)? I was able to find one airsoft replica for sale that went by that actual manufacturer's name and that specific model type here:
http://www.airsocom.com/140700.html
But who is the actual manufacturer of the replica? Anyone have an answer to that? Most likely you're looking at another clone L96, similar to that of the WELL L96 and UTG L96. We're talking a mid-grade sniper rifle here. I'm sure it'd perform alright, but I'm not sure if it's what you'd really want. If you're looking at a sniper rifle, then either go JG Bar-10, UTG L96, or expect to spend a lot more than that on a decent sniper rifle with needed upgrades. But still, if you buy the bar-10 or L96 made by UTG, don't expect breath-taking performances out of box. You'll need to put some work into them to get them up to par with nicer, more expensive rifles. Couple that with the fact that AEGs are usually more fun for those just starting out and that's why it's recommended you start off with an automatic rifle opposed to a bolt-action. Also, with airsoft you'd be best to have a scope that zooms out to 3-4X. My scope is a 3-9X40. Adjustable zoom is always good, and the bigger lens the better (especially when talking about airsoft).

For more helpful advice, check out this link, SECTIONS 2 AND 3:
https://airsoftforum.darkbb.com/general-airsoft-discussion-f3/to-all-airsofters-general-education-on-the-sport-of-airsoft-t578.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Silent_50._Cal
Private
Private
Silent_50._Cal

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle   Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:46 pm

Admin wrote:
3. What exactly is the Mauser SR (L96)? I was able to find one airsoft replica for sale that went by that actual manufacturer's name and that specific model type here:
http://www.airsocom.com/140700.html
But who is the actual manufacturer of the replica? Anyone have an answer to that? Most likely you're looking at another clone L96, similar to that of the WELL L96 and UTG L96. We're talking a mid-grade sniper rifle here. I'm sure it'd perform alright, but I'm not sure if it's what you'd really want. If you're looking at a sniper rifle, then either go JG Bar-10, UTG L96, or expect to spend a lot more than that on a decent sniper rifle with needed upgrades. But still, if you buy the bar-10 or L96 made by UTG, don't expect breath-taking performances out of box. You'll need to put some work into them to get them up to par with nicer, more expensive rifles. Couple that with the fact that AEGs are usually more fun for those just starting out and that's why it's recommended you start off with an automatic rifle opposed to a bolt-action.

Yes, that would be the exact model I'm looking for. What modifications do you recommend for that model ( or any mid-class rifle)? (Spring upgrade --> more fps= better accuracy?)
My airsofting would basically consist of shooting targets at not too long distances in-doors and outdoors with decent/very good accuracy. I don't know to what extend I'll be able to play real battles with others (time related [ok time is plenty], convincing parents for permission to participate in battles). Basically, I'm looking for a rifle that a) looks and feels realistic b) can compete with airrifle accuracy and c) can kick my fathers and his airguns arse EDIT: d)prove him wrong that airsoft sucks =D

Sorry for dragging it out!
Norman
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle   Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:05 pm

You're not dragging it out - just looking for answers to your questions...

First of all, there are many upgrades you can do to an L96 rifle. However, like most guns, you'll probably end up needing to upgrade more than just a spring. If you upgrade just the spring, you may end up breaking the internals b/c of too much strain. Also, more FPS does not mean more accuracy. Better hopup, precision barrel, and heavier, quality BBs mean more accuracy (am I missing anything?) Here are a few upgrades for the L96:
tightbore barrel 6.03
pdi hop up
zero trigger
teflon cylinder
ball bearing spring guide
cylinder head piston head
piston head
cylinder head
spring 170sp

Almost any nice ($100+) airsoft replica you purchase is going to look and feel real. There are few nice guns that aren't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle   Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:24 pm

I would recommend any agm rifle because the prices are good and most of the internals are upgradeable with mauri parts.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle   Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:25 pm

also the agm aps2 comes with a tightbore like inner barrel where the mp 001 only has a 6.10 barrel.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
Silent_50._Cal
Private
Private
Silent_50._Cal

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle   Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:46 pm

Admin wrote:
tightbore barrel 6.03
pdi hop up
zero trigger
teflon cylinder
ball bearing spring guide
cylinder head piston head
piston head
cylinder head
spring 170sp

With all Shocked those parts upgradeable, maybe I'll stick to stock or do minor upgrades for the first couple of weeks Cool , after all, I'm a noob that has to climb his way up the ladder! cheers
But dangit I still can't decide wether or not to buy a rifle... scratch ...but then again I want it sooo bad! ...it's not the end of the world if I buy a rifle for about 250 bucks even if after a while I might not like it...or maybe yes... ARRRGHHHH!!! confused
Back to top Go down
glenn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle   Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:04 am

I faced the same decision Silent, and I did end up buying my Mauser SR Pro Tactical made by Cybergun (Replica of L96 I think) awaiting the postman. :p Mauser SR Pro Tactical. And heres a guide which should apply to other version of the gun (Military and plain Mauser SR) but no guarantees. Guide.

Trying to find decent upgrades myself, the trigger comes in plastic(which sucks apparently) so I hope yours come with one in metal.

The Mauser SR seems to be flourishing in Europe, but little is know about it, especially in the states. Naturally it's really hard to find reliable information on it, the guide I linked is my only reliable source.

Admin, in which order would you buy those parts? As some parts are fairly expensive Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle   Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie wanting Mauser SR sniper rifle
Page 1 of 1