Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Origin of the "F-word"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Origin of the "F-word" Empty
PostSubject: Origin of the "F-word"   Origin of the "F-word" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:20 pm

So I was doing some reading recently and I found a funny thing. (No profanity directed towards anyone.)

So in "ye olde England", adulterers, rapists, etc would be filed in the courts system "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge". Eventually they abbreviated it to F.U.C.K.

Then the people who would read the signs like "Wanted F.U.C.K - John Q. Doe" and joke around saying "Oi, he's a f*cker!" and soon enough it evolved to the current usage. Not really sure if it's true as I did not live in medieval England. Just a fun fact for the day tongue
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Origin of the "F-word"   Origin of the "F-word" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:57 pm

According to my anthropology professor...the f-word was derived from the Greek term "fututio", which literally means to plant a seed (agriculture). Greek erotic poets took liking to the word and recognized it as a metaphor for a man penetrating a woman.

Lawl I took more notes on this than any other lecture
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Origin of the "F-word"   Origin of the "F-word" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:59 am

I thought it was French bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Origin of the "F-word"   Origin of the "F-word" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Origin of the "F-word"
Page 1 of 1