Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

If you Ever Get to Europe

Go down 
+8
house119
M14 double-taps
sticks.13
Alabama_Sniper
dman12564sniper
Admin
DOA Draven
slob212
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
slob212
slob212

If you Ever Get to Europe Empty
PostSubject: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:44 am

Hello all,

As most of you already know, AirSoft is huge here in Europe Very Happy and it is just getting better cheers , here are a few pictures and a video of the last OP, ( Golden Horizon ). A few things to understand, unlike in America FPS limits can vary from event to event, but as a rule the following FPS Limits apply to all serious OPS,

F/A 400FPS
SEMI 470FPS
SNIPER 570FPS
This Op was loosly based on the Falkland War ( A Hardcore MILSIM ), and I do mean Loosly, everything that you could hope for was there, Civilians on the Battlefield, Renegade Elements, Helicopter insertion, Armour, the only part of the event that had to be cancelled was the Paratrooper insertion Sad ( Pilot and Jumpmaster had to report for Deployment ).

If things continue to go as planned, this OP will become the premere OP in Europe, forget about BERGET ( waste of time and money ), Soooo, if you happen to be travelling in Europe in the month of August next year, and have the itch in the trigger finger for a great OP, keep in mind the word `` GOLDENīī. As far as the language barrier goes, forget it, we all understand AIRSOFT !!!
Enough of the Rules and the story, hope you enjoy the Pics,
If you Ever Get to Europe CIMG2201

If you Ever Get to Europe CIMG2200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RuDHVSY9V4

If you Ever Get to Europe IMG_3484

If you Ever Get to Europe Pict0128vm3

If you Ever Get to Europe Goho2008022

If you Ever Get to Europe CIMG2199

A few of the Vehicles that were used during the OP

If you Ever Get to Europe CIMG3189

If you Ever Get to Europe CIMG3192

If you Ever Get to Europe Goho2008013

If you Ever Get to Europe IMGP2356

If you Ever Get to Europe Goho2008007

If you Ever Get to Europe CIMG3198

And some of the Players, there were over 300,

If you Ever Get to Europe 3Musketteers

If you Ever Get to Europe CIMG2231

If you Ever Get to Europe IMG_3469

If you Ever Get to Europe Gruppenbildpanzerbo8

Hope you enjoy. cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:36 am

Well that's not in the UK Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:16 am

Wow. Not quite what I'm used to - much better. How much does an event like this cost where you're from slob?

I've been to many events, but have yet to be in one involving helicopter transport.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
dman12564sniper
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:01 pm

do people really like airsoft this much in Europe?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi Sniper,

The AS community here is HUGE, a little underground, but huge just the same.

We have alot more rules to deal with when it comes to transport or tuning, but that dosnīt slow down a dedicated player.
An Example, Italy Airsoft is accepted as a recognized sport, and some of thier teams have BIG MONEY sponsers, Team Katana comes to mind, in Luxembourg, Airsoft is against the law, just owning a replica rifle can get you tossed in Jail, but there is a large amount of players from Luxembourg, Weapons are stored in France or Germany.

And to really Ans weryour question, next week is a MILSIM where cross boarder play is involved, Commando Boat river crossing, from Germany into France, Rubber Boats, Night Play the whole 9 yards, nothing has been left out !!!!
Back to top Go down
dman12564sniper
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:25 pm

dang man i wish i was in Europe i only got crapy old georgetown affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:43 am

Well if you aver on your way here, let me know, will fill you in on what events are available. starting in April, until the end of October, almost every weekend is an event or game going on.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:49 am

We got one happening for Halloween , Night wars , Golf Cart transport , and the whole nine yards almost 50 people will be there . Thats airsoft round here .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:38 pm

DOA Draven wrote:
Well that's not in the UK Smile

"wait what do you mean theres Russian tanks in the neighbors field..... yes were sending in the Royal Marines now, hold on mam!!" Laughing

Looks sweet, me and my brother were maybe going to Irland to trace our roots. We wanted to go to scotland to visit a friend and maybe check out a game or two over there. We might just make a detour to you guys across the channel Smile. this wont be hapening for a good year or so, so don't hold you breath.

How did you guys gut the tanks? I mean I'm guessing you got them from all the excess surplus that Russia had after the soviet fall but is there a special license that you need to use/drive one?

Lookin good!

sticks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:43 pm

I would guess that a CDL liscens would be needed but I am just guessing here , the Soviet Fall sure did help the world of airsoft just as much as It helped the real world .
Back to top Go down
dman12564sniper
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:09 pm

bama sniper think you can get me into that event?
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:44 pm

admission will ten bucks for teams and five for singles , I don't have all of the details at the moment but A.A.E. will be hosting the event ( thats our team ) .
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 12:20 am

Gutted Tanks Neutral , sorry guys they are all fully operational !!!
And to drive them you have to be checked out by the owner, this playing field is a privatly owned piece of property, He runs a Tank Driving school in his spare time, kind of a tourist thing. Nothing like the Sound of Heavy Metal rolling through the Playing field in the middle of the Night, if that dosnīt keep you on your toes, nothing will !!!
Back to top Go down
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:06 am

sticks.13 - We only have a couple of dead Ruskki tanks at our local site, but airsoft is pretty big in the UK and in Europe where legal.

But if any of you ever have the pleasure to visit our little Island, I'll be happy to try and sort some airsoft contacts for you while over here.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:55 am

Hi Draven,

We have considered visiting your `` Little Islandīī, have seen that you also have some pretty fantasic events. The only problem that we have is with Customs, what are the current laws with bringing Softair weapons into merry old England ? With returning we should not have any problems, will be taking the Chunnel. In France Softair is accepted and Legal.

P.S. Have you done any of the Berget events, and were you so unlucky to be a players this year??
Back to top Go down
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:21 pm

slob212 - Our customs officers would have a small fit, and throw you back across the pond, in most friendly English manner of course Smile It's impossible for me to buy a gun in the US and have it imported here, even a knife would be touch and go.

Can't say what the Frence would do, but they are foriegners of course Smile

Never done the Berget events, I tend to stick to the local sites, games involving 100 players or so.

Seriously, moving airsoft weapons in Europe isn't that easy, and I'd advise you contact your own Customs Authorities, and seek professional advice from them, I'm sure they will be able to advise you.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:43 pm

Wow, This almost makes me wanna change my mind about the UK being the best..... Surprised But I plan on buying a house in the UK when I'm older, because the sport is so big over there, and I just love the country. But all this talk of it being illegal is giving me second thoughts!! Or wait--No, it's not illegal in the UK, is it?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
house119
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:31 am

WoW, it would be great to getsomethinglike that here in the states, preferably here in florida !! Where exactly is that feild and do they have a web site? my team is planing on going to the uk next year to play at some fields.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:57 am

M14 double-taps - airsoft is not currently illegal in the UK, there are restrictions as to whom can buy an airsoft gun. Basically only retailers can import, airsofters must become a member of a reconised airsoft site who are memebers of UKARA before they can buy an airsoft gun from a retailer. membership is easy, just attend your local site three times in as many months [something like that] and they will sign your papers.

You do not have to be a member of UKARA to play airsoft, therefore you can hire guns and enjoy your day.

There maybe restrictions on under 18s playing airsoft in the future, but this is more due to insurance risks with 'minors' playing dangerous games, getting injured and sueing site owners.

The law is fairly loose at the moment, and airsofters sell guns secondhand between themselves regardless.

Odd that a US citizen would want to live in the UK, when some many here would love to live in the US? I certainly envy you your wide open spaces.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:16 am

@DRAVEN,

We have already checked with costoms here, comming back is not a problem, as long as the weapons comply with German Laws ( NO F/A, Tac lights, Lasers ect....), nothing more than a disassembly, have to transport them that way here anyhow when we go to Large Events. I was just asking because we get conflicting information here, at one point we were informed that the maximum legal FPS for England was 1 Joule ( find that hard to believe ). If we transport our Weapons dissasembled, then there should be no problems, they are considered toys there, or maybe not ???

Any good information you could throw our way would be really helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUmLlDzVU-Y

Just for Fun !!!!
Back to top Go down
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:31 am

I'm really not sure about bringing in an airsoft weapon into the UK, I would have to question our Customs on that one, plus what ever airline you use.

1J is the accept top end for any airsoft gun on most sites in the UK, some goto 1.35J.

Here are the site FPS rules for one of my local sites, every site is slightly different.

FPS Limits
AEG & Pistol FPS limit is 330 FPS with .2 BB - Strict due to the urban things can get pretty close
Support Weapons (Mini Mi, MG36, M249 etc) 350 FPS with a .2 bb Engagment distance of 15m and no firing inside the building, into and out of is fine. Side arm to be carried for contact within engagement distance
AEG Snipers , (modded to Semi only, and lowcaps.) 370fps MAX, min engagement 20m. Side arm to be carried for contact within engagement distance
Sniper rifles, (single shot bolt action) 370fps - 500fps min engagement 20m. Side arm to be carried for contact within engagement distance
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:59 pm

Sup guys. Yeah airsoft is pretty big in the UK, for example the Ground Zero Weekender held every year in august. It's not proper MilSim (there are few in the UK) and if it was I wouldn't go because I find them very tedious and more like acting than airsofting.

Think 'MilSim Lite'

http://www.groundzeroweekender.co.uk/

There it is
Over 1000 people attend every year (i believe this year it was 1200+)

FPS restrictions are, as a general rule,

Urban sites; 1J (328fps) for AEGs, Pistols. 400fps for sniper rifles (engagement distances vary) and a sidearm to be caried

Woodland sites; 350fps for AEGs, Pistols, 400fps for semi auto, 500 for bolt action (engagement distances vary) sidearm not necissary.

Lowest engagement distance I've seen is XSite high wycombe with 15m (450fps sniper rifles max)

Highest is my local site at Finmere with 30m (98ft to you yanks Razz) and 500fps limit.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:00 pm

TheJim wrote:

Highest is my local site at Finmere with 30m and 500fps limit.

What's all this "30 meters" talk? I don't understand what you're trying to say. Darn Brits and their fancy terminology.
Smile

Checked out the website. Looks like a blast. I think events I attend are huge when they have 300 people... 1200?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:33 pm

The largest used to be the Berget events, but after the fiasco this year they will be lucky if 100 show up next year, shame really they had a great thing going, really tragic if you think about it, going from 1500 players to 100 just because they let it get to commercial.

To The Jim,

If the Mil/sim events that you attended were more like acting than playing, then they were done wrong, a good mil/sim is all about tactic, out thinking your opponent, gathering information and then later acting on it. I have experianced what you are talking about and it was more re-enactment than game play, also not my style. A good Mil/sim event has a solid story line, good defined teams with special capabilities, and an overall operations plan, teams are responsible for the further development of the game. ORGAS,REFīs, will gently push them along so that a fluid game play is maintained, but in general the Teams have to develop how and what happens. Good examples here are, GAMBIT; PINE BLUFF; STILLETO; CLEAR WATER. Stilleto this year pulled off an AirSoft first, the game was actually played in 2 countries, Germany, and France. They did this by incorperating a rubber boat assault into France, kind of a Commando Raid. Needless to say, the ORGAS for that event are receiving nothing but praise by the entire Airsoft Community here.

So donīt give up on Mil/sim Events, unless they are really not your style, Speed games are also alot of fun.

Different stokes, for different folks !!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:51 pm

Here are a few pics !!

Welcome to France,
If you Ever Get to Europe 1222017289_resized

If you Ever Get to Europe 1222017294_resized

If you Ever Get to Europe 1222017307_resized

Yes !!!! Jesus Plays AirSoft !!!!

If you Ever Get to Europe 1222017302_resized

cheers cheers

Hope you Like !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you Ever Get to Europe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: Pictures/Videos-
Jump to: