Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

If you Ever Get to Europe

Go down 
+8
house119
M14 double-taps
sticks.13
Alabama_Sniper
dman12564sniper
Admin
DOA Draven
slob212
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:16 am

Wow I am impressed , great pics , the biggest vehicles we have used in an airsoft war were three old army jeeps , a golf cart , and a old Bluck and black Chevy truck .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:13 pm

30 metres is 98ft! Happy now? Razz

And yeah GZ got 1255 this year I just checked. It was 1100 last year and it's sooo much fun.

Slob, the reason I'm not a fan of MilSim is because there are SO many people and SO much to remember, and when you're hit you have to be out of the game for like ages, that hit taking is APPALLING and the marshals are so few and far between that it never gets properly seen-to. No matter how well organised it is there will always be a good group of people who don't take their hits.

As for having a storyline- that totally bores me and i see that it distracts other players. The teams never work as a fully coordinated single unit because groups come from everywhere and there a huge amount of players. It's also very difficult to know where you are supposed to be at certain times, and the gameplay is never very fluid and dynamic it tends to be patchy and confusing at times.

Jim
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:20 pm

The pics look great!

The whole situation is very 'SEAL' like Smile. How many people showed for the river event?

Guys I might be moving to Europe, I just need to perfect my spanish; and learn all those funky metric system measurements.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:24 pm

TheJim, I agree with you fully, alot of MIL/Sims do get out of control, and some of the story lines are so out of this world that you could never incorperate them into an AS event, but Shocked , on the other hand, when a good Mil/sim is properly organized, well written, and the rules are enforced, INHO there is nothing better. Examples being the last 2 Mil/Sim events, Golden Horizon and Stilleto, Refīs/Judges were embedded with each team, Respawn time was kept to a Fair 30 min ( and believe me, you were happy for the break pale ), all players were honest and admitted to every hit, and both events were stuctured so that TEAMS had to work together in order to accomplish their mission objectives.

As in any style of play, Fun,Speed,Mil,Real, or Re-Enactment, the quality of play is based largly on the Quality of Players ! You can have a fantastic game Planned, but as soon as 1 or more players Switch on the Don't use the Lord's name in vain. mode ( Cheat ), everybody starts to loose intrest, and before you know it, the Event was a waste of time. ( One of the reasons why I am a firm believer in BLACK LISTS )

Like I said before, a Mil/sim is not for everybody, just like Speed games are not everybodies cup of tea, We all have different likes and dislikes, but donīt give up on one or the other just because of a bad experiance.

Sticks13, there were almost 160 players, Commandos, Militants, Break Away factions, Regular Forces, Designated Sniper Teams ( if I remember correctly, 12, 2 man Teams ). The event was CQB,Woodland,River.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:27 pm

WOW-that event looks like my type of game. One question- has anybody ever dropped their replica in the water?? I know I would be paranoid of my gun accidentaly slipping.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Airsoft guns tend to be relatively unaffected by just falling in water as long as the battery connection is sealed, just dropping it in and taking it straight back out shouldn't be a problem at all.

jim
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 3:29 pm

I've heard of guns getting ruined in water(but those people jumped in the water/swimming pool on purpose to show off).
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 7:19 pm

If you drop your gun in water, it's best to take it out straight away, diconnest the battery and strip it down and dry off any large excess of water, then leave the rest to dry out. as long as it wasn't in there too long there should be no major problems.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:07 pm

I had friends who tried to make watertight AEG's. they didn't work out to well. You need the inside of the gun to be at 1 atmosphere and watertight, which means warapping a miniature scuba tank to your gun. (Its probably been done before) unless they make a airsoft gun that uses water pressure and metal bbs... affraid
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 4:00 am

It has happened that a few guns have landed in the drink, all dummy corded so nothing was lost, as far as damage goes, all guns continued the event without any problems.

We have experimented with submerging guns in water and seeing how well they work later. To build an airtight AEG is impossible, entirely to many areas where watter can get in.

The weak spots are the Battery connector, Switch Assembley, and motor, contrary to poular belief, water is not that dangerous for our guns, you can play in the Rain, and extremely humid climates without any problems, it just requires a higher level of maintaince later.

If you visit some RC sites check out how most of them will reccomend submerging your Motor in water to correctly break it in, I have tried it on some cheap motors with no apparent damage, and have to admit the motors work great.

Here is some fun stuff to look at, donīt reccomend doing it, but fun just the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0sXV7WbCgI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gONiTDuqzk0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlF1aCgecEM
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:02 pm

Whoah-thats good to know. I play in the rain often with my thompson....something about dodging MG fire and the water kicking up everywhere, then sliding through the mud into that fox hole and returning fire....ahem. anyways, well no joke thats interesting stuff, thanks for the helpfull reply. You learn something new everyday!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:01 am

Everybody gets nervous about playing in the rain, and I think it is because of all the things we are taught about Electricity, most of them being wrong. Water is actually a very poor conductor of electricity, and even more so considering the low voltage and Amp levels required to operate our guns. The rain will cause more damage to the metal parts of the guns than the electrical.

Taps, Iīm with you, Love playing in the Rain cheers and even better on rainy nights !! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:30 am

hey next person heading for the UK remember to pick me up and shove me in a bag
I need to live over their Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:11 am

We'd be glad to have you mate!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you Ever Get to Europe   If you Ever Get to Europe - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you Ever Get to Europe
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: Pictures/Videos-
Jump to: