Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

CO2 vs Green gas/propane

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

CO2 vs Green gas/propane Empty
PostSubject: CO2 vs Green gas/propane   CO2 vs Green gas/propane Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Hello, I was wondering which would be the best to use. I have heard that CO2 is better in cold weather, but CO2 is harder on internals and is more powerful. I think that green gas/propane would be better because it would shoot slower and it would put less stress on the internals. Also, I could use green gas/propane in both of the guns I am looking at instead of having to use CO2 for the assault rifle and green gas for the pistol.
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: CO2 vs Green gas/propane   CO2 vs Green gas/propane Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:05 pm

I don't know much about gas replicas, and I have always used C02. it's never been a problem because the gun I used was made to use C02. however, guns that aren't made for C02 will probably be damaged by the higher pressure that C02 puts on the gun. Although it's more expensive, I would only put green gas through guns that weren't made specifically for C02. plus, you're probly gonna be using a pistol for CQB which means that there will be lower fps limits and C02 usually shoots too fast for CQB.
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: CO2 vs Green gas/propane   CO2 vs Green gas/propane Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:24 pm

The assault rifle can either use CO2 or green gas/propane. The pistol can only use green gas/propane. I think that using green gas/propane is more practical than using CO2.
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: CO2 vs Green gas/propane   CO2 vs Green gas/propane Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Ojtiger57 wrote:
The assault rifle can either use CO2 or green gas/propane. The pistol can only use green gas/propane. I think that using green gas/propane is more practical than using CO2.
I wouldn't know seeing as I've never used green gas. but if the rifle can run C02, might as well. it's cheaper and I don't think it makes enough of a difference in performance (this is just a guess mind you) to justify the extra cash.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: CO2 vs Green gas/propane   CO2 vs Green gas/propane Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Someone who is guessing shouldn't be giving advice.

Personally, I like propane or green gas. C02 beats up the internals and decreases the gun's lifespan overall. If you're running two gas guns, you may as well just bring along propane (and propane accessories Very Happy) so you don't have to carry C02 AND GG/propane
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: CO2 vs Green gas/propane   CO2 vs Green gas/propane Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:54 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Personally, I like propane or green gas. C02 beats up the internals and decreases the gun's lifespan overall. If you're running two gas guns, you may as well just bring along propane (and propane accessories Very Happy) so you don't have to carry C02 AND GG/propane
I agree.
CO2 vs Green gas/propane IUoAbh9ujp6hd3gnmX31Hi8So1_500

C02 is expensive, unwieldy, and can prove damaging to your replica's internals. Straight propane would be the most economical and practical. Don't bother yourself with "green gas"...it's rebranded propane with low-end silicone oil drizzled ontop. I would check out the Airsoft Innovations adapter...I hear they're noyce. Lube regularly and you'll be fine,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CO2 vs Green gas/propane   CO2 vs Green gas/propane Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CO2 vs Green gas/propane
Page 1 of 1