Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

green gas vs propane

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

green gas vs propane Empty
PostSubject: green gas vs propane   green gas vs propane Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:01 pm

does it hurt to use propane in a green gas gun

Thank You
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: green gas vs propane   green gas vs propane Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Green Gas is propane with silicon and a funny scent(the local store sells some that smells like lime). If you get a propane adapter you can not use the large containers(the ones for grill), you have to use the ones for the camp stoves, and other stuff that they sell at Walmart.

sticks
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: green gas vs propane   green gas vs propane Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:19 pm

but does it hurt the gun because propane doesnt have silicon in it. and does propane last longer
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: green gas vs propane   green gas vs propane Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:19 pm

I use Propane. I bought a Propane Adapter after about 2 years of Green Gas.....and I have two broken gas guns. It is very confusing. Now, normally I wouldn't think any of these problems could be caused by Propane, but ever since I've made the big switch:
~Two mags (one from a Luger, one from a KWA .45) have started leaking gas tremendous ammounts.
~Pieces in the gun (Usually rather small pieces) Have shattered
~more jams/clogs WAYY more (Even though I lube them up regularly)
But, It is ALOT cheaper, and I still am not sure These problems are caused by Propane. So I will continue using it, and will keep you guys posted on what happens, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: green gas vs propane   green gas vs propane Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 3:00 am

Id say green gas for the fact that from experience, propane tends to dry out seals that green gas lubricates and keeps in good condition. Nothing you can't replace, but id say green or red gas is the way to go if you have a higher end gun.

In my book its allways better to keep your gun in good condition then go cheapy, and it not to last long!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: green gas vs propane   green gas vs propane Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:32 pm

March ARB is right in the fact the propane will not lubricate your gun in the same way green gas will. But the directions on the propane adaptor sugest you lubricate your adaptor which in turn also lubricates your gun the same way green gas lubricates. I forget what the directions say about the lubrication ratio. I'm going to pick up an adaptor here pretty soon, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Oh BTW there's roughly 5X more gas in the disposible propane bottles.

sticks
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: green gas vs propane   green gas vs propane Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:50 pm

ya i am just going to keep using green gas.
Back to top Go down
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: green gas vs propane   green gas vs propane Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:57 pm

don't be smoking when your filling your clips sticks lol
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: green gas vs propane   green gas vs propane Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 5:43 pm

That always scared the crap out of me when I used to play paintball. Some guys would always light up 3in away from Co2 or propane..... Am I alone in this?

sticks
Back to top Go down
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: green gas vs propane   green gas vs propane Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:38 pm

ive never paintballed but i do know how you feel. That kind of thing is how people are missing fingers...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: green gas vs propane   green gas vs propane Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

green gas vs propane
Page 1 of 1