Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Time to Build !!!

Go down 
+10
Alabama_Sniper
pasniper21
got ambushed?
elementfrvr
kkoerber
airsoft22595
sticks.13
Lone Wolf
M14 double-taps
slob212
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:14 pm

Ah very nice , not that I am asking you to sell it or I want to buy it or anything like that , but what would the retail price on a gun like this be , and how much do you this that you will have into it after it becomes finished . One more question , when do you expect it to be done , and how long is the average build .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Hey one thing... Just post pics when it is done I have to see this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:51 pm

@Alabama_Sniper

I have seen the JP Arms CTR-02 in AirSoft selling for as high as 1100$ and starting at about
400$, all based on the level of tuning and GOODIES attached, when I am done I´ll have about 300-350$ invested, I managed to cut costs on some things ( and those savings are going into the HELLO KITTY M4 ) , most of the parts I´ve had laying around ( GB PARTS ) from other builds.

There is no such thing as an Average Build, your time required is all based on, What you are going after, A complete custom Gun, depending on the demands you are putting on it could easily take up to a year or more, Fabricating parts, plans, design failures, new starts and so on.

If you are building an after market version of a Gun, M-4 Patriot as an example, all parts on hand, you can build a gun from the ground up in a weekend, including custom Paint.

If you are thinking about trying your hand at it, I would reccomend you pick up a few cheap GB´s, tear them down to the last screw, put them back together, test them, then do it again, once you have the hang of it, then start Tuning them. Tuning requires more attention to detail, the demands on the GB are alot higher, and there is less room for mistakes.
When you have the GB´s full under control, the cosmetics are Easy, even when it comes to doing intense modifications on Bodies, Barrels, Butt Stocks, Muzzle Brakes.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:59 pm

I can build the gun , I know that I can , ( notice the basic optimisism 101 ) , and I probally could paint it , but my buddy is really good at doing the paint jobs on an airsoft gun . So he probally will do that step for me , to keep from highjacking your forum , I would apriciate that anymore tips you give me will be through pmings . Oh , and thank you .
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:16 pm

No Problem, and tha goes for anybody else that needs help or is getting the itch to try it on thier own.
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:48 am

Alright this is a really N00B question but I am very confuse on wat you are doing, are you putting a gun together from different parts or are you redoing a already built gun?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:24 am

Building a gun from the ground up. an airsoft version of the CTR-02.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:51 am

Slob if I were to say do this build on my own wouldn't I need to first make the CNC guides for cutting the metal for the body. Not to mention getting professional help with the CNC process?
Or did you guys order a CTR body kit?
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Yeah I would like to know how to get the basic design of the body as well , I am try to to try a PSG 1 build , the internals , at first I thought would be the hard part , actually seems now easier than the externals .
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:17 pm

The company that I work for has multiple CNC Machines, but after 3 failed attempts I ordered the Body, and I must say it is a beauty, don´t think I could have pulled this design off by myself.

Desinging the body is not that difficult, the things that need to be looked after are the internal specs, space for the GB, Butt Stock Adapter, magazine well, Hop-Up position, once you have the internal areas mapped out, the outside cosmetics are just a matter of taste.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:24 pm

Ah well then that I can handle , I have great taste , lol . But I really am great at design .
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:44 am

Pre-Assembly,

Time to Build !!! - Page 2 DSC04808-1

Time to Build !!! - Page 2 DSC04809-1

Now it´s time for the Fine tuning, slight body mods, and installation of the rest of the cosmetics !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:12 pm

Ah very nice , I looked at the SG1 and it faovrs the G a whole lot , was I looking at the right one .
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:58 pm

When you're done just send the gun to me.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Beautiful gun Slob!

Thats kinda like what I was going to make my JP like, however I was going for the OD look instead... It looks better than I thought black.

sticks
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:14 pm

FIRST ONE. like delta force for airsoft. sorry if that was a bit affraid
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:53 pm

White Wolf? What are you saying???

---------------

Slob I'm so psyched about your project. I can't wait to see the finished product. It takes alot of time and elbow grease to get something like that done...and I though building MORTARS was hard...haha

Great work
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:05 am

The gun is finnished and other pics are posted here,

Picture/Videos

http://www.airsoftallies.com/pictures-videos-f21/what-i-drag-around-during-games-events-t1403.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to Build !!!   Time to Build !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to Build !!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2