Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Survival kits, bug out bags ect.

Go down 
+2
Nnamkied
lonesniper24
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Empty
PostSubject: Survival kits, bug out bags ect.   Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:13 am

Sadly I have seen this site has died, hopefully it will make it's way back up to the glory it used to be. So the best way I know how is make some posts, and hope for some quality answers. I may post things that have been in previous threads, and forgive me for that. But if it seems new people may start joining again just go with it.

Back on topic, I've been watching a lot of survival shows, and well just stuff on TV I know it may not be real or ever happen, but I have made a BOB (bug out bag) survival back, whatever you want to call it. The pourpose of this is to keep people alive in whatever situation they may find them self. Emergency situations where your place of resedency may not be a safest place to stay. I will list examples of reason these are a great thing to have for that just in case moment.

Considering the region I live in it is specifically made for me, but most of the stuff is standard and people should keep it with them give or take a few things here and there.

Equipment List

Bag

Military grade ALICE 72hr Ruck sack

Food

2 bags of dried plums
2 bags of rice
1 trail mix
4 ramen noodle packs
2 canteens (filled at all times water is alternated every few days)
8oz of ground coffee
4 lipton tea packets
10oz sugar
10oz salt
4 McD's packs of pepper
1 spork
2 sets of chopsticks
Metal cup w/ attached lid
Homeaid Alcohol stove
1 1/2 gallon water container

Clothing

1 ACU (trousers and blouse)
1 ACU boonie
4 pairs of wool socks
2 pairs of underware
1 thermal pants
1 pair of thermal gloves
1 water resistant jacket
1 red bandanna

Basic gear
4 season sleeping bag
1 tent (person)

Equipment

3 compasses
1 map WY/CO
1 Flashlight
1 2 way radio w/ extra batteries
2 knives
1 sharpening stone
4 cigarette lighters
1 zippo lighter
12 flints for zippo
8oz bottle of lighter fluid
150ft of paracord
1 mirror
Basic fishing kit
Sewing kit
Binoculars

Medical/hygenical

2 tooth burshes
1 tube of tooth paste
2 hotel soap bars
1 shaving razor
Paper towls
1 stick of Deodorant
Bandaids (get as many types as possible)
Bandage
10 sterile gauze pads
Sergical tape
Rubbing alcohol
Hydrogenperoxide
Eye drops
Chap stick
Lotion
Bottle of pills. Basic things painkillers anti bacterial pills, iodine tablets.
Sunglasses
12 tampons
Chlorine Bleech

Misc. Stuff

Aluminum foil
Plastic bags
Zip ties
10ft of heavy duty plastic
Survival book
Pens/pencils
Paper
Rubberbands

I am always willing to add more as needed, I may also have stuff that I forgot to list as this is coming off the top of my head. The pack it's self is about half full and I will would like it to be packed all the way. Weight may be a pain but at least I will have stuff I will need, and be better prepared for a situation then somebody else.
I do live in desert conditions. Summers get hot and dry, and winters are cold, snow is very dry as well. Streams and rivers are rare, depending on where I am but I stay within a 50 mile radius of someplace that will have water no mater what condition.

Anyways enough of me, you guys can post yours, comment on mine, do whatever feels right.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Nnamkied
Private
Private
Nnamkied

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits, bug out bags ect.   Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:46 pm

primary/ sidearm? or is the reason for everybody being dead non hostile? Razz

i would only grab a bow when the shtuff reallllly hits the fan. like everybody is dead. grab a bow, what else can you make ammo for? if there are some survivors i would grab my remington 700 in 223
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits, bug out bags ect.   Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:40 pm

I woudn't bring a remington... I would bring a nagant, sidearm, and crossbow.
Back to top Go down
Nnamkied
Private
Private
Nnamkied

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits, bug out bags ect.   Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:54 pm

down with you and your nagant! gross.... get a more common caliber
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits, bug out bags ect.   Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 pm

well...the gun is very reliable and the ammunition is common enough....in a zombie apocolyspe the fleet farms would be full of them.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits, bug out bags ect.   Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:22 am

Well, I wasn't exactly planning on having to deal with a zombie apocolips. IMO it's not my main worry in life. I think I'm more worried about the asvab test and the fact I feel too dumb to even be marine infantry :p (I tried a pretest w/o a scrap sheet of paper and scored less then half.)

Anyways let's try not to verge off topic, without mods, and considering how the site is looking right now...well yeah we need to just stay on topic.

In the case of a hostile force invading my area, I would take my 1911 and call it a day, I have two knifed one being a wanna be K-bar but non the less it's lethal. 4.5pm blade in the giggled should do a trick.

In a scenario I would more likely be faced with getting lost or something. I know how to make a bow, and arrows can be made as well. The bow may not be perfect, but I have confidence that I would be able to take out small game (rabbits, squirrels, parrie dogs ect) and depending on the quality of material, I may even be able to produce one that would allow me to hunt large game.

In my oppinion it would be more reliable then any rifle, and cut back on weight extrodanarly. Since it would all be naturally found material, if something were to break, it fixable without any body else.

Snare Traps can also be made for passive hunting, and getting a meal (maybe)

Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits, bug out bags ect.   Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:01 am

In the event where a bug out bag is required, I would carry the basics we have from our back country canoeing, so you can get a basic idea. It fits in a 'portage pack' which is a three day assault pack without the assault.
On the topic of survival bows/self-bows. In the event that you need to make one, go for red cedar, some forms of pine, yew, lemonwood(rare), And some birch work. The grain of the wood is important. I'd get some experience before trying that when an invasion/zombie outbreak/Anarchy/SHTFect happens, it's not something to learn on the fly.
Back on my gear, I'd carry a crossbow for weaponry, it is silent, can carry varied optics, and some even can fit into a m4/16 receiver! The only issue is the wide arms, which in some military models can be stored in a way that they do not cause any issue.
The use of firearms, although having advantages to range, speed of reload, and fear factor, they give your position away nearly instantly, a bow, or other silent form of weapon allow you some extra time to get out of the area. There is also a practical advantage to bows with the ability to make your own ammo on the fly, I have yet to see a disaster film where the hero starts making bullets by the hundreds to keep himself protected.
More rambling as I find more related topics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits, bug out bags ect.   Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Bow wins! Razz Although, having tried my hand at making a bow and fletching arrows, i can say it's not easy. It would take some practice. I say go with a knife. You can also make fairly effective "spears" (glorified stakes) out of any kind of hardwood sapling (I use cedar).
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits, bug out bags ect.   Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:34 pm

If you intend on using a bow, get a bow ready before trouble strikes, that's why it's called a bug out bag, it's always there so when you go bug out, you don't have to decide between your two favorite K-bars, you have your $hitty one in the bag, ready to use Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits, bug out bags ect.   Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:41 am

Trauma/Action-Medic Bag
1x - Cervical Collar
2x - Medical Adhesive Roll
1x - Trauma Sheers
4x - 4x30 Gauze Roll
10x - 3''x3'' Gauze Sponges
2x - Feminine Pad (Great as gauze supplement)
1x - Canon Powershot Camera
1x - Rescue Mask
1x - Laptop Power Cord
1x - Portable Electronics Solar Panel
2x - Splint Rolls
2x - Instant Cold Pack
2x - Electrolyte Replacement Solution
1x - ADC Adscope
1x - ADC Proscope Aneroid Sphygmomanometer
20x - Misc. Small Bandages
1x - Suture Kit
2x - LAW Solution (for pepper spray and tear gas neutralization)
1x - Ringer's Solution 500ml
1x - Purified Water
1x - 800ml Peroxide Scrub
5x - Ammonia Inhalants
1x - Small Tweezers
1x - Sabre Pepper Spray
5x - Bio-containment Bags
1x - M9 Gas Mask
2x - Replacement M9 filters
1x - Emergency Blanket/Shelter
...various misc non-emergency drugs.

Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Pictur10

Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Pictur11

Excused the pictures, I had to use my webcam -_- Not all items pictured, the rest is in my car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits, bug out bags ect.   Survival kits, bug out bags ect. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survival kits, bug out bags ect.
Page 1 of 1