Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Major problem with m4

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
airsoft22595
Sergeant
Sergeant
airsoft22595

Major problem with m4 Empty
PostSubject: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Ok well i charged my battery for my m4 put it in 30minutes after charge.Then put it on semi auto and pull the trigger.No fire,so i took it inside and took apart the stock to see if i can figure out what is wrong.Plug in battery without stock and then i noticed my fuse turned red.What turned red was the little peice of metal inside of it.All the wires are blazing hot and battery heated up.Anyone know what might be wrong or know how to fix this problem?NO matter what i do it wont fire.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:07 pm

Its not that hard, just get a new fuse.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:12 pm

I was just about to say that Lone Wolf. But it doesn't matter,at least you got the job done! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
airsoft22595
Sergeant
Sergeant
airsoft22595

PostSubject: Re: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:28 pm

Ok thank you for your help.Ill know that for next m4 i get i am not even going to bother wasting 20-30$ on a fuse for a gun that is about to cost a fortune to fix.luckily i already replaced it 2 months ago although i wish to use my m4 again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:41 am

The fuse is not the problem, the fuse is giving you the warning that you have an electrical problem with your gun.

Does the Fuse start to Glow right after you plug in the Battery? Short Circut, in the wiring.

Does the fuse Glow after or when you pull the trigger ? Short on the switch assembly, or GB Jam. Can also be that the Battery is reverse poled and your motor is attempting to spin backwards, ( Also check the connections on your motor for reverse poling )
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:23 pm

Ok and a fuse doesn't cost 20-30$
I can go pick up a small box of 4 for less than $5
Back to top Go down
airsoft22595
Sergeant
Sergeant
airsoft22595

PostSubject: Re: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:02 pm

It glows instantly so i guess i have an electrical problem ty
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:04 pm

well it may do good to check your wires for exposed copper and stuff like that
Im not really sure what else to do
Back to top Go down
LaserSailorRy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:03 am

Have you tried using a different battery? What Voltage is your battery? What is the make of your gun?

What happening is the battery is either shorting out somewhere (most likely) or perhaps the motor is burnt out.

Smell the grip, does it smell burnt? Take the motor out and hook it up to a small power source (do not exceed 9v or you WILL ruin your motor) does it spin? If not, there's your problem, a burnt out motor.

Follow the wires and make sure they are not crossed or frayed. If you find crossed frayed wires then you should fix that and retry the gun. You may have to replace wires, just take the ones you pull out to a radio shack and find the same gauage.

Open that gun up and find the problem, most faults are fixable with a little luck and know how.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:26 am

your looking for 16gauge wires. and you would need to buy new tamiya heads. Or buy a complete wiring harness from a airsoft store. Making sure it is the right length for your gun.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:59 pm

When your fuse glows as soon as you hook a battery up to the wiring harness, you have a short, somewhere along the harness you are closing the circuit, and shorting out the gun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major problem with m4   Major problem with m4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Major problem with m4
Page 1 of 1