Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Most Feared Opponent

Go down 
+18
panic324
white wolf
AFU
lonesniper24
Satan
slob212
pasniper21
TheJim
Alabama_Sniper
M14 double-taps
Lone Wolf
sticks.13
Jman
.25 Gram Sniper
djstasevich
Admin
kkoerber
Sniper004
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Most Feared opponent
Sniper
Most Feared Opponent Vote_lcap26%Most Feared Opponent Vote_rcap
 26% [ 10 ]
DM (Combat Marksmen)
Most Feared Opponent Vote_lcap8%Most Feared Opponent Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Riflemen
Most Feared Opponent Vote_lcap11%Most Feared Opponent Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Support Gunner
Most Feared Opponent Vote_lcap16%Most Feared Opponent Vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
Anti Sniper
Most Feared Opponent Vote_lcap21%Most Feared Opponent Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
CQB Expert
Most Feared Opponent Vote_lcap3%Most Feared Opponent Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Other
Most Feared Opponent Vote_lcap15%Most Feared Opponent Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

Most Feared Opponent Empty
PostSubject: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:16 am

i was just wondering what class of player you fear most. i fear Anti snipers most
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:19 am

i don't like support gunners because they lay down the plastic (lol) and that makes it hard for me to do my job as spotter/sniper/CQB so i think that they are the hardest enemy to come by.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:41 am

I'd have to say the support gunner if we're talking in general. It all really depends on the situation I'm in. But 9 times out of 10 I'll be more likely to take cover and rethink strategies due to a support gunner who knows what he's doing. Snipers are of course usually awful to go against due to their quiet rifles and stealth, but they also typically run alone. I can usually count on as soon as I get pinned down by a support gun, there being several more opponents flanking my position (the simple nature of a squad effectively using a support gunner).
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:04 pm

I hate being sniped on the field, mostly becoause I don't have the range they do, but a team of riflemen could easily take down a sniper with good tactics. In that case a groups of DM or riflemen would be feared, it all depends on the role you play.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:57 pm

I would say(for me) the sniper is the most feared opponent. Just think about it, you could be walking inside of your own territory not even knowing that a sniper's crosshairs are on your chest following you. That scares the heck out of me. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:14 pm

I would say CQB Expert because if you are running between building like i do a cqb person can get me. This is why I am getting an hk5 to have on my back.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:43 pm

Riflemen, because everyone underestimates them. All the amazing airsoft players that know are riflemen. Well except for one who is a SAW gunner.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:00 pm

I voted other. It depends on skill in feild-craft and the physical advantages i.e. the gun.

If I were you snipers. i'd be pretty afraid of that antisniper ready to knock you off your perch!
as for me, im more fearful of the squad than the sniper, unless the sniper is a amazing shot with his gun he only has one shot where as running into a bunch of people w/ carbine accurate rifles I would be pretty afraid.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:28 pm

ohhhhh great poll. I picked a DM, but I guess it could be a Rifleman too. I am always afraid whenever I find a loophole in the enemy stategy, like a plot of land that could easily turn their flanks, for example. I'm always afraid to use it because I'm afraid they WANT me to use it, and purposeley let a skilled Rifleman/DM stay back there. Also, I would charge much more often If there wasn't the threat of DMs. I'm never afraid of Snipers when I charge, though. I am really afraid of snipers, but I didnt pick them because I always LOVE doing text-book style tactical advances on their position Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:36 pm

Quote :
I always LOVE doing text-book style tactical advances on their position Twisted Evil

Do you mind Pm'ing me these kind of tactics. I'm a sniper so I can use these tactics against the other team if they find me.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:26 pm

I am a sniper I have no fear , lol yeah right , Anti- Sniper's deffinately . They are more of a nuisance than a help . I am incharge of training a new member to our team and he is our anti sniper . With the right training antisnipers can be a problem .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:59 pm

What the heck is your definition of an 'antisniper'?!

I chose other because my most feared enemy is a well-organised squad. They can quickly find and communicate my position, put a lot of fire down and advance on me. This is usually what causes me to get hit, that or me being lazy/ careless with my fieldcraft or awareness if i'm tired.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:06 am

an anti sniper is someone who specifically specializes in combating snipers... they are often ex snipers who chose this role instead of normal sniper objectives.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:45 pm

I commonly find that most peoples definition of an Anti Sniper is actually more of a DM. A DM fills many more roles than just a long range shooter. Unless your playing at a sniper OP or one with more than 5 sniper teams on each side with a smaller field a designated "anti sniper" is useless. You will also find alot of people who go to an event expecting to be an "anti sniper" and end up being a DM because there is little or no prey for them. In my opinion DM's should draw alot more fear than most if not all "anti snipers" should.

sticks
Back to top Go down
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:50 pm

I voted anti-sniper because being a sniper just knowing theres someone after you and only you makes me always check my backside and such.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:23 pm

Luckfully , thats what a spotter is for , I am more of a Mobile sniper during battle so anti-snipers aren't that bad .
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:35 am

Most Feared Opponent, ?????

One that is well orginized and disciplined !!!!

The `` SHOOTERSīī are easy prey, itīs the `` PLAYERīī that thinks twice, looks before he/she moves, keeps the objective in mind, and works with everybody that is the real Danger Twisted Evil

Anti-Sniper ???? This is New Smile The best cure for a Sniper, is another Sniper ! Counter Sniping is one of the Objectives of a Sniper Team.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:41 pm

I fear the commander most. Some of you might have heard me say this before but I look at a team as cerberus the three headed dog the commander heavy gunners and sniper are all the heads kill them and everything else dies. Kill the commander you sever communications cause confusion and strike fear that the commander is dead. This hardy rocks the sniper but if you cna kill a commander you can kill a sniper so take him out then kill heavy gunners so your men can freely move. Thus how can a DM snipe with no cover he falls. How can a CQC expert work with no big guns behind him. Not to offend anyone but anti snipers are jokes target pratice for me. And without their commander or sqaud how can infantry operate. I fear the commander because if I can't kill him I can't start the domino effect.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:56 pm

I would almost agree with you Satan, but with a good orginized team, there gives a CHAIN of Command, remove the Head and the next pops up in itīs place, remove any player, depending on how well organized and how well each team works together all you have achieved is to give away your position.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:53 am

Instead of Cerberus , a well organized team is like the Hydra that Hercules faced in the Greek Mythology , take out the CO another will replace him unless that team doesn't have any great leaders amost them , which is why our team has four leaders , a sniper , spotter , rifleman , and engineer , who are all great leaders and each commamand a small group when nessecary . It is kind of confusing , but it means that each of us four command a group of either snipers , sabotuers ( Engineers ) , riflemen , or spotters ( usually when away from the sniper the spotter becomes a support gunner or rifleman depends on where and when needed ) , this all leads into a cycle that makes your Domino Effect , Satan , not impossible , yet harder to activate , so I will say , and slob212 it is your post that made me think of the Hydra . Thank you for reading .

....................... Alabama_Sniper ..........................
Back to top Go down
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Ya i agree with you two. If the commander falls the team, if well organzied, should have a second in command to take his place. I think i fear cqb experts the least out of the group though. As long as you avoid those close quarters then you should have no problems with them, as they have alot less range then other players.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:13 pm

However most also carry full scale assault rifles along with their cqb weapons .
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:16 pm

I have said this before. I don't think I have ever encountered anyone designated as a 'Commander' in airsoft before. Sure there are people who can organise tactics well and therefore people will take their advice, but if anyone 'ordered' someone to do something they would be told where to shove it, because no one I know takes the game THAT seriously.

A well organised team will co-ordinate themselves using comms and don't need any one person in command.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:19 pm

Thats why we don't have a designated commander , designating a commander will just eventually lead to your down fall from inside , just like Rome . CO's are fine for huge wars with over 300 + people , but I would rather not have one at all . It is fine to has officers to lead others , but not one that leads over all of the soldiers . That is why the highest rank we allow in A.A.E. because of this very reason is Colonel .
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:33 pm

Yeah we don't even have a rank system. Everyone's opinion is worth hearing, we take the best points and formulate a simple, adaptable plan that is very clear to all of us, and keep in constant communication.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Feared Opponent
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: General Airsoft Discussion-
Jump to: