Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Most Feared Opponent

Go down 
+18
panic324
white wolf
AFU
lonesniper24
Satan
slob212
pasniper21
TheJim
Alabama_Sniper
M14 double-taps
Lone Wolf
sticks.13
Jman
.25 Gram Sniper
djstasevich
Admin
kkoerber
Sniper004
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Most Feared opponent
Sniper
Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 10 ]
DM (Combat Marksmen)
Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Riflemen
Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Support Gunner
Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
Anti Sniper
Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
CQB Expert
Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Other
Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:37 pm

Well our ranks really don't mean anything , but they just sounded cool to have at the time , we listen to every ones opinion . The rank system on our team is kind of like a pirate ship captain back in the 16 and 1700's , he only ran the ship in times of war , other than that every one's opinion mattered . We take suggestions from everyone , but when it comes time for a plan to be performed it is up to the highest ranking officers to decide the plan .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:43 pm

Nah we don't even have that, everyone chips in and we decide what to do. We usually think in pretty much the same way as each other anyway....

Jim
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Same goes for use , you ever here the old saying great minds think a like , well if you add and crazy after great then you have our airsoft team .
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:19 pm

TheJim wrote:
I have said this before. I don't think I have ever encountered anyone designated as a 'Commander' in airsoft before. Sure there are people who can organise tactics well and therefore people will take their advice, but if anyone 'ordered' someone to do something they would be told where to shove it, because no one I know takes the game THAT seriously.

A well organised team will co-ordinate themselves using comms and don't need any one person in command.

Jim

As I have said before, I am usually the CO on our team. But really, you make it sound worse than it is. I never "order" anybody anywhere. It is usually just "suggestions" that people take. If somebody dissagrees, which has never even happened, they usually just go off on there own or we just try to work it out to mold there opinion into the plan. But believe me, where I play, each team NEEDS a CO. when we don't, teams bicker and fight and usually get caught because they're so loud.

I can see why where you play, there is no need for a CO.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:27 pm

A Chain of Command is all based on your Style of play,

Fun Players
Speed Players
Mil/Real Sim Players

Fun Players are the players out there on the field that just want to shoot, we have all seen them, the ones with the attitude, `` Hey Buddy, Stick it in your ear, Let me at them !!´´

Speed Players, Games are usualy in the 6 to 12 Hour time Frame, Each team has a Set or many Set Objectives to achieve, a well thought out plan and team work is a must, here is where you start seeing the first sign of a Chain of Command. Everybody working together to achieve a common goal.

Mil/Real Sim, the name says it all Military / Real Simulation, most of these games go for longer than 24 hours, the longest that I have participated in went for 5 days, but this Event is the exception to the rule, 24-48 hours is the average. There are designated Commanders, usualy somebody with a military or law enforcement backround, there are platoon, squad and team leaders, heavy weapons sections, sniper platoons, medics, and depending on the level of detail, supply, cooks, admin, and at one event I was at, they even had a Legal Team.

As you can see that with a Mil-Sim the amount of players, the Objectives to be achieved, the amount of Team work required, having a chain of command is a must. INHO I can´t stand it when I go to an event, and there are 3-400 players running around with no set plan or objective, these kind of events get real boring in about 30 min. Take up a Position, wait 5 Minutes and sombody is going to come your way, take him/her out and wait 5 more minutes, same thing over and over.

But What the Hay, thats just me, I´m a Mil-Sim Junkie Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:38 pm

supportive gunners in a bunker or some type of hole or cover with a slight altitude above you with some nice defenders covering his flanks. because you have NO way of getting him out unless you get a sniper but he may notice and take him out first.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 8:51 pm

I can see where your going slob , but not all players fall into those three types .
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:39 am

Agreed A_S. It really depends on what site you go to and the attitudes of the other players as to what type of player you'll be.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 4:34 pm

wow guys...
Usually we just make a plan of attack and we give different members their responsibilities then we play. We base our plan of attack off of the layout of field, the numbers of opponents, and the objective.
Of course we have some insanely simple ideas. what the hey, they work...most of the time
rarely we really have to do anything complex. I guess thats because we primarily only set 1 objective to the entire game. not multiple or 'fail-safe' objectives incase plan A doesn't work out to well

cop 1: "Is this still plan B"
cop 2: "**** no, this is definitely plan C"
- Bad Boys 2
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 4:39 pm

I don't even see the most feared opponent in that list. . . Anyone know a Marine who likes airsoft?
We'll, the worlds greatest weapon is a Marine and His rifle.

lol Seriously though, if he knows what he is doing, sniper all the way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:03 pm

Quote :
I can see where your going slob , but not all players fall into those three types .

I agree 100% Alabama, but if you just sitback and watch a game or an event, 95% of the players do, it´s that left over 5% that really make a Game or Event the real challenge.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:38 pm

ANTI SNIPER DEATH FROM 100 FT AWAY AHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:14 pm

NECROOOOOOOOOO

(but actually thanks for bringing this back up, I never actually saw it)
Mine is definitely the Des. Marksman. Just because he's got a range near to mine and can put down the plastic at a much higher ROF.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:50 pm

i sat support gunner cus most of them nin my area just spray and pray
Back to top Go down
micr0mac
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:51 pm

id say sniper b/c its probably the most frustrating way to get shot...you're basically helpless
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:44 pm

micr0mac wrote:
id say sniper b/c its probably the most frustrating way to get shot...you're basically helpless
ya but wen u hit a sniper with well an aeg that not a dmr it feels pretty good cus they are usually out of range
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:58 pm

...but if they're out of range all you did was fire blindly until a stray bb went far enough to touch him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:03 pm

panic324 wrote:
...but if they're out of range all you did was fire blindly until a stray bb went far enough to touch him.
ya but the look on his face is usually funny
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:14 pm

I choose other because regardless of weapon or role its the skill, mindset, and instincts of the player that is to be feared. but if you prepare yourself mentally you shud not have any fear on the AS field anyway.
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:15 pm

well ya but if somone points a aeg possibly kwa m4 and ur just waiten for the shot to happen it gets u a liitle scared cus u don't know when he will pull the trigger that swhy i prefer gettng shot randomly not just waiting for it to happen
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:21 pm

But you wouldnt be sitting there waiting for them to shoot if u had a gun of your own.
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:24 pm

o ya ino but like my frend wanted to no if his co2 pistal would hurt me so i let him shoot me but uno wen u stand there waiten for the kidd to shoot u cus uno its going to happen
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:26 pm

That has nothing to do with this topic though.
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:32 pm

o sorry sorry . ya i hate support gunners and actually snipers to
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:57 am

I tend to fear fellow riflemen, because their velocity and rof is likely higher than mine, and they probably use longer bursts than I do. We usually play at close quarters in complete darkness, and nobody I know has a support weapon, but if any of those factors change, my most feared opponent could easily change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Opponent   Most Feared Opponent - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Feared Opponent
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: General Airsoft Discussion-
Jump to: