Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft

Go down 
+4
sticks.13
Seabass_9000
Admin
Roamer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:19 am

I know, pretty stupid topic, but I wanted to start something in this thread.... it was being so neglected.

I really dispise playing in winter ONLY because I am 4 foot nothing 120 lbs j/k. It is WAY too cold out now. I actually love playing midsummer when its just starting to get dark outside, but everybody else is not to fond of this due to the usual intense heat. I just don't like how goggles fog up in 2 minutes flat lol
Question What do you guys prefer!?! scratch
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:20 am

Yeah but when you're six foot, two hundred pounds and out of shape your goggles fog up pretty much every season, no matter the temperature. Smile My favorite times of the year here in Ohio to play is definitely spring. The weather is nice and cool, knowing there's still plenty of time to play before it turns cold again, and the leaves are green - perfect for blending in with. I'm like you though, I hate the intense heat and humidity Ohio's summers can bring Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 1:27 pm

Admin that was uncalled for!!! Im not fat I am just have big bones. Very Happy

My favorite time would have to be spring and early fall. It is sort of cooler here in Ohio and the leaves are on the tree's which provide nice cover. There really isnt as much humidity as normal also.

The summer is normally fair weather other than the 90 + degree days with 70% humidity... feels like a freakin desert sometimes. Smile

Winter kinda sucks because there isnt any kind of cover to speak of, unless you are ultra stealthy. Also the snow cracking under your footsteps doesnt allow you to sneak up on anybody... also a downside.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:19 pm

its kinda Weird but i like the Mid Summer, or the Mid Winter. i think extreme conditions give a nice challenge to the player(s) involved in the game. it also make tactics harder. i remember that the initial plan for OP Al Najaf was to go straight for the Obj. < this is usually avoided because of the obvious ambush tactics that are used by defending teams. but it was too hot to make a flanking maneuver and have an effective fighting force in the heat (high 90's). so to sum it up i think it makes it funner in extreme conditions.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:28 pm

okay, sticks.13... what do you think about winter now lol how much snow did you guys get up there anyways. I am sure we will find out pretty soon b/c once it melts up there it travels down here and takes a break in my back yard. The last flood (mostly from melting snow) actually took out a lot of my speed ball course behind my house. It looks pretty bad, but I guess it is gonna get worse before I can work on it.

Screw this blizzard business. Spring can come anytime!!!
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 11:44 pm

up here we usually get 4-6in. nuthin much but enough to be fun.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:01 pm

YAY!!! Spring is coming and with it more green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 7:13 pm

lol its almost April and it hasent been 60 in over 7 months.

BRING ON GLOBAL WARMING!!!!

sticks
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:17 pm

No joke. Everytime I have played airsoft this year, which has been quite a bit actually, I have had to jog in place to maintain a pleasant core temperature. lol. I don't know how you can stand winter sticks.13 lol In case you haven't got the picture I am anerexic lol
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 5:55 pm

winters excellent.... in moderate doses. i would say that i can stand the extreme cold for awile, but for 7 months?

i admit though that i am an extreme heat kinda guy, i went down to florida a couple of times and i felt cold in thee 90 deg heat so i put on a sweatshirt in the evenings.

airsoft in winter=win if it isnt too wet

airsoft in extreme heat=win all the time(if you have water)

sticks
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:48 am

soooo maybe here soon we can get some green lol. I am tired of waiting, bring on the heat
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:21 pm

Roamer wrote:
No joke. Everytime I have played airsoft this year, which has been quite a bit actually, I have had to jog in place to maintain a pleasant core temperature. lol. I don't know how you can stand winter sticks.13 lol In case you haven't got the picture I am anerexic lol

I know I do not live in Ohio, but I just needed to input. Winter is my FAVORITE time for airsoft, but only if theres snow on the ground. I'm with you, Sticks....I LOOOOOVE winter Airsoft!! so does my airsofting buddy (Who is getting an account here soon) We look forward to snowy airsoft fields alll year. It feels so realistic, like were in Bastogne. It also gives me and everybody else a chance to wear all those cool, SUPER realistic airsoft jackets, winter coats, and other thick clothing items that you wish to wear in the summer and spring SO BAD, but It's just to hot. I also love the snow-flying effect. Sniper kicks up the snow at your feet and sends you running. Or, You have been sittting there for almost ten minutes now, trying to see if there is anybody in that foxhole up ahead.....Everything is white, and there are branches all over around the foxhole.....you think its clear....you raise your Thompson up to your shoulder, cock your 1911 and holster it, and avance, your Thompson up to your shoulder. you get within twenty feet and then you hear an automatic burst and the snow is kicking up everywhere....Its an occupied machine gun nest!! Lol, sorry for that. I love the rugged, realistic, FREEZING conditions. Even though they're uncomfortable, It BEING uncomfortable is what makes it so realistic. And, is it just me or does it always seem DEATHLY quiet when theres snow on the ground and your in the woods? It makes it eerie. I don't know, could just be me. Well, thats just my opinion.

Last edited by M14 double-taps on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:56 pm

woot!! winter airsoft...
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 4:38 pm

I like Winter Airsoft, beceause you can make your own cover easeir (Well packed snow is also a good hiding place), and The cold makes me feel like I am in Stalingrad facing oncoming German Infantry and snipers. This may sound weird but I am a WWII historian in the making, and like to put myself in thes situations
Back to top Go down
got ambushed?
Corporal
Corporal
got ambushed?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:54 am

yeah i love playing in winter because in your yard you can make forts out of it and m14 itts not permanate forts!!!and can be easily changed. In your yard you and a few other people can start at seperate ends and work your way up to each other with variouse forts. But i love playing airsoft no matter what season it is its still awsome no matter what
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft   Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Time for Ohio Airsoft
Page 1 of 1