Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Gun painting

Go down 
+2
L96-Sniper
Ace
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 9:39 pm

I plan on painting my L96 when it gets here and was wondern what colors to use and any good patterns to use. Thanks for any help u can give.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 9:46 pm

Check out the shotgun that Roamer and I painted. Can't remember what section it is in, but I believe the title is "TM SPAS 12 Painted". Hopefully that helps.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
L96-Sniper
Private
Private
L96-Sniper

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:20 pm

Check out the Youtube video on my webpage:
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com/videos.html (I think about halfway down the page)

It gives you a fairly effective way to spray paint your gun - but be careful! Make sure you use the right type of paint and pay very close attention to detail. Also, just use the base colors of OD green, black, brown, and possibly some tan (depending upon your environment).
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:54 pm

Walmart offers fusion camo paint for plastics, metals...etc. I will get a list of numbers for you when I get a chance. My suggestion is, if you are comfortable with taking the gun apart the paint job will look much better. We disassembled Roamer's shotgun and it turned out great.
Back to top Go down

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:02 pm

I plan on taking it apart to applay a base coat like it shows on the video Admin sugested. I looked at Roamer's shotgun it looks good. Im going to have to use lighter colors for the environment i live in. Dark green and brown dont work to good here.
Thanks for all the help.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Yeah, I have to say that it turned out great and it was our first time painting a gun. You just have to remember that prep work is everything. Take your time and do a good job sanding and priming (cleaning) the surface. Also take your time and cut out some quality stencils. It also will go along way to remember that it is easy to add more paint, but rather hard to take it away. So be a little cautious. You could try painting the pattern you were thinking about on something else first like a piece of cardboard or something useless like that. This will give you an opportunity to master your painting technique before you have ever touched your gun.
Kylon fusion did a great job might I add and the offer camo colors too.

Good luck and if you have any questions about the process please feel free to post them here. Ace will be able to help you out a lot as he is a master at painting as you can see via the link above. That is my shotgun that he was referring to.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:07 pm

im going to make a tutorial here soon. i already painted the gun, all i need to do is load the pics. its alot of fun, it turned out nicely i think. itl be up tonight or in the next few days(mom might need comp for clases)

sticks
Back to top Go down

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:40 pm

That sounds cool i will have to check it out when u get it up an running. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:43 pm

tonight is just not the night. ive tried 5 diffent hosting sites and they are all being difficult.

maybe tommorow.....

sticks
Back to top Go down

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Sounds good i will look it up tommorw.
Back to top Go down
sniperGokey
Private
Private
sniperGokey

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:43 am

I do not paint my gun for the simple reason that,This is my rifle.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

I must fire my rifle true.

I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me.

I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire,

the noise of our bursts, nor the smoke we make.

We know it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life.

Thus, I will learn it as a brother.

I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories,
its sights, and its barrel.

I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.

I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.

We will become part of each other. We will...

Before Don't use the Lord's name in vain. I swear this creed.

My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country.

We are the masters of our enemy.

We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until there is no enemy, but PEACE.

-- Maj Gen WH Rupertus.... yeah respect your rifle and love it. i do not paint my because of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gun painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun painting   Gun painting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gun painting
Page 1 of 1