Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Passive vs. Aggresive hunter

Go down 
+4
Murder
SnOWWoLF
Jax
panic324
8 posters
AuthorMessage
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

Passive vs. Aggresive hunter Empty
PostSubject: Passive vs. Aggresive hunter   Passive vs. Aggresive hunter Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:50 am

When caught up in the role of stalking, it is easy to adopt the mindset that you have an advantage over your prey. Especially in situations where there are few remaining players on the opposing team, and the final act in the game will be to take out those few remaining players. It seems like the simplest thing to do, to walk out in the middle of an open field scanning the treeline with the rest of your squad for the remnants of an almost dead team.
When this happens to you, the best possible advice I can give to you and for you to give to yourself is 'PATIENCE.' Remember that once you make yourself a target, no longer are you the hunter, you are the hunted. Remember that, as the sniper, you gave up the big flashy AEG's for a low Rate-of-Fire, possibly bolt-action rifle because it is less conspicuous and more accurate. You gave up the mobility of regular BDU's for a ghillie suit, because it keeps you better hidden. After making all these sacrifices as a sniper, you can not be willing just to give them up for the arrogance of walking across the field in clear line of sight. You are an asset to your team when you play your role as the sniper correctly. You can help no one by getting shot. On the other hand, however, if you lurk in the high grass (so to speak), remain in your concealed position, stalk as you do normally, you are a force to be reckoned with.
A good metaphor would be that you are not a Police Officer on a manhunt with the K-9 unit. Rather, you are an undercover Police agent on the same manhunt, trying to capture the fugitive alive without being seen. (Or in your case, dead without being seen)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
Jax
Corporal
Corporal
Jax

PostSubject: Re: Passive vs. Aggresive hunter   Passive vs. Aggresive hunter Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:33 am

I'll keep that in mind. Good stuff, Panic.
Back to top Go down
SnOWWoLF
Private
Private
SnOWWoLF

PostSubject: Re: Passive vs. Aggresive hunter   Passive vs. Aggresive hunter Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:32 pm

thanks, that will help in the future
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Passive vs. Aggresive hunter   Passive vs. Aggresive hunter Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:56 pm

thanks for the tip, good post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Passive vs. Aggresive hunter   Passive vs. Aggresive hunter Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:19 am

Well said however dosent it deppend on your mission. Im passive when it comes to killing a specific target. However when defending an ally im quite agressive.
Back to top Go down
spayne
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Passive vs. Aggresive hunter   Passive vs. Aggresive hunter Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:02 pm

I agree
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Passive vs. Aggresive hunter   Passive vs. Aggresive hunter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:40 am

I like the advice, but I don't really do that, i aim for main targets first, most often team leaders, i will stalk a team for 30 minutes to 1 hour finding out who is taking charge, if its one guy then the rest of the team will be lost with out him, so if my team is gone or to a few people i only go for bigest targets first then pick of the rest after that, if its more then one person giving comands i will burry myself and play agressivly prying my rifle and ammo are playing for me
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Passive vs. Aggresive hunter   Passive vs. Aggresive hunter Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:32 am

Well most often i find myself dfending an ally of the field normally the left or right and in a position where i can cover that side and center. I don't give a rats ass whose in charge hows he supposed to operate with all his players dead. They can take on a 7 man sqaud or a hidden sniper. And most people pick the sniper and oh boy they don't make that mistake again.

don't forget about the fact that being an agressive sniper is a different way of saying make your presence known. And you can't beat the fact that one bb hits a tree from nowhere and everyones diving for cover and screaming Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Passive vs. Aggresive hunter   Passive vs. Aggresive hunter Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Truly...the pyschological factor when snipeing however small is still there and more people tend to dwell on when they where engaged by the sniper than the lone rifleman that just screamed at you and sprayed everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passive vs. Aggresive hunter   Passive vs. Aggresive hunter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Passive vs. Aggresive hunter
Page 1 of 1