Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Super Sniper...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:15 pm

Just look over to the left... I give you the first sniper/support weapon in airsoft.

Actually there is normally just a bipod on there. = ) It is an Echo 1 M14, with the following modifications (performed by myself): Internal mods- Prometheus 650mm 6.03mm tightbore barrel, Systema Magnum motor, Systema M150 spring, Systema Area 1000 piston head, Deep Fire piston with titanium teeth, Systema hop up bucking and metal shims. External mods- Leapers Green/Red illuminated 4 x 32 scope, (normally) UTG RIS Bipod, cheap'o laser just for fun and a King Arms 290mm mock surpressor to cover inner barrel. I have 3 90rd Marui midcap mags and the standard Echo 1 hi cap.

As of right now, it is still a work in progress, however it is shooting pretty good. It has great range, the accuracy is getting there, and it has a better ROF than a bolt action. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 11:07 pm

Whoa, whats its current fps and how far can you usually get kills from?

BTW, its ROF is better than a bolt-action, but i bet its not as fun =]
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 11:43 pm

It is probably shooting around 450ish. I havent chronoed it yet, but it seems like they are getting out there pretty quick. Very Happy

I actually havent used it in a game yet. Shocked I am an aggressive player, so I honestly prefer my CA36c or AK over this due to the ROF. I am sure it will see the battlefield soon though. Like I said in the previous post though... it is a work in progress. Very Happy

P.S. I have shot a few bolt actions and they are fun to shoot. I can see where it might feel a little more rewarding to get a kill with as well, but I can hit 3 people before the bolt action guy can get the second round in the chamber. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
First Lady

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 12:59 pm

Seabass_9000 wrote:
P.S. I have shot a few bolt actions and they are fun to shoot. I can see where it might feel a little more rewarding to get a kill with as well, but I can hit 3 people before the bolt action guy can get the second round in the chamber. Very Happy

It might be more rewarding when you compare one kill w/a bolt action to one kill w/semi-full auto, but in my experience I get probably four times as many kills with a semi-full auto weapon than with a bolt-action. So you tell me which is more rewarding overall Smile
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Hey I am in the same boat as you are. I generally am the guy running around with a CA36c or an E1 AK47RIS w/ICS M203... I get plenty of kills. Very Happy

I dont have the patience to be a sniper... I built the M14 up thinking it might be fun, but then I played a few times after and decided it wasnt for me. I am more of a frontline's type of guy. My friend is thinking about buying the M14 off of me right now, because he is the opposite. Which is ironic when you consider him being much smaller, faster, and when playing paintball very aggressive. So, if he does buy it I may be running around with a CA MG36 support gun. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:28 pm

A lot of times when sniping, your faced with multiple enemies and your hidden from them. If you take multiple shots you would give your cover away, so bolt action or semi auto wouldn't make much of a difference. In fact depending on how noisy your semi auto is, you could possibly give away your position in one shot o.O
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:35 pm

True, but I would imagine if you put a semi auto sniper that is properly tuned in the hands of somebody that knows what they are doing, he would probably be able to keep a squad of 4 or 5 pinned down. Whenever I am using an AEG and I get in a situation like this with the opposition using a bolt action, I just get them to shoot once at me (hopefully they miss) and then I rush them because I know it will take them about 3-4 seconds before they can get off another accurate shot, which in most situation is enough for me to pin down the player if they are within 50-60 yards. They send 1 my way I send 140 back. Very Happy

Bolt actions are much stealthier though... but when I built the M14 I didnt have much stealth in mind. Just long range and accuracy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:46 pm

Yah thats why if you use a bolt action you dont reveal your position. After that shot at you and you rush in, a good sniper would have taken off too, but I better one wouldn't have been seen in the first place Smile
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:29 pm

Good call. My favorite method of getting kills is waiting in brush with a bb on the end of a really long stick... when somebody gets close enough I just gab them with the stick and yell "Your out".
Actually that is totally made up and I have never been closer than 7-10 feet to somebody when in cover. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Hahaha thats funny, i should try that. Or you could just bring a straw and shoot the bbs out like that =[]
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:47 pm

Actually, if you put a BB in a barrel it is fairly effective up to about 15 feet. Very Happy If you could produce enough pressure, I bet you could put some hop up on it and get it to 20 feet. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Yah my straw has stock hop up, i should get a better one.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:17 pm

Definitely will help! Its time to upgrade Sentinel. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Now that I am going to change my Avatar, I am going to post the pic of the m14 so others can view it still...
Super Sniper... Airsof10

And no, in this pic the silencer isnt attached as a few of you have noticed... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:44 pm

Meh i suck with cameras and stuff, if i can figure out how to use my dad's i will post some pics after i "attempt" to camo my gun Suspect
Back to top Go down
stealth killer
Private
Private

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:39 pm

r gernades reusable? >.< been needin to kno that for a while silent
Back to top Go down
DaddyX
Private
Private

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:43 am

stealth killer wrote:
r gernades reusable? >.< been needin to kno that for a while silent

yea
Back to top Go down
DaddyX
Private
Private

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:45 am

Seabass_9000 wrote:
Just look over to the left... I give you the first sniper/support weapon in airsoft.

Actually there is normally just a bipod on there. = ) It is an Echo 1 M14, with the following modifications (performed by myself): Internal mods- Prometheus 650mm 6.03mm tightbore barrel, Systema Magnum motor, Systema M150 spring, Systema Area 1000 piston head, Deep Fire piston with titanium teeth, Systema hop up bucking and metal shims. External mods- Leapers Green/Red illuminated 4 x 32 scope, (normally) UTG RIS Bipod, cheap'o laser just for fun and a King Arms 290mm mock surpressor to cover inner barrel. I have 3 90rd Marui midcap mags and the standard Echo 1 hi cap.

As of right now, it is still a work in progress, however it is shooting pretty good. It has great range, the accuracy is getting there, and it has a better ROF than a bolt action. Very Happy

do u no if king arms magazines will work in an echo 1 M14? i have an echo 1 m14 EBR RIS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super Sniper... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Sniper...   Super Sniper... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Sniper...
Page 1 of 1