Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Number of Forums

Go down 
+3
white wolf
ncis
Omega Lambda
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:34 am

I've noticed that this is a pretty slow-paced site. I think it's due mostly to the fact that there are lots of separate forums and not enough members to fill them. This site has more forums than any other site I've been a member of. Have you considered condensing some of your forums to make site navigation easier and speed up activity in each forum?
Back to top Go down
ncis
Major
Major

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:09 am

shush
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:20 am

why? we like our fourm organised into this this and this! it works well
Back to top Go down
HWgeneral
Corporal
Corporal
HWgeneral

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:26 pm

I like how it is, keeps everything where it should be
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Well, for example, why does the sniper section need its own picture forum? Wouldn't it be easier to find what you're looking for if all the pics and vids were together? Why do we need a Which Gun? forum when we have an entire section of Airsoft Weapons? What's the purpose of the State Discussion section? If there's an event, it can go under Upcoming Airsoft Events in the General section. If you want to see if anyone on the forum is from your area, just look right below their avatar.

I'm not saying the entire site needs to be redone, I'm just saying it could be cleaned up a bit.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:27 pm

ITS EASIER TO GET TO AN EXACT!!!!!!

and you don't have clutter study
Back to top Go down
ncis
Major
Major

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:06 pm

M14 DOUBLE TAPS, DELETE THIS TOPIC!
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:21 pm

aye, before it gets bad, somhow
(that last one, did I come off mean?)
Back to top Go down
ncis
Major
Major

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:54 pm

nah, not to me
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:04 pm

good! just checking
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:16 pm

To Omega Lambda, I believe that the reason this forum has so many sections in each Discussion Board is for the ease of people searching for a certain topic or thread. This makes searching WAY faster and less cluttered as WW stated. jocolor

If the Mods think this is useless please delete.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:27 pm

I'm not going too delete it, its a legit question that he asked....

OL, many of the forums are similar but have different rules or different post topics. In example, I beleive the AEG section near the bottom of the home page is for reviews or specific questions.... Whereas the AEG forum near the top is more general stuff about AEG's, instead of being about "different" AEG's. I don't think its being used that way but, meh its there...

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:05 pm

We could compress the BST section to just 3...B, S, & T.

And maybe close some of the least frequented ones, like miscellaneous weapons?
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:16 pm

To white wolf and ncis: I'm sorry if I came off as attacking the structure and status quo of the forums, I meant simply to humbly suggest streamlining them a bit. I'm far from being an expert on web design and forum dynamics, but the experience I do have pointed toward this suggestion.

I just feel as if it takes me a long time to check the forums in all these sections for what I'm interested in. Any way of streamlining that, I thought, would be desirable. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Number of Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number of Forums   Number of Forums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Number of Forums
Page 1 of 1