Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Trigger/gearbox problem.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Trigger/gearbox problem. Empty
PostSubject: Trigger/gearbox problem.   Trigger/gearbox problem. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:43 pm

Ok so I was swapping in a new pistol grip on my G4 A5 DMR today and when I put it all back together, now the trigger wont move at all. I've taken the grip apart and gone through and tried adjusting the position of the motor and wiring, but still no change.

Anyone have an idea what happened and how to fix it?
I live about 15 minutes from ASGI, so worst case I can just bring it in and have them take a look, but I kinda want to try and fix it myself.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Trigger/gearbox problem.   Trigger/gearbox problem. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 pm

Try putting it on semi...?

Sorry but I don't see how the pistol grip is affecting the trigger. Unless the wiring is bunching up near the trigger, but I am not sure if that is even possibly unless you try forcing the wire into the gearbox.

Have you opened the gearbox when you started having problems, or when you were working with the pistol grip?
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Trigger/gearbox problem.   Trigger/gearbox problem. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:39 am

Just talked to durkee.
He's hearing noises in his motor, its connected to wiring, and now he's hearing quiet noises...
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Trigger/gearbox problem.   Trigger/gearbox problem. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Its wired inversely. At least I can tell from that information your giving me.
You need to make sure the red "positive" isde of the motor is closest to the inside of the pistol grip...or on the side facing down the barrel of the gun. While black is pointing in the opposite direction. Then wire it as so.

Are you still having any problems with the trigger?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Trigger/gearbox problem.   Trigger/gearbox problem. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Ya but I think the trigger problems have something to do with the selector switch...like I can set it to semi, but it wont actually click and no change is made to the firing mode. Im going to swap out the selector switch with the one on my UTG to see if it works but...I don't know how to get to the selecto switch/plate...anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Trigger/gearbox problem.   Trigger/gearbox problem. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:28 pm

You have to disassemble the receiver and remove the gearbox. The selector plate is on the gearbox's shell. I agree with you that it probably is the selector switch giving you the problems.

Were you able to solve the problems with your motor?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Trigger/gearbox problem.   Trigger/gearbox problem. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:59 am

Depending on the maker of the Grip, the Base plate ( where the grip attaches to the GB ) can be quite a bit thicker causing the pinion gear to be to far below the bevel gear.

Is also a possibility that the new grip is setting the GB out of middle, you may have a short caused by the selector plate making contact with the gun body, Bridging the switch assembly will relieve this problem. ( IMHO shoud be done on all Switch assemblys ).
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Trigger/gearbox problem.   Trigger/gearbox problem. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:41 pm

That was exactly the problem I guess Slob. Base plate wasn't any good. Thanks!

Thread lock requested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trigger/gearbox problem.   Trigger/gearbox problem. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trigger/gearbox problem.
Page 1 of 1