Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Smoke grenades

Go down 
+2
Spl. Durkee
Utz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Utz
Private
Private
Utz

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:37 pm

I know this is probably a very common question asked, but where can I by Cold (not sparked or fused) Smoke Grenades? Also, is it even really allowed to use them on most fields?

Thanks
Utz
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Civilian-used smoke grenades are considered to be fireworks...generally, if fireworks are banned in your area, so are smoke emitters. Even if fireworks are legal, smoke can cause breating problems and false alarms of fire. Check with your local fire marshal, fire dept, and sheriff.
Back to top Go down
Zulu Two Six
Private
Private
Zulu Two Six

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:41 pm

well, no-fire smoke grenades are not possible, to produce smoke you must have a fire. right? plus if they've found another way for smoke to be emitted without fire they probrably don't have it in the form of a grenade
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:14 pm

You know model trains use a cold-smoke chemical that produces black smoke. What if someone really made a strong formula for airsoft.

As long as the area was vented it would be all good.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:54 pm

http://www.uoarmory.com/Tactical_Smoke_Grenade_5_pack_p/tsg-ss5.htm
Also in a ten pack one issue. For some haz mat crap you gotta pay a 23 dollar fee to ship it plus shipping plus the product so ya.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:09 am

Great find, Satan! There are a few fields I play at that are located in firework-friendly counties and I have had so much trouble finding good smokes. Im just wondering if they can ship to california...
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:44 am

They can but tht haz mat fee is pricey.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:04 am

The smokes themselves are somewhat pricey too. You can get pyro smokes at any airsoft or paintball place for $3-4. But at $67 for 10, with $22.50 haz. mat., $5 handling, and (I think) shipping on top of that (unless the haz. mat. fee covers that?) that would come to around $10 per smoke, or the price equivalent of using 7 hi-caps worth of BBs.

Ordering 10 of these is actually about price equivalent with purchasing a tornado grenade.

But if non-pyro smoke is what you need, I haven't seen a better deal anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Utz
Private
Private
Utz

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 9:46 pm

Alright, thanks. I might buy some of those. I'll also check my fields' rules.

Utz
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:59 am

Sorry for the necro, but I wanted to add this find.

Someone suggested the "Superior Tactical Smoke Grenades" and I stumbled across a demo video of one today...so here ya go...

The look like great imitters...but I don't understand how they're non-pyro? Can someone explain that?
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:10 am

The guy said they're cold burning, so they must contain some material that oxidizes at a low temperature. That was kind of redundant, but that's all the insight I have. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smoke grenades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke grenades   Smoke grenades Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smoke grenades
Page 1 of 1