Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review Empty
PostSubject: WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review   WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:52 pm

ok so i just got my pistol in the mail yesterday. i opened up the box and almost jizzed in my pant. this gun just looks amazing.
i immediately picked it up and felt the nice heft the gun has (it weights about 3 Ibs loaded)
this gun is full metal a an extremely comfortable rubberized grip (which feels amazing in my hand) and some very nice safety features.
mind you this is my first gbb so i don't know if these features are on other gbbs guns as well.
pretty much there 3 safety features on here.
1. the safety itself
2. the gun will only fire after being cocked back
3. there is a pressure pad on the back off the grip. if no pressure is put on it the gun will not fire.
safety is very important to me. so this is great
there is also a customized light pull trigger and raised sights
i also was able to take it apart. field stripping this is extremely easy. i was surprised. and everything went back together nicely. nothing popped out when i took it apart or broke etc. the interals looked very solid as well as the gun itself
the slide cocks back smoothly and has amazing clicking sounds which makes you just wants to pull it back and forth all over again
although this gun is very solid there is a bit of an issue. the barrel wobbles like a mother. if this doesnt bother you then you are good to go. but this bothers me a bit. as the gun does not feel as solid as it should be.

pros.
-3 safety features
-full metal
-light trigger
-rubberized grip
-easy to field strip

cons
- a bit of barrel wobble.

overall i give this gbb a 4.9/5
the barrel wobble does bother me a bit but i still love this gun. Very Happy ill be sure to post pics soon

also i have not been able to fire it yet. so in the future i will talk about that as well
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review   WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:17 pm

The safety features you listed are standard for all GBBs except for the grip safety, that's exclusive to M1911s and similar guns.
Back to top Go down
gapairsoft
Sergeant
Sergeant
gapairsoft

PostSubject: Re: WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review   WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:55 pm

it is still nice to know that it wont go off in your holster Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review   WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:22 pm

Of course, that's why I like 1911s more than any handgun I've seen.
Back to top Go down
gapairsoft
Sergeant
Sergeant
gapairsoft

PostSubject: Re: WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review   WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:00 pm

that and their just AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review   WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:10 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
ok so i just got my pistol in the mail yesterday. i opened up the box and almost jizzed in my pant. this gun just looks amazing.
i immediately picked it up and felt the nice heft the gun has (it weights about 3 Ibs loaded)
this gun is full metal a an extremely comfortable rubberized grip (which feels amazing in my hand) and some very nice safety features.
mind you this is my first gbb so i don't know if these features are on other gbbs guns as well.
pretty much there 3 safety features on here.
1. the safety itself
2. the gun will only fire after being cocked back
3. there is a pressure pad on the back off the grip. if no pressure is put on it the gun will not fire.
safety is very important to me. so this is great
there is also a customized light pull trigger and raised sights
i also was able to take it apart. field stripping this is extremely easy. i was surprised. and everything went back together nicely. nothing popped out when i took it apart or broke etc. the interals looked very solid as well as the gun itself
the slide cocks back smoothly and has amazing clicking sounds which makes you just wants to pull it back and forth all over again
although this gun is very solid there is a bit of an issue. the barrel wobbles like a mother. if this doesnt bother you then you are good to go. but this bothers me a bit. as the gun does not feel as solid as it should be.

pros.
-3 safety features
-full metal
-light trigger
-rubberized grip
-easy to field strip

cons
- a bit of barrel wobble.

overall i give this gbb a 4.9/5
the barrel wobble does bother me a bit but i still love this gun. Very Happy ill be sure to post pics soon

also i have not been able to fire it yet. so in the future i will talk about that as well
Grrr my Kimber '11 had a grip safety. It malfunctioned during a marxcomp and it cost me the whole competition because it caused a misfeed during my first stage. Tore the "Watch your language" thing out right afterwards. Its a good addition for the casual shooter, but a pain in the @ss for anything else. Shouldnt have any problems on an airsoft replica though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review   WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WE-tech 1911 meu (desert warrior) review
Page 1 of 1