Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Real-time Force Movement Tracking

Go down 
+4
iliveforthis99
Undertaker
DrummerBoyz95
Spl. Durkee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Real-time Force Movement Tracking Empty
PostSubject: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 am

Thoughts?

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=28201

Wont touch em til I see em in action...but it is definitely a cool idea (although these particular ones will probably be a pile of junk wrapped in cheap plastic).
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:08 am

ASGI sells 'em, matter of fact. Interesting concept but... In airsoft? Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:11 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
ASGI sells 'em, matter of fact. Interesting concept but... In airsoft? Whatever.

Well...idunno really...I'm shaky on the concept. Then again, there are some players that invest in light armored vehicles, NVG's, PLANES!
Ya never know, it could take off...especially for those Ghost Recon fans.

BTW...you can make something like this for about $100.
Back to top Go down
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:20 am

Haha ill buy one when you can mount it on an RIS, and it does heartbeat, not GPS. MW2 has poisened me!
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:21 am

Undertaker wrote:
Haha ill buy one when you can mount it on an RIS, and it does heartbeat, not GPS. MW2 has poisened me!

EWW CALL OF DUTY!!!
The power of christ compels you! The power of christ compels you!

I'm going to go rinse my eyes out and pretend I never read that post Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 am

I was drooling over it until i realized it wasn't actually a motion tracking. After that i'm going to it's overpriced to be any good.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:12 am

For that price, it would have to be a helmet-integrated HUD projection to interest me. Better off with radios and keen eyes than constantly watching this thing.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:16 am

Agreed, Omega. It just doesn't seem worth it nor necessary. But as Spl. said, people invest in way crazier and frivolous things...
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:20 am

What are you talking about? Every team worth it's salt needs night vision, armored transport, and at least one AC-130 for aerial insertions!
Back to top Go down
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:19 pm

iliveforthis99 wrote:
I was drooling over it until i realized it wasn't actually a motion tracking. After that i'm going to it's overpriced to be any good.

Yeah, it's just a GPS that sends locations of people also with the tracker to yours. Cool, but I wouldn't spend the money....
Back to top Go down
Gerber
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 am

How many people are going to go out and buy one? It would be far better if it were free, then EVERYONE would would have one! ( last sentence in a Borat voice is far funnier than it being just read silently )
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:06 am

I guess its as crappy as we imagined.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:13 am

Its not GPS itīs a radio tracker, a simplified version of a Walkie Talkie, have seen teams using them and had the oppertunity to play with the thing a bit, the range is minimal ( can see your team mates ), will actualy give your position away if you happen to bump the Alarm Switch and a team mate calls for help. You can defeat these little toys with a simple radio tracker from Tandy.

If you are doing Zombie Games, or Resident Evil re-enactment I guess they would be cute to have, other than that, naaaaa

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7150337/OP_Resident_Evil_II
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real-time Force Movement Tracking   Real-time Force Movement Tracking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real-time Force Movement Tracking
Page 1 of 1