Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

AF sniper/dm load out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

AF sniper/dm load out Empty
PostSubject: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:01 am

i need some help on this i would like to do an AF sniper load out pretty close to my current one but an abu. but what other things would i need?
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:02 am

I didnt know there where AF snipers
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:11 am

there are most people think that AF is all about jets and blowing "Watch your language" up, but most intel that the troops get comes from the AF well the AF needs snipers to get some of that intel. along with uavs and stuff pretty much every branch needs the AF. I wanted to do a pj load out but well medics are bad ass but i like sniping.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:18 am

I know the AF isn't all about jets and such but i didnt think they used sniper teams as an asset.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:24 am

yep, they also have ground forces like every other branch haha they have everything every other branch has plus some.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:34 am

I know they use ground forces ALOT but do they have dedicated sniper training
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:48 am

Yessur, Air Force Security Force squadrons employ snipers...most often as airbase defense, but they do also perform RC and direct engagement.
They're considered SF and I believe they are trained by the Army at Ft Ben.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:54 am

okay we are off topic thanks durkee, but i need to know the gear they use.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:25 am

lonesniper24 wrote:
okay we are off topic thanks durkee, but i need to know the gear they use.

AF sniper/dm load out 11-19-07a
AF sniper/dm load out M24_iraq_snipers_2004_375
AF sniper/dm load out 697657

Loadout really depends on the theater of operation...but I'd go grab some ABU (Tiger stripe)...then build from there...
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:15 am

this is what my load out will look like at first

ABU
ABU boonie cover
folage green boots(and socks)
folage green under shirt
black knee pads (there authorized)
OD tac vest (same as current load out not sure if its authorized could somebody check)

im not looking for the same meterial clothing i just want it to look like it's all okay and authorized.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:44 pm

USAF Security Forces(SF), are not Special Operating Forces or anything remotely similar. They are the AF's MP's... They have their own training at Lackland AFB I believe. The AF employs teams of snipers within the Security Forces corps called Close Precision Engragement teams(CPE's). TACP or Tactical Air Controller party also employs snipers. I don't remember where they get their sniper training(may be AF, or may be Army). I don't believe AF EOD use snipers, if they have I have not heard about it. This about covers all the ground units that I can think of, besides PJ's and whatever their SOF capable Security Forces are called. Theres also Emergency Services team, which is similar to a SWAT team but for the air force.

The USAF SF "sniper"(CPE) is actually more of a counter sniper than anything else. The qualifying coarse is only 2 weeks, compared to the 5-6 of other branches. The coarse is held at Ft. Bliss in Texas.

Honestly just wear what any other security forces member would wear. Depending on the time range this could be ALICE LC2 to IOTV.... Your OD cross draw is not issued any probably not authorized piece of kit for a Security forces or any other similar sniping unit from the AF. the reason being they would still require something that can take BALCS, SAPI etc armor too keep the soldier safe.

sticks
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:24 am

ok would the ALICE LC2 work for a troop you would see in iraq today? I'm cheap and could easily make one in about 15 to 30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:51 am

sry for double posting but, a cross draw is authorized, it's just never seen because troops like the new molle gear more. fixed pocets got dropped due to them being fixed, troops would rather have essentils first then other "Watch your language" later.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:34 pm

Its authorized OVER a plate carrier, same with LC2 gear and other forms of gear. You wont see any guys running around with one on though, mainly because its non modular and for a sniper its got allot of useless pouches... So you would have to buy a plate carrier to put under the cross draw if you wanted a real kit...

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AF sniper/dm load out   AF sniper/dm load out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AF sniper/dm load out
Page 1 of 1