Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

ERR Confused

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GR1NDH0USE
Private
Private
GR1NDH0USE

ERR Confused Empty
PostSubject: ERR Confused   ERR Confused Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:37 am

Why is the Skorpion sometimes considers a handgun and a sub. Which one is it? And why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jakeelectro
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

ERR Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: ERR Confused   ERR Confused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:27 am

I personally would call it sub. It really does fit into the Sub-Machine gun category, even if its that small. Razz It's also got a retractable stock, which, NO, doesn't mean it's automatically a sub, but it does help me lean even more towards the the Sub-Machine category. I have fired the Skorpian before, and almost bought it. It's a BEAST, with excellent power and an ROM to boot. Whatever it's classified under, I will still respect it on the field!!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
sticks.13

ERR Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: ERR Confused   ERR Confused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 3:52 am

This one is a little more...... Case sensitive. Acording to most military and LE guys that I have talked to consider it a pistol. Why? You ask. Well in most cases an SMG will use a trigger/selector assembly that is similar to an assualt rifle. The Scorpion, G18C, and the G23F all use a pistol style trigger assembly/selector switch. All of them use a pistol style bolt and barrel. The two glocks are fed like pistols but due to the scorpions mission design(a gun for the border guard/in cab gun for militarytruckers basically it was made to have full auto capabity to anyone in the Russian mitary who didn't want to tote an AK47 around), by moving the chamber foreward and adding a wire frame stock the nearly doubled the accuracy. Basically the scorpion is a full auto pistol in a more accurate design.

Heres some similar weapons that I would consider to be SMG's even though they are debated to be full auto pistols. Mp5k, internally a shrunken Mp5. This was designed to be a backup for GSG9 sniper. Micro Uzi, designed to give isrealy SF a compact silent killng machine for missions where stealth is a requiorment. Russion 9mm bizen, designed to give Spetznas troops a light compact CQC gun with a high capacity and low decible(sound)rate.

sticks
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

ERR Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: ERR Confused   ERR Confused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Wow.....outsmarted by Sticks again! Lol, I was just saying a sub because of opinion. Hes got the facts. Don't listen to what I said silent
Back to top Go down
GR1NDH0USE
Private
Private
GR1NDH0USE

ERR Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: ERR Confused   ERR Confused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Ahhh. Very informative. Id consider the Glock 18C a machine gun pistol though but once equipped with a stock you have to register it as a short barreled rifle.(weird). It'd probably conclude it as a sub because of the style of mag it has and the fire selector.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

ERR Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: ERR Confused   ERR Confused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 3:51 pm

personally i still refer to the Scorpion as a SMG just because saying automatic pistol takes a long time to say and type........

I get all my stuff from books. If you want i can give you titles and authors. I don't even know if they sell some of the gun books I have anymore.

double-taps: you though out you answer I had to go look it up in a book. You get +2 sir!

Grindhouse: the whole system is weird if you ask me. In your native Republica de Kalifornia you cannot have an assault rifle, but you can have an M15 with a weird grip that makes is look like someone at the factory messed up bad.... Why?(besides that FACT that moving the grip to a lower degree obviously makes the 5.56 round alot less powerful) Laughing

sticks
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

ERR Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: ERR Confused   ERR Confused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:20 pm

I would love for the titles and authors, Sticks. Truth be told, I get alot of my answers out of books. I read a 986 page gun dictionary once. My parents were scared. And yeah thats the only gun book I have, it's by David Miller. Its called: "The Illustrated Directory Of Guns"
Back to top Go down
GR1NDH0USE
Private
Private
GR1NDH0USE

ERR Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: ERR Confused   ERR Confused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:18 pm

Oh I was refering to the glock 18 as a machine gun pistol. I still consider the skorpion a smg. It just seems more fitting for a gun like that
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

ERR Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: ERR Confused   ERR Confused Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:34 pm

double-taps: thats a really good one but its a little out dated. Funny that was my first gun book too. At first i didnt understand anything that they said in the captions but i slowly learned. im not at my house right now but once i get home ill give you some titles.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ERR Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: ERR Confused   ERR Confused Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ERR Confused
Page 1 of 1