Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Couple issues here

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nova
Private
Private

Couple issues here Empty
PostSubject: Couple issues here   Couple issues here Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:14 am

So, right now I have an AGM VSR10, and have decided that it's not worth trying to sell it and buy an L96 since that could get a bit costly. My main goal was to make it more quiet, and maybe improve the accuracy.

I was looking around and read about how some guy basically stuffed the innards of his gun with paper towels...so of course I tried that. Though being the first time I have ever disassembled my VSR10, let alone an airsoft gun, I didn't exactly know what I was doing. I basically took apart the whole chamber that encases the workings of the trigger and whatnot; big mistake. There is one part that I can not figure out for my life how to put in...when I do fit it in, pulling the trigger no longer makes the gun actually fire, and if I angle it so it seems as if the gun would fire, the chamber casing won't fit back together. So I left it out, and the gun works and all, just when I hold it upright and in a firing position the trigger clacks whenever I pull it. Not too sure how to fix this.

Anyways, after I put the chamber back together, I screwed the idea of actually disassembling the firing chamber and decided to wrap the area around it in paper towels instead. I also added paper towels around the barrel, though neither of these helped much. So then I took a cardboard tube that's used for wrapping paper and slipped that over the barrel, stuffing some paper towels in that (the cardboard tube extends about 6 inches or so past the actual sniper barrel). And surprisingly it actually works! I'm just hoping to find a better makeshift silencer other than a 30 inch cardboard tube over my gun's barrel...Oh forgot to mention I stuffed the hollow stock with paper towels as well, but can't tell if that made a difference.

Anyways, advice on how to fit that piece in as well as how to make my gun quieter (either internal or external silencers, though I'm aiming for both for maximum effectiveness) would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Couple issues here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple issues here   Couple issues here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Whatever you do, don't use paper towels...
If you notice, dry paper towels give off a real fine lint. That stuff gets into the action and you're asking for a jam.

The best way to do it is with foam. I don't know exactly what kind they talk about, but I think it comes in a spray can of some sort. Best to check out the local hardware store.

Contacting a few people with experience...
Hopefully we can get you the answers you need.

Cheers!
Sorry I couldn't answer this myself.

Heres a video that may help you out:
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

Couple issues here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple issues here   Couple issues here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:05 pm

HMM... I haven't really done anything like this yet... Im REALLY sorry I couldnt help I'll ask my team lead if he knows anything
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Couple issues here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple issues here   Couple issues here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Okay, durkee PMd me this link, and I'm not understanding what you did other then stick some paper towel in the gun, do not do that. it will screw up the gun really bad, heres what I have to say. It is spring action so that noise is the spring shooting forward in the gun and the echo going into the hollow stock.

so this is what you do, get some silicone, and take off the recoil pad and put get it is as far as you can, the stuff expands so get just the right amount in it, this will allow the sound waves to get stuck inside the silicone foam, meaning it will be quite. A silencer will not work, it only works for gas operated guns, so just give up on that.

and the trigger, I am thinking you lost a small spring that it needs, this happened to my friends bar 10, and the only way it fired is if you held it upside down, he and I fixed that by taking a pen and getting the spring out of that, look up some bar 10 assembly guides to put the inner parts back together so it shoots properly, then add the silicone to the butt of the rifle to give it the maximum silencing possible.

if you also would like take some of those rubber O rings you can get like 10 for a dollar or something and slide those on the barrel, so when the BB is bouncing through the barrel, they will absorb the sound to.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

Couple issues here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple issues here   Couple issues here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:12 pm

well, to answer how to quiet it a pvc pipe hooked up with some tape on the end will scilence it pretty well(just shoot through the tape on the end) and to secure it use paper covered in duct tape or duct tape on the barrel to size of the PVC

and for the rest, I've heard of cotton balls being put into the stock to scilence the internals
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Couple issues here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple issues here   Couple issues here Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:24 am

well white wolf, once cotton balls get wet they arn't good anymore, thats why i say silicone, most rifle stocks have seam lines so water can get in.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Nova
Private
Private

Couple issues here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple issues here   Couple issues here Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Couple updates:

I managed to put my gun back together all except for one piece. That piece is what keeps the gun from firing when the bolt is not in it's resting/locked position, but that's no big deal.

I made a silencer out of a water bottle and some paper towels, and slipped it over the barrel of my gun with some duct tape. It actually works really well so now the only thing that is making much noise is the internals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Couple issues here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple issues here   Couple issues here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Couple issues here
Page 1 of 1