Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

What's a good strategy for a support gunner ?

Go down 
+2
M14 double-taps
M16-A3
6 posters
AuthorMessage
M16-A3
Private
Private
M16-A3

What's a good strategy for a support gunner ? Empty
PostSubject: What's a good strategy for a support gunner ?   What's a good strategy for a support gunner ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 11:30 pm

What's a good strategy for a support gunner ? That's all I need to know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kapowwe.com
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: What's a good strategy for a support gunner ?   What's a good strategy for a support gunner ? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:08 am

Well, I would try and NOT go as trigger happy as you do......hahaha just kiding. You probably know more than I do about it, But all I can say is maybe you should buy that TM tracer unit I told you about, and don't just hold the trigger down, even WITH your new box mag. try doing 5-10 round bursts. UNLESS your giving somebody suppressing, support, or covering fire....then it's obviously different Wink
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: What's a good strategy for a support gunner ?   What's a good strategy for a support gunner ? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:30 pm

hmmm, i think i recall a long lost thread on ASR that went in depth about this.

To be quite honest support gunners are WAY different than sniper, we may be hardpressed to help you out...I for one can only provide links to some other sites.

But I hope I can help, H/o if your reading this now, subject to edit post.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: What's a good strategy for a support gunner ?   What's a good strategy for a support gunner ? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 3:06 pm

Well like the sniper role the support gunner role is a very frustrating and costly position(probably the most costly in airsoft). The whole idea behind a support gunner is to provide cover fire for the group that you are supporting. you probably will not get many kills(like the sniper), but you will be shooting alot. alot.. alot(unlike the sniper). Your whole goal in the game is to make the OPFOR duck so others can move. Really besides the whole money part, and the heavy gun, and the lack of kills, and the occasional lack of water/other important items because of the space required to carry batteries and ammo it really isn't that bad. I looked into being a support gunner awhile back, talk to someone who steered me away from it(Mr. Kong on AO).

But if you are really determined to be a support gunner then ignore the latter half of the above paragraph. Just remember nothing in airsoft is like it is in the video games.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's a good strategy for a support gunner ?   What's a good strategy for a support gunner ? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:48 am

Well put guys. Like they mentioned, expect to spend lots of money, go through tons of ammo, and be weighed down by a heavy loadout. But if you enjoy giving cover and being feared by all who hear you, then the job is for you. Just don't expect to be considered a support gunner if you're carrying around a standard rifle (Mp5, M4, m14, you get the idea). I've seen many people consider themselves as a support gunner simply because it's a glorified role and they believe they fit that role simply because they lay down cover fire often for their friends. It's a lot deeper than that. Support gunners typically will be less mobile, very strategically placed along heavily populated areas, and can be a key part of a squad during combat.

Just remember that the support gunner's goal is not to get a ton of people out. The actual purpose of the support gunner, although kills will of course come with the territory, is to lay down support and cover fire on the enemy to either help your comrades get out of a tough spot or to give them enough time to flank the enemy. This basically entails you just keeping enough fire on them that they want to keep their heads down and their guns to their sides as opposed to pointed at you and your teammates. Keep your shots consistent and right on their target. Blind firing won't do you much good as airsofters quickly pick up on the fact that you're not shooting directly at them, and that's when you get out. It's also good to have some help with you - someone who gives you cover as well and helps you reload and remain mobile. Last piece of advice from me - COMMUNICATE!! If you're firing your gun you've already risked your position. It's time to start yelling. Let everyone know exactly where the enemy is and keep updating until everyone's eliminated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: What's a good strategy for a support gunner ?   What's a good strategy for a support gunner ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:25 pm

The most important thing is that you have radios my team all does. I used to be a heavy gunner when I first started, and what we did was our heavy gunner would be on the highest postion of the field and let people call in strikes. The heavy gunner then lets bbs rain upon them also your objective is to lay down fire and cover peolpe. Smoke nades https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuKN7dXIeR0 my best ones last for 15 min. Covers your men for great movement and when it clears all your men have moved 50+ feet ahead or cover someone planting explosives on a target.
Also the most important thing to remeber is that you are not meant to kill your meant to help kill. Of course you will make some kills with that type of firepower. You hold them down while the people around you kill. A good strategy would be to hold down a large force and let a sniper pick them off or send out flankers. Also theres a tactic called a strong side attack it works best in capture the flag games or last man standing almost all your players flank on the left or right then you leave 3 men on defense. If everyone flanks right a heavy gunner sits on the left side a litle ways away from the flag and hold anyone there. Thus anyone going right hits your huge force anyone who goes left is held down by the gunner and anyone going down the middle hits the defense.

Last edited by Satan on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar problems)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's a good strategy for a support gunner ?   What's a good strategy for a support gunner ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's a good strategy for a support gunner ?
Page 1 of 1