Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Question from younger player

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

Question from younger player Empty
PostSubject: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi, I'm Capt-Crowbar, and I have a question for more accomplished snipers. Now, I am new to being an actual sniper, but I've always had good aim and been able to land some pretty awesome shots in the past, but I want to know what you guys would recommend I get for my first sniper rifle. This is NOT my first gun, just my first sniper rifle. Keep in mind that I'm a younger player (in high school) so I can't pump out a lot of money for my weapon. Ive been looking at the wells MB03 for awhile now, and I'm starting to lean towards buying that. Ive used my friends MB03 before, and the only problem I had with it was that it was primarily plastic. But, i've never used a BAR-10, and I hear good things about them. So my question is what are your inputs on these guns? Pros and cons of he MB03, pros and cons of the BAR-10, etc. Thanks, Capt-Crowbar
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:44 pm

We don't use weapons, we use replicas Question from younger player Icon_smile

The Bar-10 is your best bet because it is highly upgradeable...thats the main purpose of buying it. The stock performance is good, but probably doesnt compete with some other, more expensive models just yet. You need to put in some extra $ for that. But it'll pay off in the long run.

Other than that, check out the Echo-1 ASR.

don't know anything about the MB03.
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Well, one of the problems I have with the bar is that I've never upgraded a gun before, so I have a fear that I'm going to mess up the internals. The only thing i've ever done to a "replica" before was reassemble the firing mechanism on my old Kalishnakov.
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Also, a other one I'm looking into is a UTG M324S. I've seen hardcore/experienced snipers use them before, and it's 120 bucks, so it's a pretty good deal for that FPS and range it has. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:30 pm

m324s, the gen3 one I have STINKS

the gen 5 or whatever they are on might be better
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Yes, it is the gen 5. The only problem is that I'd have to buy a scope separately. Have you ever used an MB03 or a BAR-10, wolf?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:13 pm

I owned a Bar-10...was a great pea shooter. Needs a TBB and probably an upgraded spring for increased velocity...but all around a good springer. Its the #1 suggested spring airsoft rifle here at Airsoft Allies. Good luck finding one, though! I'd buy from a private party rather than a retailer...maybe you can find someone selling a pre-upgraded Bar. But definitely one of the best out there bar-none. If you're looking for immediate performance but not a wide range of upgrade parts, the E1 ASR is an option. Someone link him to our 'Budget Beginner List'...I'm on my phone and it doesnt like the AA search bar.
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Thanks for all of your help, guys. And Durkee, honestly, I can't afford to get the BAR and pay for the upgrades, so I would like a decent stock gun. That's why I'm looking at the UHC Tac 9 and the MB03. They both come with scopes and bipods and work great out of the box.
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:28 am

anyone used this one? good price, 450 FPS, comes with a 3-9X40 scope.

http://www.airsoftstation.com/py-1441-3797.html
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:21 am

I'm going to say no...because I've never heard of the company.
Check out the Echo-1 ASR. Comes with all kinds of goodies and a stock performance that competes with the best.

http://www.airsoftallies.com/general-airsoft-discussion-f3/may-have-found-our-replacement-t4687.htm?highlight=found

EDIT
I looked up "SD"...guess they're just a ICS/HFC/UHC/TSD distributor.
The question is, the gun...is it ICS, HFC, UHC, or TSD. That question makes all the difference.
Theres not enough info on the replica to know what the maker is. Anyone care to give it a shot?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:50 am

Updated previous post.

Mods, please delete this one?
Got a little mouse happy.
"Got a little mouse happy"...what? hahaha
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:06 am

Capt-Crowbar wrote:
Also, a other one I'm looking into is a UTG M324S. I've seen hardcore/experienced snipers use them before, and it's 120 bucks, so it's a pretty good deal for that FPS and range it has. Any thoughts?

Yeah like Wolf said, M324 = nono.
The Well MBO3, or the UTG L96, whatever you want to call it, is a great gun. That plastic you speak of-how could you be worried about it?
If you examine it you'll notice it's like as thick as your keyboard. That is some solid plastic. I was very impressed. It's also very quiet, and accurate.
No problems there, I put my vote with it.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Ok, so the MB03 is decent? Also, any recommended secondary weapons? I was thinking galaxy MP5K. Used it before. Great gun, great price.
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Looked on AGI and found a really good deal. As I already said, I looked into getting a M324, and AGI sells a gen5 for 130 and it comes with a scope and bipod. Have you guys ever purchased anything from AGI (airsoft GI) before? If so, were there any problems with shipping, and also, is shipping free? Cause that's why In the past I shopped at airsplat.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1365
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Airsoft GI is #1 on my list of retailers.
Great service, quick shipping, and extremely reliable.
(And I'm not just saying that cuz they're about 3 blocks away)

Do not shop at Airsplat...nothing good has come from using that place.

Shipping is free if your purchase is over $100, by the way.

I can walk there in 5 minutes Smile
BOW DOWN!

Question from younger player I1381814_picture-7
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Ok, well I don't know, because from what I've seen, the M324 is still a piece of crap. Looks look I'm getting that echo you keep nagging me about, Durkee. Just 1 problem. I have no experience doing anything other than shooting sniper rifles, so when I get it (2 months, probably) how do I mount the scope? Does it just slide on? Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Yup, you loosen the adjustment knobs on the scope's rail clamp...slide it onto the rail...then tighten the knobs.

If you need a more in-depth tutorial when the replica arrives, let me know and I'll make a video Smile
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Mmk. I'm waiting for my birthday, caused I have lazy relatives, so they usually just give me money. That or gift cards to places i've never heard of before.
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:47 pm

So, after looking, I've decided to buy the M324. It's inexpensive, the gen 5 comes with a scope and bipod, and I'm planning on upgrading it with a tight bore barrel and probably getting a better scope. Thanks for all of your help, Durkee!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question from younger player   Question from younger player Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question from younger player
Page 1 of 1