Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Laser sight

Go down 
+6
Lone Wolf
Satan
inferno350z
March_ARB
wombinator
ard777
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:52 pm

When i get my mp5k, do you think a laser sight would work for it? I already have a laser sight, a $40 BSA sight i got from gander mountain. Would i need any rails to mount this, or do you think i could just make do and mount it on the top or bottom of the gun? Also, is that a decent laser sight? I have the BSA binoculars and those are great. My uncle, who is a police officer, said that the laser is pretty good for the price.
Back to top Go down
wombinator
Private
Private
wombinator

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:48 am

It could fit. But I guess if it doesn't just order a rail lol. And yeah thats a decent laser. Your uncle is right.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Yes. I'll wait until i get it to see if it fits.
Back to top Go down
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 3:05 am

I wouldnt think there would be a point to put one on there, but it would be pretty good looking. Just make sure you have some way either RIS or Weaver to put on there. I had a ICS Mp5 A4 that i upgraded to sell and it was a pain in the rear to get a good looking weaver rail system.

In my own opinion i like the mp5 how it looks with no attachments. If your using it as a CQB then a laser sight wont make much of a difference.

For my M-16 i have a 450fps spring on there and a tightbore so i use it for medium to long range stuff. When i was using the MP5 it would do it for me range whise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
inferno350z
Corporal
Corporal
inferno350z

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Honestly this is a bad idea laser lights are very easy to see and people will spot you.
If your not going for stealthy then just put light on bottome or side rail save the top incase you get a red dot scope, iron sights, rifle scope, exc.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:28 pm

I don't know laser sights are very useful my Tiberius arms Tac 8 has a laser sight so I can draw and shoot.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:57 pm

IR lasers and IR camera makes the most sense.

of course im always the one with the hi-tech apprch.

if you want to go lo-tech you can get the solid beam green laser. they already can guess where you are w/ the dot, why not!
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:16 pm

lasers- just no.

HUD/Reflex sight on an mp5k- "Watch your language" yeah. Just buy a low profile rail mount

Jim
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:13 pm

TheJim wrote:
lasers- just no.

HUD/Reflex sight on an mp5k- "Watch your language" yeah. Just buy a low profile rail mount

Jim

I agree, lasers don't work like they do in video games and Iron sights are much better. HOWEVER, they do provide a BA look. I took all the wiring out of a laser and put it on my GBB just for looks just recentley. I loved it, but had to take it off before too long because it wouldn't fit in my holster Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
STAT
Corporal
Corporal
STAT

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:24 pm

i made a 75ft kill with a laser at a night op when you get a laser make sure you can zero it in
Back to top Go down
http://www.smtactical.com http://www.tango-5.com
slob212
slob212

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:46 pm

this is just my opinion on Lasers, so please don´t take it to heart if you find it offending, sorry.

Most players don´t have the foggiest Idea on how to use a Laser effectivly in an AirSoft game.
Be honest, how many players have Played games where half the players are running around with Lasers, and if you take a step back and watch the game it looks more like an open air concert, then an AirSoft game, and at night, the playing field looks like it has been infested with FireFlies on LSD !! Razz Not only are they running around giving away thier position, the positions of thier team mates, there is also a saftey hazard to consider, anybody else here ever get laser burned in the Eyes ?? let me warn you, trying to go around with your daily routine, wearing eye patches on both eyes is no fun.

If you do purchase a Laser Targeting System, make sure it is of Quality, it is Filtered, and only use it when you are ready to shoot, a Zero Pressure Trigger Switch is a great help here.

A tactic that we use realy effectivly on night games is the following,
2 Players are equiped with NODS, usualy, ANPVS-7´s, or GEN 3, they are the only players opererating with lasers, they are located in the middle of the manuever element, with an equal number of players on thier left and right, The players with the lasers whole objective is to Locate, Spot, and Paint a target, when they have painted a target, the rest of the supporting players lets loose on the Laser Marking, its not alot of fun for the target Twisted Evil , but it does reduce your LASER ON time, and reduces the amout of time that you are exposing yourself to return fire.

Target identified, Laser On, Paint, Engage, ``HIT´´ Laser Off.
The time it took you to read that is usualy how long an engagement lasts.

Thats my take on lasers, they are a helpful tool, and they do look good, but used correctly, they are GREAT !!
Back to top Go down
STAT
Corporal
Corporal
STAT

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:07 pm

rgr that slob, use a pressure switch and only use it when you are firing. well this is what i learned when i was a bail recovery agent we trained in cqb and take downs
Back to top Go down
http://www.smtactical.com http://www.tango-5.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:33 pm

slob212 wrote:
this is just my opinion on Lasers, so please don´t take it to heart if you find it offending, sorry.

Most players don´t have the foggiest Idea on how to use a Laser effectivly in an AirSoft game.
Be honest, how many players have Played games where half the players are running around with Lasers, and if you take a step back and watch the game it looks more like an open air concert, then an AirSoft game, and at night, the playing field looks like it has been infested with FireFlies on LSD !! Razz Not only are they running around giving away thier position, the positions of thier team mates, there is also a saftey hazard to consider, anybody else here ever get laser burned in the Eyes ?? let me warn you, trying to go around with your daily routine, wearing eye patches on both eyes is no fun.

If you do purchase a Laser Targeting System, make sure it is of Quality, it is Filtered, and only use it when you are ready to shoot, a Zero Pressure Trigger Switch is a great help here.

A tactic that we use realy effectivly on night games is the following,
2 Players are equiped with NODS, usualy, ANPVS-7´s, or GEN 3, they are the only players opererating with lasers, they are located in the middle of the manuever element, with an equal number of players on thier left and right, The players with the lasers whole objective is to Locate, Spot, and Paint a target, when they have painted a target, the rest of the supporting players lets loose on the Laser Marking, its not alot of fun for the target Twisted Evil , but it does reduce your LASER ON time, and reduces the amout of time that you are exposing yourself to return fire.

Target identified, Laser On, Paint, Engage, ``HIT´´ Laser Off.
The time it took you to read that is usualy how long an engagement lasts.

Thats my take on lasers, they are a helpful tool, and they do look good, but used correctly, they are GREAT !!
I love acid!!!...no jk

Yes and the more practical lasers are the ones inside your reflex sight OR the IR one no one else can see but you. Now HIT lasers are fun. just there is no way that the other person knows if they are hit unless they look down...stick with "BAM BAM" as your turning the laser on instead.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Sponsored content

Laser sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laser sight   Laser sight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laser sight
Page 1 of 1