Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
coffee sniper
Private
Private

in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Empty
PostSubject: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Sorry it the topic is random-ish - anyway, I been lurking on this forum for awhile reading on anything got to do with sniping.

First off I'm not those typical novice who got excited off movies to decide to be a sniper, I had real experiences with sniper rifles and know the real life field tactics, also I'm going to dedicate myself in a role of fully dedicated recon sniper for mission based scrims I hope to get into, but for now I'm going to do competitive long range shooting.

Now that's cleared, I been needing some in depth pointers and perhaps help make a final decision on a sniper rifle to meet my needs.
First I'll be looking at getting everything I need from airsoftgi.com as I heard goods things of their business.
my budget will be around $400-500 or so excluding the scope.

What I'm asking for is a decision on a standalone sniper rifle, a fitting bipod and internal upgrades is nessisary

Note: it looks like blackberry browser decides to eat the other half of my post *sigh* I'll repost when home -_-

Last edited by coffee sniper on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:47 pm

You shouldn't. Get an AEG and put a scope on it. It will have just as much range, but will just be able to shoot faster for back up shots. If you do that, then you won't even need a spotter. and DO NOT get a ghillie suit. I have a personal vendetta with them...
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Check out the A&K SR-25 ($200).

Comes with a M16+ length inner barrel + mock silencer.
Throw in a stronger spring if you want FPS above 400-460 (A&K SR-25 stock FPS).

Add a scope, bipod, a few mags and you've got yourself a SASS to die for.

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
coffee sniper
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:00 pm

I hate wearing those so no problem - I too had bad experiences with them. As for the scope, that will be the last item to decide. My I ask wht an AEG? I heard they have issues sometimes in weather and more expensive and less realistic. Sad
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:01 pm

coffee sniper wrote:
I hate wearing those so no problem - I too had bad experiences with them. As for the scope, that will be the last item to decide. My I ask wht an AEG? I heard they have issues sometimes in weather and more expensive and less realistic. Sad

Are you asking what an AEG is or why an AEG?
Back to top Go down
coffee sniper
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:06 pm

I know what an AEG is but seems unreliable, the fps is low and expensive such as the PSG1. I was thinking spring bolt action would be more effective.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:23 pm

coffee sniper wrote:
I know what an AEG is but seems unreliable, the fps is low and expensive such as the PSG1. I was thinking spring bolt action would be more effective.

AEG's are the standard airsoft replicas...more reliable than gas and capable of repeating fire while spring cannot.
If AEG's are unreliable, you're gunna have to explain that to the million people owning them Very Happy

The SR-25 outshoots the PSG1...and its only $200.

You pick:
A) Squeezing the trigger...raising you head from the scope...working the bolt...bringing your head back down to the scope...refocusing on your target...squeezing the trigger.
or
B) Squeezing the trigger...squeezing the trigger...squeezing the trigger...squeezing the trigger....squeezing the trigger....squeezing the trigger....squeezing the trigger.

Which sounds more effective?
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:

You pick:
A) Squeezing the trigger...raising you head from the scope...working the bolt...bringing your head back down to the scope...refocusing on your target...squeezing the trigger.
or
B) Squeezing the trigger...squeezing the trigger...squeezing the trigger...squeezing the trigger....squeezing the trigger....squeezing the trigger....squeezing the trigger.

Which sounds more effective?
And keep in mind that they have the same accuracy
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:56 pm

Are you planning on attending OPs, where anything over 400 (or however much) fps must be bolt-action? Or will you be playing in skirmishes exclusively? Unless you're trying to adhere to specific rules, I'd advise you to get an AEG and upgrade the accuracy with a 6.01mm barrel and a Prometheus bucking.
Back to top Go down
coffee sniper
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Omega Lambda wrote:
Are you planning on attending OPs, where anything over 400 (or however much) fps must be bolt-action? Or will you be playing in skirmishes exclusively? Unless you're trying to adhere to specific rules, I'd advise you to get an AEG and upgrade the accuracy with a 6.01mm barrel and a Prometheus bucking.

(Yay finally home from work, I might remake this post with more indepth of what I want. -_- ) Mainly I'm using it for target range shooting, or long distance game role play based scenerio skirmish. I noticed most are recommending AEGs to start with, but most AEG based guns I felt no realism to it some reason. I prefer the feel of One shot, One kill despite bolt action is \"Watch your language\" to pull and delays fire time and can be frustrating, but realism is a big thing for me, not to mention I grew up with real bolt action rifles so its a habit of mine. I seen AEG sniper rifles, but they can be quite expensive and just doesn't feel the realism without pulling on a bolt or something rather.
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:10 am

Well, you can cock them... (aegs)

Quote :
Check out the A&K SR-25 ($200)

My dad has that gun, it's good, but it "flip flops" on the accuracy.

My advice, get a Bar 10 if you want the bolt, if you want effectiveness, get an aeg.
Here;
Spring
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=154_157&products_id=6216
AEG
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=154_157&products_id=3731
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:11 am

coffee sniper wrote:
I prefer the feel of One shot, One kill despite bolt action is "Watch your language" to pull and delays fire time and can be frustrating
Nothing in airsoft is 1 shot 1 kill...more like 1 shot, miss, 1 shot, miss, 1 shot, hit...even with a "sniper rifle".
Nobody is going to pull off a coldbore shot at extended ranges in airsoft without a shot/correct or dumb luck.

coffee sniper wrote:
realism is a big thing for me, not to mention I grew up with real bolt action rifles so its a habit of mine.
Pulling the bolt on a spring sniper rifle feels nothing like that of a RS bolt action rifle. There is resistance as you cock the spring.
Coming from someone who also happens to own and shoot "real" bolt action rifles...there is 0 comparison between the feel.

coffee sniper wrote:
I seen AEG sniper rifles, but they can be quite expensive and just doesn't feel the realism without pulling on a bolt or something rather.
$200 isn't expensive if we're talking long range fire capabilities. A bolt action rifle will cost you -$200...but you'd have to put alot of $ into upgrades into it to be shooting at the same level as a $200 AEG sniper rifle (but still, nowhere near the same level because you don't have repeat fire capability).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

But if you're still stuck on a bolt action rifle...look at the Echo1 ASR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be   in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

in depth Advice for a perma sniper to be
Page 1 of 1