Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Looking for a tightbore

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nova
Private
Private

Looking for a tightbore Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a tightbore   Looking for a tightbore Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:25 pm

So far I've been having a hard time finding a tightbore barrel for the Echo 1 stag 15 m8a3, as I'm pretty sure they don't have one specifically for that gun. If someone could link me to one that would be compatible that would be great. Also is there any other cost effective upgrades that I should consider getting?

Thanks a bunch!

http://www.shortyusa.com/airsoft.html?http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/viewitem.html?II=2112&UID=1279585221-69.109.174.136&OldLoc=/cart/listcategory.html&RID=4328&NL=&CA=4&kiosk=&Show=
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tightbore   Looking for a tightbore Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:30 pm

Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tightbore   Looking for a tightbore Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:11 am

Hopups can be one of the cheaper upgrades and still have a large impact. I would recommend getting a new hopup and bucking
Back to top Go down
Nova
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tightbore   Looking for a tightbore Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:02 am

http://www.airgundepot.com/echo-1-usa-stag-15-m8a3-aeg-airsoft-rifle.html

Here is a different website listing the barrel as 363mm...which I assume obviously makes those 2 other tightbores non-compatible. Would it be a good idea to get the gun first and then get the tightbore after I actually have the gun in my hands so I can see the measurements for myself? From your post I'm assuming you can actually use tightbores designed for other guns..

For the hopup I heard those can be a bit tricky to install (I have pretty much next to no experience with internal upgrades for airsoft guns of any sort) and what is the bucking?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tightbore   Looking for a tightbore Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:12 am

Yes, it would be good to get the gun first and determine what upgrades fit your needs, if any.

And Google tells me the length is 300 sooo... But dude if you already knew the length of the barrel you could just search "363mm" on ASGI Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nova
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tightbore   Looking for a tightbore Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Well disregarding length, how do I know which type/design of tightbore to get for the m8a3? (for instance, would I get a tighbore that is designed for an m4?) In short, how do I know which ones are compatible and which ones aren't?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tightbore   Looking for a tightbore Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:05 am

Yes, you would get an M4 barrel. The M8A3 is just an M4.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tightbore   Looking for a tightbore Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:50 am

Tightbores for certain guns are determined by length moreso than the kind of hop up. In my M8A3 I have a prommy stainless 6.03 which is about 363mm long (standard M4 length) I had to add in a suppressor to cover up what extends from the outer barrel that ends inside of the floating rail.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Nova
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tightbore   Looking for a tightbore Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Lone wolf: where did you get your m8a3? I've been having a really hard time finding one in stock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tightbore   Looking for a tightbore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a tightbore
Page 1 of 1