Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Scope or no scope?

Go down 
+4
Lone Wolf
DrummerBoyz95
white wolf
snarlingtoes
8 posters
AuthorMessage
snarlingtoes
Private
Private

Scope or no scope? Empty
PostSubject: Scope or no scope?   Scope or no scope? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:11 pm

This has agood sights... so don't know if I should get a scope or if it would be a waste of money. What do you guys think?
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=31363
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftgunsales.webs.com
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

Scope or no scope? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope or no scope?   Scope or no scope? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:25 pm

all depends on what you prefer

I like iron sights better, some like scopes
Back to top Go down
snarlingtoes
Private
Private

Scope or no scope? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope or no scope?   Scope or no scope? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Well I've never used a scope on an airsoft gun, but on all the rifles I have shot I do prefer iron sights.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftgunsales.webs.com
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Scope or no scope? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope or no scope?   Scope or no scope? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:23 am

If you're going to be using it at long range, which you most likely are since it is a sniper rifle, I would suggest getting an optic with at least 3x magnification. It just helps to actually be able to see the exact point where you're aiming.

The only downside with SVDs is that you will have to purchase a separate scope rail :\ unless you wanted to look around for a replica PSO-1 (which would only end up being more expensive).
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Scope or no scope? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope or no scope?   Scope or no scope? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:15 am

It seriously depends on your personal range of effectiveness. If you like to just blaze your opponents with full auto, then what you have sir, is a RPK replica.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Scope or no scope? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope or no scope?   Scope or no scope? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:26 pm

get the replica SVD scope, they are sick Smile
Back to top Go down
michaelsniper
Private
Private

Scope or no scope? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope or no scope?   Scope or no scope? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:16 pm

If you're gonna snipe with it ; scope
if its for medium range combat; no scope
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Scope or no scope? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope or no scope?   Scope or no scope? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:20 pm

You can engage close up with a scope. You have to use your perception. instead of the sights. Aim based off of reflex not off of sights~
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Scope or no scope? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope or no scope?   Scope or no scope? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:38 pm

This is actually a bolt-action. There is no full auto. I'd recommend a scope on a sniper rifle. It will help you to see where your shots land so you can correct for the next shot.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Scope or no scope? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope or no scope?   Scope or no scope? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:54 am

Omega Lambda wrote:
This is actually a bolt-action. There is no full auto. I'd recommend a scope on a sniper rifle. It will help you to see where your shots land so you can correct for the next shot.

I disagre...well, in Airsoft atleast. You can see where your BB travels without a scope better, Because you can see the whole white trail. With a scope, you only see the impact point mainly, thus it's harder to tell your BBs path and then correct.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

Scope or no scope? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scope or no scope?   Scope or no scope? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scope or no scope?
Page 1 of 1