Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Go down 
+3
elementfrvr
Spl. Durkee
Capt-Crowbar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

New member Empty
PostSubject: New member   New member Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:13 am

The newest joined member is Airsoft allies blows... If he hasn't already been banned, I think he should be. Its quite obviously not someone that will contribute to the forum, if its not NCIS getting around the system again. Just thought I should bring this up.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 am

Looking past the violators and issues lately, the core problem right now (as pointed out by Lone Wolf)...is our lack of Administrators.
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:20 am

I just sent pms to all the mods informing them of the problem, unfortunately none are online
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:07 am

That person has already posted a few times and ....yeah.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:27 am

Banned Smile

were tryin our best guys!!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:41 am

Spl. Durkee wrote:
Looking past the violators and issues lately, the core problem right now (as pointed out by Lone Wolf)...is our lack of Administrators.

Yea I've seen this problem before which is why I pointed out. There was a forum a few years ago known as AirsoftGunHelp.com. Well the Administration began to get busy with other tasks they slowly forgot about the site and forums. Some of the global mods followed suit and folded, stopped wasting their time with the site. Eventually only one global mod was left. Period.

Now this didn't end. What brought about the death of the forum was when the admin came back (or his account got hacked, we are uncertain) Anyhow, they registered bots on the site...and I mean thousands and thousands of ad bots. Advertising ED drugs and other various adult ...services. Maybe this was a failed DDoS attack? But what boggles me, is to this day the forums and domain are still up. All payed for automatically I assume by the money the bots racketeer to the hosts.

I'm not saying Airsoft Allies is the next site to become the scene of some adsense scam. But with the growing absent periods we've gone without the Administrator, or even a few of the mods. (If you go back to the groups sheets. We have A lot more mods than just M14, AFU, and Slob.) I think we have something to worry about...

So my question is, Do I stay here? Nothing interesting is ever hosted by this site... unlike, for example; review entries for raffles, promotional videos, AAR's from nationally staged OP's. A few of the various things we have the member count to host. Only the member attendance is lacking, because nothing here drives people to stay... maybe the technical advice, but even TASS was disabled. (per payment issue).

I've backdated since the last time Admin must have paid for the domain. Go Daddy hosts AsAllies on a plan for $11.99 annually. If I am doing the math correctly... that payment period is only so many weeks away. Either late this month or in October. There is no sign of a ad set up funding this site. (unless Admin posted adsense ads in low-key places I've never seen)

So I have a few options...
A. Wait out this period, see if the Administrator will renew the fees and maybe check up on things here. Resolve some issues in the process
B. Leave to spend more time with bigger and better things. Forgetting AsAllies ever existed. (which I'd hate to do, we have a good member base here and we've helped a lot of people looking for advice, not just myself helping. You, the veteran members here make Airsoft the sport it is and what it is becoming)
C. Create a new forum to the service of airsofters on a national scale, and see where things go. Inviting you guys to join that bandwagon. There is a very likely chance I'll be taking up a career inside of the airsoft market. Things I'm not going to reveal online just yet, but reasons to have public involvement none-the-less.

Now that may be a little much to reveal openly, don't ask for anymore or tell me what to do. No thanks, I'll decide for my own. So that will be the last bit of concern I'll share. We still have a forum here, let's take advantage of it and use it like we always had. If I do anything, I'll rely on the almighty powers of google to direct you to it. I'm NOT about to disrespect anyone's forum space by drawing members to something I did for my own wishes.

[/rant]

(im editting this because of my horrid english when I'm tired)
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:11 am

I think you shouldn't care because there isn't any problems yet. Anybody can make an account and trash a website. No big deal. I do think admin should make me a mod, though Smile
[/hint]
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:40 am

We as MODs are doing the best we can to hold the fort,until ADMIN comes back and hires new mods. we've all sent our reccommendations monthas ago and he still hasn't opened them. I even shot him an email...what we've really got to focus on, guys is making new members want to stay. Sure, we get newbs on all the time, but do they stay? You ask yourself. This forum has been ACTIVELY used by the same....what 18 members for months if not a year.

We really gotta work on that guys.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:35 am

Right... but then again, keeping a strong member base is near impossible without a admin hosting site events or doing anything interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Sponsored content

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1