Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Barrel length extension.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
david
Major
Major
david

Barrel length extension. Empty
PostSubject: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:37 pm

I'm swapping this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6603 for this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6604 in my G&G GR16 R4, I'm afraid that this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3476
will be too long for the gun, does it matter how much the barrel overlaps the TBB? Or should I get a different extension?
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Why not just drop a 20in. M16 barrel in? If i did my conversions right it should fit just right with that extension.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:44 am

iliveforthis99 wrote:
Why not just drop a 20in. M16 barrel in? If i did my conversions right it should fit just right with that extension.
Do you mean this?? http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6605 because I've been told that over 500 mm in length makes the gun worse.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:48 am

Not really... but once it gets REALLY long (and I mean longer than RPK length) it's just pointless adding onto it because the air flow degrades to the performance of a shorter barrel than the stock one. M16s and AUGs are some of the most accurate airsoft guns available.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Indeed, when i had my L85 it had a 20in barrel in it or close to it and it was the most accurate AEG i've had. Same with my friends AUG, 20in barrel and supper accurate.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:47 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Not really... but once it gets REALLY long (and I mean longer than RPK length) it's just pointless adding onto it because the air flow degrades to the performance of a shorter barrel than the stock one. M16s and AUGs are some of the most accurate airsoft guns available.

So do you recommend the longer (m16) one or the shorter (ak) one>
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Honestly longer is better to a certain extent, but go with whatever one you think will suit it best in terms of maneuverability. You'll be knocking it around on trees and doors until you get used to it so yeah.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:17 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Honestly longer is better to a certain extent, but go with whatever one you think will suit it best in terms of maneuverability. You'll be knocking it around on trees and doors until you get used to it so yeah.

I'm not sure, I've heard longer is worse, but I've also heard it doesn't matter. I just wanna know if the supresssor will be TOO long if I get the ak length TBB
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:44 pm

It gets to a point where the relative low power of an airsoft gun defeats the purpose of a longer barrel. The lower muzzle velocity simply isn't fast enough to overcome friction and gravity for a time as a real gun. For airsoft, 20 inch barrels are fine for standard AEG muzzle velocity's.

As the extension being to long you're going to have about 3 extra inches in the extension from where the barrel ends. Not something i'd feel like having.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:39 am

iliveforthis99 wrote:
It gets to a point where the relative low power of an airsoft gun defeats the purpose of a longer barrel. The lower muzzle velocity simply isn't fast enough to overcome friction and gravity for a time as a real gun. For airsoft, 20 inch barrels are fine for standard AEG muzzle velocity's.

As the extension being to long you're going to have about 3 extra inches in the extension from where the barrel ends. Not something i'd feel like having.

Ugh! I had hoped the ak length one would work well
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:47 am

It will work as well as it would inside an AK replica... but he's just saying that having an extra few inches isn't the greatest aesthetic feature. By all means it will function properly, but your gun would have an unnecessary ~3 inches.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:15 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
It will work as well as it would inside an AK replica... but he's just saying that having an extra few inches isn't the greatest aesthetic feature. By all means it will function properly, but your gun would have an unnecessary ~3 inches.

The barrel or the TBB?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barrel length extension.   Barrel length extension. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barrel length extension.
Page 1 of 1